Main Menu

EXV: Rule Discussion

Started by Holz, September 07, 2012, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on June 11, 2013, 05:59:47 PM
Does a name like Tom Mitchell get anymore English? :P

Hahaha yeah fair enough :P

Beams on the other hand... I googled "Dayne Beams Heritage" and got this haha!

https://www.facebook.com/footycouch/posts/380561078674842

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Holzman on July 30, 2013, 09:00:18 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 30, 2013, 08:55:00 PM
Should be same trading rules as last season, you got to rebuild your bottom placed team. Why cant we? :P

to be fair basically the teams that traded the most are down the bottom of the ladder. 10 trades should be ample to move up their ladder if you use them wisely.

also you have the nat picks and rookie picks to use. I actually did most of my damage in my nat picks and rookie picks.

Shuey + Picks got me Barlow + Douglas + Petrie + Sandi + Dixon thats only 1 trade.

How was that one trade? I had none of those players...

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on July 31, 2013, 08:09:05 AM
Quote from: Holzman on July 30, 2013, 09:00:18 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 30, 2013, 08:55:00 PM
Should be same trading rules as last season, you got to rebuild your bottom placed team. Why cant we? :P

to be fair basically the teams that traded the most are down the bottom of the ladder. 10 trades should be ample to move up their ladder if you use them wisely.

also you have the nat picks and rookie picks to use. I actually did most of my damage in my nat picks and rookie picks.

Shuey + Picks got me Barlow + Douglas + Petrie + Sandi + Dixon thats only 1 trade.

How was that one trade? I had none of those players...

should be Shuey + Picks got me Barlow + Douglas + Goldy + Harper + Petrie + Dixon

basically trading picks + shuey or using the picks I was able to add those guys to my squad

Scrads

Just wondering if this:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-15/new-date-for-rookie-draft

Is going to make any impact on the plans for our off-season? Last year we waited a few days after the rookie draft for all the adjusted DPP players to be announced before starting our rookie draft (so they weren't announced halfway through the draft).

There is a chance that we could start and finish our Rookie draft before the DPP are all announced. Having said that, since it will now be done earlier, perhaps VS will announce all the positions earlier? Then I would gather we would wait again. The other issue is timing of trade periods. Last year as best as I can recall it went something like this:

-Grand Final 2012
-Trade Period #1
-Nat Draft
-Trade Period #2
-Rookie Draft
-Trade Period #3 (DPP)
-Pre-season 2013

Now since the AFL Nat and Rookie drafts are only 6 days apart, it leaves us with only a tiny window for trade period #2 assuming we will still have one. An alternate option is just having 2 trade periods, one before the drafts and one after both drafts.

Another thing we could do is just run our Rookie draft a few weeks after it happens in the AFL, so that it pretty much lines up how it did last year anyway.

Just a few things for you to think about Holz :) Other people might also like to put their 2 cents in.

Holz

just push the rookie draft back.

Scrads

Hey Holz, how far away are we from official rules and dates for the trade periods? :)

elephants

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on August 25, 2013, 11:45:44 PM
Hey Holz, how far away are we from official rules and dates for the trade periods? :)

The first trade period is starting 12.01 next Monday.

Just finishing up the cap discussions with spinking.

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on August 26, 2013, 12:36:09 AM

Love this, many trades will be confirmed at this time across the XV's :P

LaHug

Quote from: elephants on August 26, 2013, 01:10:24 AM

That is so ridiculously soon after the GF. I won't be thinking about trades... Sigh.

elephants

Quote from: LaHug on August 26, 2013, 01:40:27 AM

That is so ridiculously soon after the GF. I won't be thinking about trades... Sigh.

Mad Monday for the boys? :P

Nige

Not sure whether this is the place to post it, but I'd be happy/keen to join an EXV team this off-season and moving forward.  :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: elephants on August 27, 2013, 02:57:45 PM

My boys getting Mad September, they deserve a break as do I :D.

And awesome Nigey :D. I don't mind you down at Iceland as Daz is usually just focused on PNL in World's. We have fire breathing Polar Bears ;).

Holz

Quote from: elephants on August 27, 2013, 02:57:45 PM

my eagles, have already started preseason. Absolutely filty with their finals peformances and have told them they better show me something in this off season or they are gone.

we are testing out goddard and gibbs in the mids, and have deicded to move walker down back. Forward spots are open and if nobody steps up i will trade someone in.

Nige

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 02, 2013, 11:26:56 AM
And awesome Nigey :D. I don't mind you down at Iceland as Daz is usually just focused on PNL in World's. We have fire breathing Polar Bears ;).

Sounds good to me, I'm in! First in, best dressed - smart thinking Bunny.