Main Menu

EXV: Rule Discussion

Started by Holz, September 07, 2012, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on November 27, 2012, 11:28:25 AM
Another trade period... Why not :)

If it keeps going at this rate, it will soon be unlimted trades whenever you want.

Justin Bieber

I can't quote on phone, but does that mean mid season trade ;) lol

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on November 27, 2012, 11:47:35 AM
I can't quote on phone, but does that mean mid season trade ;) lol

no, i wil put it to vote again but even if it goes through i might make an executive decison not to.

Justin Bieber

Scrads

Quote from: Holzman on November 27, 2012, 10:50:21 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 27, 2012, 04:27:16 AM
Second trade period- before or after our rookie draft? how many player movements?

personally, I'd go before the rookie draft, as it means you can do 2 for 1 trades and can include rookie picks etc. And I'd say around 7-10 list movements... but with a 2nd trade period only lasting like a week or so, to minimise movements.

I will put a vote to it. I was going to have a trade period after the drafts with a cap of 4, this will stay.

But i will see if we want another trade period in between the drafts, this will have a small cap too of 4-5.

The plan next year is 10 before the draft 4 in the middle and 4 after.

Do both I say, I think you will find teams will struggle to make trades in the period after the rookie draft being limited to 1 for 1, 2 for 2 etc with no picks of any type as bargaining chips. If we want that trade period to last for a week we don't have to start the rookie draft on the day it is held we could postpone it to the end of the trade period. Or we could do what we did last year and enable trading whilst the draft was happening so that slowly as the draft moves on, later picks are still being shuffled/traded (Like last year when you traded with me to chose Smedts, Holz).

Also good idea for next year's system.

Also no to mid-season draft. It would make the competition unfair if teams changed how good they are midway through as for example I played team A, B, C, D, E before the trade period who were all the good teams and then in the mid-season trade period teams F, G, H, I, J improved and became good teams then I would have played a good team every week of the season. And conversely some teams might play extra bad teams.

Justin Bieber

Keen to trade some of my rookie picks ;)

The F.A.R.K.

keen to recieve some rookie picks

Ziplock

I still think 7 is the perfect number for trades in this period... it's a little less than half the cap last period, and is just enough so you can make maybe 2 major trade, but no more than that really.

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on November 29, 2012, 05:24:28 PM
I still think 7 is the perfect number for trades in this period... it's a little less than half the cap last period, and is just enough so you can make maybe 2 major trade, but no more than that really.

next year the first will be 10.

So i was goign to have it 10 5 5 unless people object.

The F.A.R.K.

BECAUSE

we have already had 15

you make it 7 this period weve had 22

then if you add 5 more in jan/feb weve had 27!!! thats a whole list

picker_man

Agree with Zip. With 5 you will struggle to get 2 major trades done when its not 1 for 1 and cant see how it matters if in total you have 25 or 27 list movements......

For next yr could be good to drop it to around 15.  Teams seem to have there plans for the future in place now after these latest trade periods and a lesser limit will stop trade addicts like me completely changing there team each year

JBs-Hawks

3 I reckon, major trades shouldn't need to be done after the previous trade period.

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 29, 2012, 05:53:57 PM
3 I reckon, major trades shouldn't need to be done after the previous trade period.

this is more my thinking, major trades should all be done. this one in the middle shoudl just be for rookie picks and maybee some trading of guys taken in the nat. Remeber rookie picks wont count.

picker_man

Quote from: Holzman on November 29, 2012, 05:55:21 PM

this is more my thinking, major trades should all be done. this one in the middle shoudl just be for rookie picks and maybee some trading of guys taken in the nat. Remeber rookie picks wont count.

whats the point ::) in 2 minutes you'll be outta trades again so hardly worth the effort..... gotta be minimum 5 or pointless even having one!!!

Holz

Quote from: picker_man on November 29, 2012, 06:04:52 PM
Quote from: Holzman on November 29, 2012, 05:55:21 PM

whats the point ::) in 2 minutes you'll be outta trades again so hardly worth the effort..... gotta be minimum 5 or pointless even having one!!!

in 2 minutes you will be out of trades :) 

it will probably be 5.