Main Menu

Home final at ANZ

Started by BB67th, September 16, 2012, 12:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

Quote from: ossie85 on September 16, 2012, 06:59:18 PM
I don't know why Sydney put up with it.
there's a term i heard on the w/end called, 'pineapple thrust' ...  ;)

they put up with it cos doesn't the AFL have some contract with the stadium so any AFL finals have to be there instead of the SCG??

in fact, isn't an AFL official on the board of management for the stadium??

just waiting for BP's pic now ...   ;)

mx187

Quote from: quinny88 on September 18, 2012, 01:29:29 AM
as I think the unique dimensions of the ground give the swans a better home ground advantage than any other team in the league
Totally agree

ossie85

Quote from: j959 on September 19, 2012, 06:26:25 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 16, 2012, 06:59:18 PM
I don't know why Sydney put up with it.
there's a term i heard on the w/end called, 'pineapple thrust' ...  ;)

they put up with it cos doesn't the AFL have some contract with the stadium so any AFL finals have to be there instead of the SCG??

in fact, isn't an AFL official on the board of management for the stadium??

just waiting for BP's pic now ...   ;)

Still don't know why Sydney put up with that. It could cost you a flag one day, and that day could be tomorrow night.

Noz

Why would ANZ agree to hosting a AFL and NRL final match on both the Friday and Saturday surely it would be commen sense to have the 1 code playing on the 2 different Sydney grounds. I mean this may happen in the season but this is the final speaking on behalf of both codes here the ground should be prepared a week in advance it's unfair on Sydney, Canterberry and the Rabbitohs

Sydney deserve a home ground advantage after finishing top two and beating Adelaide at their home ground instead they get no advantage at all, It begs the question if West Coast had of beaten the Pies last week would they still play at ANZ? Was Eddie McGuire and the Collingwood board behind the move to ANZ?

ossie85

Quote from: Noz on September 20, 2012, 08:01:08 AM
Why would ANZ agree to hosting a AFL and NRL final match on both the Friday and Saturday surely it would be commen sense to have the 1 code playing on the 2 different Sydney grounds. I mean this may happen in the season but this is the final speaking on behalf of both codes here the ground should be prepared a week in advance it's unfair on Sydney, Canterberry and the Rabbitohs

Sydney deserve a home ground advantage after finishing top two and beating Adelaide at their home ground instead they get no advantage at all, It begs the question if West Coast had of beaten the Pies last week would they still play at ANZ? Was Eddie McGuire and the Collingwood board behind the move to ANZ?

And the real conspiracy comes out! No, all finals are played at ANZ stadium not just Collingwood ones, so lets end that right now!

Sydney finished 3rd, but yes I do agree that the SCG should be the home ground in finals.

Ringo

Let us just say we would not be having this argument if the SCG re development had been completed.  As I understand when the development is complete games will return to the SCG. 
Decision was based on the fcat that ANZ could cater for a bigger crowd and it will be interesting to see which code draws then bigger crowd. I suspect the AFL may be pleaseantly surprised on Sunday morning.

ossie85

Even if the AFL looses the number by say 10,000 people, the fact that AFL tickets are about twice the price of NRL sees the AFL win anyway

SydneyRox

ANZ wont make a difference, the Swans will stand up and win when it matters on Friday!

Capper

Quote from: Ringo on September 20, 2012, 09:31:08 AM
Let us just say we would not be having this argument if the SCG re development had been completed.  As I understand when the development is complete games will return to the SCG. 
Decision was based on the fcat that ANZ could cater for a bigger crowd and it will be interesting to see which code draws then bigger crowd. I suspect the AFL may be pleaseantly surprised on Sunday morning.
I know the swans/afl signed with ANZ to play the Swans finals games at ANZ but till when??? I think it was 2013 after that SCG should be fully completed

ossie85

I think it is actually until 2016 tabs, could be wrong