Main Menu

EXV: Rule Discussion

Started by Holz, September 07, 2012, 05:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: whatlez on October 04, 2012, 05:51:24 PM
No. Depends on retirements etc. I have 3 retiring players so that means I have to delist two. Or I can pass twice in the rookie draft.

wait, so the following

retirements + delistings = 5
or
retirements + delistings + skipped rookie picks= 5
?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ziplock on October 04, 2012, 06:20:20 PM
Quote from: whatlez on October 04, 2012, 05:51:24 PM
No. Depends on retirements etc. I have 3 retiring players so that means I have to delist two. Or I can pass twice in the rookie draft.

wait, so the following

retirements + delistings = 5
or
retirements + delistings + skipped rookie picks= 5
?

This year your list gains by 5. Although you get 10 list increases. (5 auto from Nat and Rookie).

So therefore, if you do not trade or have no retiring players then you will have to delist 5 players. I am not 100% aware on when these delisting will be by, but I assume before the Rookie Draft. Because you can delist 5 players and then pick them back up through the rookie draft if you really want to.

Holz

its pretty simple. You can only have 40 on your list.

So you cant have more than 40 on your list by the time the rookie draft starts. If you have 39 you can only take 1 rookie pick and will have to skip your rest. If you only have 32 you will have 8 rookie picks.

All delistings have to be done before the rookie starts ( so people can take them) you can wait till after the nat though.

There will be a few days gap between the nat and the rookie draft for this. Or you can start delisting now. I will make a thread about it.

Ziplock

Scrads

Quote from: Holzman on October 04, 2012, 06:41:02 PM
its pretty simple. You can only have 40 on your list.

So you cant have more than 40 on your list by the time the rookie draft starts. If you have 39 you can only take 1 rookie pick and will have to skip your rest. If you only have 32 you will have 8 rookie picks.

All delistings have to be done before the rookie starts ( so people can take them) you can wait till after the nat though.

There will be a few days gap between the nat and the rookie draft for this. Or you can start delisting now. I will make a thread about it.

Shouldn't our rookie draft come after the real life PSD/rookie draft ?

Ziplock

it does, we have to delist our players before that though.

Scrads

Quote from: Ziplock on October 04, 2012, 07:26:47 PM

Yeah but surely if we only have 'a few days' gap between the Nat draft and our Rookie draft, the Rookie draft won't have happened in real life yet and thus, we won't have any set rookies to pick...

CrowsFan

Maybe the nat draft is starting after the rookie draft. That's what's happening in worlds...

Ziplock

Quote from: Scrads on October 05, 2012, 01:03:40 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on October 04, 2012, 07:26:47 PM

Yeah but surely if we only have 'a few days' gap between the Nat draft and our Rookie draft, the Rookie draft won't have happened in real life yet and thus, we won't have any set rookies to pick...

holz mightn't know the specific dates for the drafts... there's only 20 days between the rookie and nat draft anyway.

yeah cf, but worlds is slightly differently structured to euros- with the amount of players left over in euros, the rookie draft is happening after the national so that all holes etc. are filled :)

CrowsFan

No no zip you misunderstood. I meant perhaps you are starting your national draft once the afl rookie draft has been completed so that you know where everyone has been drafted to and if you need to delist players or not. In worlds the WXV national draft is happening before the WXV rookie draft, but after the AFL rookie draft ;)

Justin Bieber

But then when you are recruiting nat picks, you will know positions, dpp etc...

Scrads

Quote from: whatlez on October 05, 2012, 02:00:43 AM
But then when you are recruiting nat picks, you will know positions, dpp etc...

True, we should wait until these are released (Decmeber 1 from memory) before we start drafting I reckon...

Ziplock

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 05, 2012, 01:56:25 AM
No no zip you misunderstood. I meant perhaps you are starting your national draft once the afl rookie draft has been completed so that you know where everyone has been drafted to and if you need to delist players or not. In worlds the WXV national draft is happening before the WXV rookie draft, but after the AFL rookie draft ;)

haha, kk that makes more sense.

nah, I say draft before positions are released... more fun :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ziplock on October 05, 2012, 02:09:18 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on October 05, 2012, 01:56:25 AM

haha, kk that makes more sense.

nah, I say draft before positions are released... more fun :P

This!

Holz

I didnt know there was a big gap between the nat and the rookie. I intend on picking before positions are released. Thats alot of the fun of drafting.

I think i will just copy ossie's work with

18th December: Final Draft Order announced.

19th December: WXV National Draft**

Conclusion of Draft: 2nd List Lodgements, including a list of any more retirements/delistings

Once 2nd list lodgements have been given. we have the WXV Preseason/Rookie Draft***

Both drafts need to be finished by 1st February.

Approx 1st February - Final positions named.

8th - 21st February: 2nd Trade Period##

22nd February: Final Lists Announced.