Main Menu

EXV: Rule Discussion

Started by Holz, September 07, 2012, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Oh really. Thanks for clearing that up Scrads :)

Justin Bieber

So the discussion of list changes. The initial rule was meant to be 15 list changes (Rookie/Draft picks included), but because of myself and mainly Pickers (lol :P), the rule had to be scraped. So here Pickers is at a halt.

Pickers has used up 14 list changes. So he can have one more then he can only trade the same players?

I think I have used 10-11.

Also apparently there is no trading once the NAT Draft has approached. Was everyone aware that trading in Euros closes the day before the NAT draft? I wasn't actually aware...  :-X. And if I did know/realise I probably would of not done some of the trades I made (especially the latest one)

LaHug

Does this mean if you skipped Nat pick 2 and also had Nat picks 10, 20, and 30 (for example), you'd get extra rookie picks at 3, 11, 21, and 31...?

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on September 24, 2012, 10:03:25 PM
Does this mean if you skipped Nat pick 2 and also had Nat picks 10, 20, and 30 (for example), you'd get extra rookie picks at 3, 11, 21, and 31...?

You must skip all your Nat picks if you skip pick 2 for example

LaHug

Quote from: Holzman on September 24, 2012, 10:10:38 PM

Yeah, but because that means you skipped them all, do you get replacements for all of them? Or do you just get replacements for the first one you skipped?

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on September 24, 2012, 10:15:19 PM
Quote from: Holzman on September 24, 2012, 10:10:38 PM

Yeah, but because that means you skipped them all, do you get replacements for all of them? Or do you just get replacements for the first one you skipped?

All of them

LaHug

Ok then, next question. If someone skips pick 2 in nat so gets pick 3 in rookie, does the person that originally had pick 3 move down to pick 4? And, given that, what if someone else gives up pick 3 in the nat draft, earning them pick 4 in the rookie. Do they or the original pick 3 rookie owner move down to 5?

It's problems like this that make me feel like it's not the right system.

Ziplock

Quote from: LaHug on September 24, 2012, 10:34:05 PM
Ok then, next question. If someone skips pick 2 in nat so gets pick 3 in rookie, does the person that originally had pick 3 move down to pick 4? And, given that, what if someone else gives up pick 3 in the nat draft, earning them pick 4 in the rookie. Do they or the original pick 3 rookie owner move down to 5?

Yep.

It's based on the premise that national picks > rookie picks.

Holz

The rookie pick 4 person moves down to rookie 5. If you skip a top 20 not pick , you will regret it. The rookie isn't that good.

Spinking

I really like the rule. Adds an element of strategy to the drafting which doesn't exist in any of the other comps.

LaHug

Quote from: Holzman on September 24, 2012, 10:49:27 PM

The rookie pick 4 person moves down to rookie 5. If you skip a top 20 not pick , you will regret it. The rookie isn't that good.
I was just using low numbers as examples because it's easier. So, because I have picks 62, 63, and 64 in the nat draft, I would get 3 consecutive rookie picks if I chose to skip them? Drafting is definitely my weakness... So hopeless with it.

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on September 24, 2012, 10:57:38 PM

I was just using low numbers as examples because it's easier. So, because I have picks 62, 63, and 64 in the nat draft, I would get 3 consecutive rookie picks if I chose to skip them? Drafting is definitely my weakness... So hopeless with it.

No it would go 62 rookie pick than you. Than 63 rookie pick than you etc..

LaHug

Quote from: Holzman on September 24, 2012, 11:09:12 PM
Quote from: LaHug on September 24, 2012, 10:57:38 PM

No it would go 62 rookie pick than you. Than 63 rookie pick than you etc..
Oh, ok. Got ya.

Ziplock

quick question

do we need to delist 5 players, or just have 5 list movements (including trades and delistings)?

Justin Bieber

No. Depends on retirements etc. I have 3 retiring players so that means I have to delist two. Or I can pass twice in the rookie draft.