Main Menu

EXV: Rule Discussion

Started by Holz, September 07, 2012, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ziplock on November 28, 2013, 08:41:57 PM
hahaha

you're picking up players in the nat then delisting them?

harsh. :P

If they don't work hard enough in Arizona with Campbell Brown then there out the door

elephants

Anyone know what the go with rookie lists is in Euros? Its not 35 seniors and 5 rookies is it?

Ziplock

yep. 35 seniors and 5 rookies.

Justin Bieber

Figured as much! Wanted to make sure. And we get to select our rookies after we get a list of 40 right? Different to the other XV's if I remember correctly.

elephants

Yeah sicko, cheers Zip. And yep, fairly sure that how it works HP :D

Holz

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 28, 2013, 09:10:16 PM
Figured as much! Wanted to make sure. And we get to select our rookies after we get a list of 40 right? Different to the other XV's if I remember correctly.

Correct you pick a new bunch of rookies each year.

So if you have 38 guys before rookie and delist 1, you have 3 rookie picks. Than after that you pick 5 guys, regardless of when you drafted them for your rookie list.

If you have 45 guys on your list before rookie than you need to delist 5, you need to delist 6 or more to get picks

Yes you can delist Nat guys, but that's stupid just skip Nat picks, as if you skip Nat 30 you get a rookie pick after 30 so basically 31. If you delist a guy you will get a later rookie pick like 60+

LF

I have a couple of questions
What needs to happen for us to be able to upgrade a rookie?
And where do we post it?
We can`t field a full backline this week and one of our rookies is a back so we need to see if we can upgrade him or not.

Holz

Quote from: luvfooty on April 03, 2014, 07:13:56 PM
I have a couple of questions
What needs to happen for us to be able to upgrade a rookie?
And where do we post it?
We can`t field a full backline this week and one of our rookies is a back so we need to see if we can upgrade him or not.

you need to have a LTI as listed by the AFL.

LF

What happens if you are unable to field a team even with OOP players filling spots?

Holz

Quote from: luvfooty on April 08, 2014, 10:07:49 PM
What happens if you are unable to field a team even with OOP players filling spots?

than you get zero points from those positions. Sounds harsh but really you should be able to have at least 15 players playing each week given how big our lists are. and we have rookie lists so any long injuries can bring rookies on. The rookie drafts have been strong and there were plenty of 55-60 average players.

396 players play each week. and only 14 Euro clubs so on average we should have euro teams having 28 aviliable, so 15 shouldnt be too much of a stretch.

LF

Quote from: Holzman on April 08, 2014, 10:15:48 PM

than you get zero points from those positions. Sounds harsh but really you should be able to have at least 15 players playing each week given how big our lists are. and we have rookie lists so any long injuries can bring rookies on. The rookie drafts have been strong and there were plenty of 55-60 average players.

396 players play each week. and only 14 Euro clubs so on average we should have euro teams having 28 aviliable, so 15 shouldnt be too much of a stretch.

Well we have 7 players out injured plus Clark retired 2 suspended so there`s 10 players right there.
We have 7 forwards available if they all play
Only 3 of our backs actually played last week the rest are injured,coming back from injuries or were dropped.
We may have 6 mids available if they all play
McEvoy should be back for rucks
So yeah we may be lucky if we can field a full team this round

Ricochet

Thats just unlucky. We can't change the rules for teams with low depth

LF

Quote from: Ricochet on April 09, 2014, 12:01:33 PM
Thats just unlucky. We can't change the rules for teams with low depth

Did I ask for a rule change at all?
No I asked Holz a question he asnswered it and i stated that it is possible that we might not be able to field a team this week despite Holz saying teams should be able to.

So mind your own business and check posts before replying

LaHug

Quote from: luvfooty on April 09, 2014, 11:52:02 AM
Quote from: Holzman on April 08, 2014, 10:15:48 PM

Well we have 7 players out injured plus Clark retired 2 suspended so there`s 10 players right there.
We have 7 forwards available if they all play
Only 3 of our backs actually played last week the rest are injured,coming back from injuries or were dropped.
We may have 6 mids available if they all play
McEvoy should be back for rucks
So yeah we may be lucky if we can field a full team this round

With Clark retired, you should be able to bring one rookie up from the rookie list (I believe... Holz can correct me if I'm wrong).
Sucks though :( feel bad for you!

LF

I upgraded Ashby last week Huggy for Clark as we needed a defender that was playing

Thankyou hopefully this is it for the year now and it gets better as we go along