Main Menu

Home final at ANZ

Started by BB67th, September 16, 2012, 12:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

So now Collingwood will face Sydney for the Prelim Final and it will be at ANZ Stadium not the SCG. The Swans always play about 4 games a year there, but they have to play all of their home finals there as well because it has a couple of extra seats. Never mind the fact that Sydney finished in the top 4 so that they get to play at their home ground, because the AFL is now all about money. This is going to be an especially big factor this week seeing as the Pies play really well at ANZ and its dimensions don't compare at all to the SCG. The AFL has no idea what they are doing scheduling the matches this way and if the Swans don't make it to the Grand Final you can blame it on the decision for them to play at ANZ  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Ok rant over.

tbagrocks

A big massive flower pot delivered to your door again Demetriou, forcing the Swans to play a HOME final at a ground the Swans don't even call home? ???

Scrads

You get to play Friday night now instead of Saturday like you SHOULD have been and it is a HUGE advantage to you guys trust me.

BB67th

Quote from: Scrads on September 16, 2012, 12:30:18 AM
You get to play Friday night now instead of Saturday like you SHOULD have been and it is a HUGE advantage to you guys trust me.
What will it matter if the Swans lose to Collingwood because ANZ provides them with no home ground advantage at all? I think they would rather play at the SCG on a Saturday night.

Scrads

Quote from: BB67th on September 16, 2012, 09:51:02 AM
Quote from: Scrads on September 16, 2012, 12:30:18 AM
What will it matter if the Swans lose to Collingwood because ANZ provides them with no home ground advantage at all? I think they would rather play at the SCG on a Saturday night.

Because Collingwood are coming off a 6 day break whilst Adelaide are coming off an 8 day break. Then going into the gf, Sydney/Collingwood get an 8 day break and Hawthorn/Adelaide have a 7 day break.

mx187

Totally understand the rant BB67th

Its a bit rich like you said no real home ground advantage except for the hopefully huge Sydney crowd but I believe it wont be a huge issue as Sydney's style this year can be suited to larger grounds(Pagan's paddock style).

Also Friday night game! Good that the Pies only get a 6 day break but I think we only played like 3 or 4 Friday night in the last couple of seasons, again should'nt be a real issue.

I know we have lost like 11 in a row to the Pie's so being a pure optimist I believe we're due for a win and we really should have won the last time we meet(7 behinds in a row in the last qtr).

Really looking forward to this game both teams seem to be in good form and hopefully a rested Sydney team will get up.

Onwards to victory ;D

ossie85

I don't know why Sydney put up with it.

But I'll be there with bells on

Fireballz

Quote from: mx187 on September 16, 2012, 06:37:56 PM
I know we have lost like 11 in a row to the Pie's so being a pure optimist I believe we're due for a win and we really should have won the last time we meet(7 behinds in a row in the last qtr).
This. We'll get em! No excuses if we don't, we're a better team playing at home after a longer break.

T Dog

Quote from: Fireballz on September 16, 2012, 08:35:51 PM
This. We'll get em! No excuses if we don't, we're a better team playing at home after a longer break.
Not a better team...just another team..here comes the magpie army  ::)

ossie85

Swanny and Daisy for this one also

Fireballz

Quote from: T Dog on September 16, 2012, 09:20:29 PM
Beg to differ. 3rd on the ladder vs 4th.

Sliam

Quote from: T Dog on September 16, 2012, 09:20:29 PM

There's a reason this is being played in Sydney and not melbourne

quinny88

Oh come one, the SCG is a construction site at the moment they couldnt play it there.
Dont worry it wont be an issue after this season though as it will hold about 50,000 I believe so will be used in september which is good news for the swans as I think the unique dimensions of the ground give the swans a better home ground advantage than any other team in the league

Capper

Quote from: quinny88 on September 18, 2012, 01:29:29 AM
Oh come one, the SCG is a construction site at the moment they couldnt play it there.
Dont worry it wont be an issue after this season though as it will hold about 50,000 I believe so will be used in september which is good news for the swans as I think the unique dimensions of the ground give the swans a better home ground advantage than any other team in the league
You hit the nail on the head their Quinny, as the tickets would have sold it out in 10 mins. And i might add that it was the Swans that signed the deal with ANZ stadium to play their finals footy out there. It will be packed. Good luck to those pie fans out there as they will need it. 2012 the year of the Bloods

ossie85

Sydney will be favourites either way, but would say they'd almost be impossible to beat at the SCG. ANZ Stadium basically levels the playing field.

If you told the Pies to play a final at Etihad, Eddie would burn the place down.