Main Menu

Tear my team apart

Started by Ziplock, September 19, 2012, 03:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Back, S Fisher, D Heppell, N Duigan, K Hardingham,N Smith( Syd), M Clarke,Niall McKeever, S Docherty(Mid), J Tynan, J Pittard, M Baguley (Mid), G Uraqhart
Mid, M Priddis, D Rich, S Clifton, J P Kennedy, K Simpson, L Anthony, J Melksham,J McCarthy, J Tutt, J Newnes, E Kavanagh, A Miles, M Grigg
Ruck, N Naitanui, D Hale(Fwd), J Fraser, McCauley
Fwd, L Franklin, J Darling, B McGlynn(Mid), S Crameri,M Wright(Mid), P Karnezis,T Vickery, S Kersten, D Markworth

Tear it apart, I dare you.  :-X

meow meow

meow meow on meow meow

Mate, your team is old as flower. In a couple of years you will need to rebuild because your team is ancient. Having a team that is a contender to win the flag, while having some good young players is stupid. Youth is the only thing that matters.

Backs - Enright, Murphy and Lake only have 1-2 years left in them. Drummond is always injured and he's getting old too. Pedo can't get a game. Tambling is awesome but he's the only good backman you'll have in a couple of years. It's not like you have players who will get a run through the middle like Myers, or young, attacking half backs who can take a mark and who kick the ball twice as much as they handball like Hombsch and Batchelor. Jordan Lockyer didn't play in his first year so he's obviously shower.

Mids - Wow, talk about a retirement villiage. Hayes, Cross, Tuck will all retire at the end of next season. Thommo will be 30, and once you reach 30 you are useless. Jobe Watson is 27 so he's almost finished. I don't care if his father played until he was 36, 27 is OLD. Dal Santo is 28 and has never had a major injury, but he'll want to quit soon too. 26 year old Ryan Griffen is an over rated hack and will never reach true premium status. In 2 years when Tuck, Hayes, Thompson, Cross retire you will have to play a midfield of Watson, Dal Santo, Griffen, Mitch Wallis, Adam Treloar, and maybe Dustin Martin. So yeah, you're flowered when the old guys retire. You won't pick up anyone good in the next 3 drafts to replace them.

Rucks - Cox is old like the rest of your team. Minson will be old when Cox retires, and Stefan Martin is always injured.

Forwards - NRoo and Stevie J are just more of your old guys who will ruin your team when they retire. Don't worry about trying to win a flag now, it's all about the future. Your forward line has no future. Higgins is 25 and has played more games than Franklin in the past 3 years, but he is soft and injury prone. Speaking of injury prone, Maccaffer fits that and will never recover. Jeremey Cameron is a key forward in they score either good, or terribly. He's not even good enough to get in your team at the moment so what makes you think he'll get better when he has to take Riewoldts spot when Nick retires? Hack. Dustin Martin wasn't the best scoring forward in his 3rd season so he is over rated. Breust averaged 75 and that's not very good for a reserve forward/depth.

Justin Bieber

Ziplock

Quote from: meow meow on September 19, 2012, 04:23:49 PM
meow meow on meow meow

Mate, your team is old as flower. In a couple of years you will need to rebuild because your team is ancient. Having a team that is a contender to win the flag, while having some good young players is stupid. Youth is the only thing that matters.

Backs - Enright, Murphy and Lake only have 1-2 years left in them. Drummond is always injured and he's getting old too. Pedo can't get a game. Tambling is awesome but he's the only good backman you'll have in a couple of years. It's not like you have players who will get a run through the middle like Myers, or young, attacking half backs who can take a mark and who kick the ball twice as much as they handball like Hombsch and Batchelor. Jordan Lockyer didn't play in his first year so he's obviously shower.

Mids - Wow, talk about a retirement villiage. Hayes, Cross, Tuck will all retire at the end of next season. Thommo will be 30, and once you reach 30 you are useless. Jobe Watson is 27 so he's almost finished. I don't care if his father played until he was 36, 27 is OLD. Dal Santo is 28 and has never had a major injury, but he'll want to quit soon too. 26 year old Ryan Griffen is an over rated hack and will never reach true premium status. In 2 years when Tuck, Hayes, Thompson, Cross retire you will have to play a midfield of Watson, Dal Santo, Griffen, Mitch Wallis, Adam Treloar, and maybe Dustin Martin. So yeah, you're flowered when the old guys retire. You won't pick up anyone good in the next 3 drafts to replace them.

Rucks - Cox is old like the rest of your team. Minson will be old when Cox retires, and Stefan Martin is always injured.

