Main Menu

EXV: Rule Discussion

Started by Holz, September 07, 2012, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

I want this to be the place for you to go to if you have any issues of the rules, questions on some of the rules or how the comp works. Or if you think any rules need changing.

The 2 ones im looking at:

1. I was going to only give 5 nat and 5 rookie picks and if you needed more than you nwould have to trade them or you will have less players. Some have said that you should keep picking in the rookie till your team is up to the 40 cap.

2. I had it so if a team scored 1179 and another 1182 than it would be called a draw and both teams would score a 118. The alternate solution is if this happens again than the team with the highest raw score wins. So i would give a bonus point to the winning team so they would win 119 to 118 in this scenario.

if you want to talk about these rules or any over ones post below

Ziplock

Yeah fair enough for 1. Not that they'll get anyone decent.

2. yes imo, the higher raw score should win.

but I really really want to push for 3- that draws on the ladder, final positions are determined by overall points scored,  not %.

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on September 07, 2012, 05:44:15 PM
Yeah fair enough for 1. Not that they'll get anyone decent.

2. yes imo, the higher raw score should win.

but I really really want to push for 3- that draws on the ladder, final positions are determined by overall points scored,  not %.

Ok will add that up for discussion. So you want it done on points first than points score right?

Ziplock

yeah, points for head to head matches, then in the eventuality we get tied ladder positions, overall points.

if hypothetically, two teams finished 8/9th, and had exactly the same points scored, use their head to head game/s to determine the winner.

If that also remains tied, then maybe look at their team performances over the bye rounds when we didnt go solo?

Ricochet

yeh with #1 can't see that being a problem with anyone
i like #2 and #3, that in a draw the highest score should win and with a draw on points the highest total points should be higher on the ladder

Ziplock

Quote from: Ricochet on September 07, 2012, 06:24:24 PM
i like #2 and #3, that in a draw the highest score should win and with a draw on points the highest total points should be higher on the ladder
I would only say the higher total points be used in finals, draws are a part of the game after all :P

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on September 07, 2012, 06:29:14 PM
I would only say the higher total points be used in finals, draws are a part of the game after all :P

that sounds like a good compromise, i like the fact we had a few draws. So a draw in the home and away but if a torp sitatuion occurs than next year that counts as a win.

Just a question with 1, you both seemed to be for it but im not sure if you mean the unlimited picks or the 10 given and you need to trade for more.

picker_man

I like both changes aswell.

#1 get extra last round picks in rookie draft till your team list hits 40 if you need them.

#2 Draws during home & away season, but during finals highest score wins or do what zip said if that is a draw and look back at points on ladder etc.

Ricochet

Quote from: Holzman on September 07, 2012, 06:33:12 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on September 07, 2012, 06:29:14 PM

that sounds like a good compromise, i like the fact we had a few draws. So a draw in the home and away but if a torp sitatuion occurs than next year that counts as a win.

Just a question with 1, you both seemed to be for it but im not sure if you mean the unlimited picks or the 10 given and you need to trade for more.
unlimited to fill your list up

Justin Bieber

So filling up your list, how would that work? Holz gets pick 71 and go in order of ladder positions?

Holz

Yeah go by ladder postion and you cant trade these picks. So the 5 rounds go and than you just keep picking in the ladder order till you hit your cap. Obviously people will have hit it before than so they just get their turn skipped.

Justin Bieber

Ok that's good no skipping. What did you edit??

Ziplock

I have a question, if lets say I pass on my national pick 33, do I get pick 33, or pick 34 in the rookie?

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on September 07, 2012, 07:26:42 PM
Ok that's good no skipping. What did you edit??

I went to quote but hit modify.

What i mean by skipping is when it comes to round 6 i will have the first pick but im not using it becasue i have hit the 40 cap, my pick is skipped and so on.

Ziplock

Quote from: Ziplock on September 07, 2012, 07:36:45 PM
I have a question, if lets say I pass on my national pick 33, do I get pick 33, or pick 34 in the rookie?

^ question.