Quote from: Holzman on July 09, 2014, 02:49:48 PM
Thinking of letting the weaker teams have bigger list sizes

Thoughts?

:p

elephants

Haha, where have I seen this before :p

Reckon I'd be for it.

Ziplock

Wouldn't that just give them a slightly higher chance of hitting an ok player in the rookie draft? It might mitigate the forcing of OOP etc., but honestly wouldn't make that much of a difference to a season or long term.

If I had to pick a strategy for continually struggling teams like the dinos, I'd say use a combination of priority pick and priority picks that are only tradable (so picks similar to the mini-draft picks gws had... for instance, dinos get two picks at the end of the first round that they can't use to draft players, and can only use to trade for other players... maybe with stipulations they can't be used to trade mainly for other picks (which unfortunately would be up to the discretion of the league admins as to the definition of mainly)).

Imo trade-locked draft picks are the best way to quickly advance a team that's languishing on the bottom of the table.

Holz

They will be getting priority picks with the dinos getting 1 and 3 and rookie 1. Will look into the locked draft picks though. Think the cap size will help if they use it correctly. Not sure how much but every bit helps.

Really the only way to rise up is good management though so will be working on that side of it too.

Scrads

Ziplock

Quote from: Holzman on July 09, 2014, 04:12:49 PM
They will be getting priority picks with the dinos getting 1 and 3 and rookie 1. Will look into the locked draft picks though. Think the cap size will help if they use it correctly. Not sure how much but every bit helps.

Really the only way to rise up is good management though so will be working on that side of it too.

wouldn't the dinos already have been getting nat 1 and R1 though?

yeah, the increased list size should help to a degree, for immediate effect though I think the trade locked picks will have more of an impact though.

Quote from: Scrads on July 09, 2014, 05:05:08 PM
Merger + expansion team?

who merges though?

Nige

As the (co-)coach of the Dinos, I think you know I'd be in favour of this.

Vinny

Quote from: NigeyS on July 09, 2014, 07:19:59 PM
As the coach of the Dinos, I think you know I'd be in favour of this.

Justin Bieber

Agree with Zippy, quick way to help them out is give them draft picks they are only allowed to trade, otherwise they are lost if untraded (more reason to trade). Also would likely need the help of some of the bigger teams willing to let go of some players in order to make the comp a bit more even (Dinos struggle the worst with Norway sometimes finding it hard to field a team). Otherwise quite a lot of the teams are even in here...