Main Menu

EXV: Rule Discussion

Started by Holz, September 07, 2012, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Is there any rule you are still deliberating about in particular Holz, that is delaying the announcement of the official rules and guidelines for trading?

Ziplock

I think he just wants to make everything as even as possible.

Scrads

Just a suggestion, to add something new (but small) to the comp why don't we introduce a similar concept as the delisted free agency in the AFL and make it that any delisted player from a team can be signed to a new team without the need to go through the draft (probably with first in best dressed)? If the players are getting delisted in the first place it will mean it is pretty low key and won't have big impacts tbh. Just something for fun/to add to the comp/make it even more similar to AFL.

elephants

Quote from: Scrads on November 06, 2013, 01:02:13 AM
Just a suggestion, to add something new (but small) to the comp why don't we introduce a similar concept as the delisted free agency in the AFL and make it that any delisted player from a team can be signed to a new team without the need to go through the draft (probably with first in best dressed)? If the players are getting delisted in the first place it will mean it is pretty low key and won't have big impacts tbh. Just something for fun/to add to the comp/make it even more similar to AFL.

Yeah I like this a lot, will be tough for some people though who go away or switch off FF during summer or have a life but I do like it in theory!

Scrads

Quote from: elephants on November 06, 2013, 01:24:06 AM

Yeah I like this a lot, will be tough for some people though who go away or switch off FF during summer or have a life but I do like it in theory!

Could also make it you have 3 days after the person gets delisted to nominate your interest and the person lowest in ladder position who expresses interest gets him. Would be slightly more complicated though.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Scrads on November 06, 2013, 01:46:40 AM
Could also make it you have 3 days after the person gets delisted to nominate your interest and the person lowest in ladder position who expresses interest gets him. Would be slightly more complicated though.
Could help bridge the gap between bottom teams and the top teams that way. Although makes things a little trickier if we do that.

Scrads

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 06, 2013, 02:10:31 AM
Quote from: Scrads on November 06, 2013, 01:46:40 AM
Could help bridge the gap between bottom teams and the top teams that way. Although makes things a little trickier if we do that.

Not sure the bottom sides should be relying on capitalising on someone else's delistings to gain ground on the rest of the comp :P

Ricochet

Ziplock

Quote from: Ricochet on November 07, 2013, 04:51:32 PM
Could do a waiver system?

starting from the bottom of the ladder?

yeah, fair enough.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on November 07, 2013, 04:56:03 PM

yeah, fair enough.
Yeh like the draft version of fantasy games.

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on November 07, 2013, 05:36:17 PM

yeah, fair enough.

Seems abit complex I personally like it in the rookie so the rookie draft actually has some valuable pick ups.

elephants

Quote from: Ricochet on November 07, 2013, 05:36:17 PM

yeah, fair enough.

Speaking of which, who won our DT Elite league??

Ziplock

yeah, Im not participating in that next year... I like looked at my team twice :P

Spinking

Quote from: elephants on November 07, 2013, 06:19:32 PM
Speaking of which, who won our DT Elite league??

That would be me. Rolled your good self in the GF from memory.

Like Holz I prefer the delisted players to go into the Rookie Draft making it deeper, but if a free agency system was implemented Id prefer it was run with father / son type restrictions - goes to the first player to pick them up, unless someone wants to bid higher for them...

Holz

On that note if the comp runs long enough than we will have father son picks.

Time to bring in Judd so I can get Oscar.