EXV: Rule Discussion

Started by Holz, September 07, 2012, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: luvfooty on April 09, 2014, 12:03:59 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on April 09, 2014, 12:01:33 PM
Thats just unlucky. We can't change the rules for teams with low depth

Did I ask for a rule change at all?
No I asked Holz a question he asnswered it and i stated that it is possible that we might not be able to field a team this week despite Holz saying teams should be able to.

So mind your own business and check posts before replying
lol seriously? flowering settle down

Justin Bieber

Calm down you two, no need to go at it.

Just a bad run of injuries Luv, hopefully get a few back soon! We have like 8 backs playing even without Rance/Dempsey. Iceland is known for our depth :P. Would help you guys out if we could :-\.

Ziplock

Yeah,  Svalbard has like 8 defenders playing this week.

We're actually running short on mids though :P With Christensen injured, Ziebell injured, Adams suspended, Stevens, Smith injured, Trengove, Hoskin-elliott, Jacobs  in and out of teams.

And forwards, with Goodes, Dawes, Grant, Gumbleton all injured.

I mean, a lot of those players are depth, but it's a pain when you don't have any depth to fall back on :P

Holz

Quote from: luvfooty on April 09, 2014, 11:52:02 AM
Quote from: Holzman on April 08, 2014, 10:15:48 PM
Quote from: luvfooty on April 08, 2014, 10:07:49 PM
What happens if you are unable to field a team even with OOP players filling spots?

than you get zero points from those positions. Sounds harsh but really you should be able to have at least 15 players playing each week given how big our lists are. and we have rookie lists so any long injuries can bring rookies on. The rookie drafts have been strong and there were plenty of 55-60 average players.

396 players play each week. and only 14 Euro clubs so on average we should have euro teams having 28 aviliable, so 15 shouldnt be too much of a stretch.

Well we have 7 players out injured plus Clark retired 2 suspended so there`s 10 players right there.
We have 7 forwards available if they all play
Only 3 of our backs actually played last week the rest are injured,coming back from injuries or were dropped.
We may have 6 mids available if they all play
McEvoy should be back for rucks
So yeah we may be lucky if we can field a full team this round

if they play you should be able to field a team with 1 OOP player. The Eagles in the first season had that issue all the time, I had no forwards as they were all injured or dropped so was playing defenders in the forward line.

I assume when you say not fielding a full team your talking about not having 3 emergency. Could be a tough few weeks but should bounce back soon. I remember once i  could only name a team of 15 and had no emergency.

LF

Quote from: Holzman on April 09, 2014, 06:27:35 PM
Quote from: luvfooty on April 09, 2014, 11:52:02 AM
Quote from: Holzman on April 08, 2014, 10:15:48 PM
Quote from: luvfooty on April 08, 2014, 10:07:49 PM
What happens if you are unable to field a team even with OOP players filling spots?

than you get zero points from those positions. Sounds harsh but really you should be able to have at least 15 players playing each week given how big our lists are. and we have rookie lists so any long injuries can bring rookies on. The rookie drafts have been strong and there were plenty of 55-60 average players.

396 players play each week. and only 14 Euro clubs so on average we should have euro teams having 28 aviliable, so 15 shouldnt be too much of a stretch.

Well we have 7 players out injured plus Clark retired 2 suspended so there`s 10 players right there.
We have 7 forwards available if they all play
Only 3 of our backs actually played last week the rest are injured,coming back from injuries or were dropped.
We may have 6 mids available if they all play
McEvoy should be back for rucks
So yeah we may be lucky if we can field a full team this round

if they play you should be able to field a team with 1 OOP player. The Eagles in the first season had that issue all the time, I had no forwards as they were all injured or dropped so was playing defenders in the forward line.

I assume when you say not fielding a full team your talking about not having 3 emergency. Could be a tough few weeks but should bounce back soon. I remember once i  could only name a team of 15 and had no emergency.

Yeah I can field a team based on last weeks players need to rely on them all getting named again tho and I`m praying that Clancee gets named for Freo this week and by some chance a couple of dropped players get back into their teams
And yeah will probably have no emergencies
Got to hope its all happening now and that it gets better as the season goes along very frustrating as all my teams are copping a lot of injuries atm.

ossie85

What are you guys doing about af adding positions to players this week?

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on May 06, 2014, 02:58:32 PM

Was about to post about this, my plan was no changes. It's only AF that is doing it I think, I'm running the comp to follow real dt.

Scrads

Quote from: Holzman on May 06, 2014, 03:01:14 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on May 06, 2014, 02:58:32 PM

Was about to post about this, my plan was no changes. It's only AF that is doing it I think, I'm running the comp to follow real dt.

Would be way unfair to have players change positions mid-season so I agree they should stay the same.

Vinny

Said it in the  WXV thread on the topic, I'm against it. Any major rule change mid-season is a bad idea IMO.

Ziplock

Ummmm what? As in they're giving players DPP, or taking them away?

Vinny

Quote from: Ziplock on May 06, 2014, 05:19:35 PM
Yeah they are giving 18 players DPP. No player will lose/exchange their current position, just possibly gain one. They are announcing it on Thursday.

AF is a flowering joke. Worst competition.

Holz

Quote from: Vinny on May 06, 2014, 05:23:43 PM
Yeah they are giving 18 players DPP. No player will lose/exchange their current position, just possibly gain one. They are announcing it on Thursday.

wouldnt be suprised to see them give swan, ablett etc... F/M in a desperate attempt to  keep people interested.

Vinny

Quote from: Holzman on May 06, 2014, 05:39:34 PM

wouldnt be suprised to see them give swan, ablett etc... F/M in a desperate attempt to  keep people interested.
Haha yeah probably. Glad I just played SC and RDT this year.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Vinny on May 06, 2014, 05:53:32 PM
Quote from: Holzman on May 06, 2014, 05:39:34 PM

Haha yeah probably. Glad I just played SC and RDT this year.
Same Vinny, DT/SC only ones for me as well as don't want too may teams to run.

Vinny

Haha yeah too much to worry about as it is with two teams hey.

And it sucks cause I focus and put work into SC, RDT was gut decisions straight away and now I am killing it in that and doing flower all in SC. :(