Forwards - NRoo and Stevie J are just more of your old guys who will ruin your team when they retire. Don't worry about trying to win a flag now, it's all about the future. Your forward line has no future. Higgins is 25 and has played more games than Franklin in the past 3 years, but he is soft and injury prone. Speaking of injury prone, Maccaffer fits that and will never recover. Jeremey Cameron is a key forward in they score either good, or terribly. He's not even good enough to get in your team at the moment so what makes you think he'll get better when he has to take Riewoldts spot when Nick retires? Hack. Dustin Martin wasn't the best scoring forward in his 3rd season so he is over rated. Breust averaged 75 and that's not very good for a reserve forward/depth.

I have a feeling you're satirically hacking on my assessment of pickers team... there's a big difference between your team his- the main point being that you actually have relative youth to cover your oldies when they retire, like cameron, wallis, treloar, coney, griffen, martin, higgins, breust, martin.

Anyway, I'm not super interested in doing many more assessments on team lists until I've finished trading myself- which if I can pull off a couple soon isn't that far away :P

Ricochet

haha this is great, love a bit of banter

Ziplock

Quote from: Torpedo10 on September 19, 2012, 04:07:05 PM
Back, S Fisher, D Heppell, N Duigan, K Hardingham,N Smith( Syd), M Clarke,Niall McKeever, S Docherty(Mid), J Tynan, J Pittard, M Baguley (Mid), G Uraqhart
Mid, M Priddis, D Rich, S Clifton, J P Kennedy, K Simpson, L Anthony, J Melksham,J McCarthy, J Tutt, J Newnes, E Kavanagh, A Miles, M Grigg
Fwd, L Franklin, J Darling, B McGlynn(Mid), S Crameri,M Wright(Mid), P Karnezis,T Vickery, S Kersten, D Markworth

there you go, done :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ziplock on September 20, 2012, 04:11:44 PM

I wouldn't mind JPK or Liam Anthony or Rich in my side..

Ziplock

I saw that he still had a dead guy listed, so wiped the entire midfield, based on that :P

Torpedo10

Quote from: whatlez on September 20, 2012, 05:28:10 PM
Mid, M Priddis, D Rich, S Clifton, J P Kennedy, K Simpson, L Anthony, J Melksham, J Tutt, J Newnes, E Kavanagh, A Miles, M Grigg

Ziplock

Quote from: Torpedo10 on September 20, 2012, 05:50:37 PM
Quote from: whatlez on September 20, 2012, 05:28:10 PM
Mid, M Priddis, D Rich, S Clifton, J P Kennedy, K Simpson, L Anthony, J Melksham, J Tutt, J Newnes, E Kavanagh, A Miles, M Grigg

haha, I noticed you've now removed mccarthy...

Ziplock

Quote from: meow meow on September 19, 2012, 04:23:49 PM
meow meow on meow meow

Drummond is always injured and he's getting old too.

good call on that one.

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on September 19, 2012, 03:54:52 PM
Ziplock on Holz

Backs: Well, Gibbs is great if he can stay back (and lids if he ever gets relegated :P ), Adcock is solid if he can stay on the park, Malceski really doesn't have that much left in him, certainly not as a premium, thompsons not exactly a spring chicken and is a KPD. Cover is pretty shocking though. Mohr the only one with reasonable JS in the lot. 
Mids: Pendles, Deledio are both machines, same with Boyd (although he wont have much left as a premium in him), and Barlow. Pretty young, pretty gun- could have a 4 midfield of 110+ mids next year... Your young back ups in Swallow, O'meara show a lot of promise, Cornes will be ok for a couple of years, and I suppose Polec and Morton could be ok.
Rucks: Mumford and Goldstein- pretty gun, Clarke and seaby are soli dcover.
Forwards: all depends on form :P Cloke if he can recapture it, Walker if he can retain it, Knights if he can break into a team. All that happens and Lecras comes good as new and you should be fine. Any of them go down though, and your cover is pretty thin for various reasons (JS, Age, Scoring potential etc.)

Honestly though- Picker, take note, this is what a top 4 contending team looks like- Keeping in mind holz gets mclean at rookie pick no.1, unless he cops injuries I'd rate him for the flag. If he  gets injuries though, his cover is extremely shallow in the f/b and really needs to be addressed in the draft.

Picking up Goddard and Petrie partially solves that problem. Nat 7 and 16 are going to be used for forwards. Rookie 1 on Mclean and Rookie 8 and 15 on backs.

Team is set and ready to go.

Scrads

Ziplock

Lez's has now been done in response to his comment on tony armstrong.

Justin Bieber