AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

Hey jroo8 - I agree with your 1 - 7 and with your 10 - 16 exactly.

However you need to swap 8 and 9!

Suffer in your jocks Jayman - PS does J stand for jocks?  :P

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on February 18, 2013, 11:29:10 PM
Think you seriously underrate alot of our player Jroo, just sayin' ;) :(
Maybe a little, but I was thinking it was you or Noz for fourth.
Pretty even XVs, but I think Noz wins just, due to his depth.
Quote from: tor01doc on February 18, 2013, 11:30:15 PM
Hey jroo8 - I agree with your 1 - 7 and with your 10 - 16 exactly.

However you need to swap 8 and 9!

Suffer in your jocks Jayman - PS does J stand for jocks?  :P
LOL  ;D

Adamant

Nice work JRoo.

Looks pretty good, but I would have Toga/pickers over BB.

tor01doc

JRoo - I think you have the most improved list.

Adamant looks like Hawthorn.

tbagrocks

Ok here's my first guess, still analizing teams though, odds aren't ready yet, still just a rough estimate

Dongs
Folders
Bears
Lambs
Strikers
Tigers
Eskimos
Dolphins
Ales
Gazelles
Head Hunters
Vipers
Elephants
Crocodiles
Llamas
Crabs

nostradamus

Quote from: JROO8 on February 18, 2013, 10:48:14 PM
My predictions
1st Adamant
2nd Nails
3rd BB67th
4th Noz
5th Toga/Picker
6th JBs Hawks
7th JROO8
8th Jayman
9th Tor01Doc
10th Whatlez
11th Colliwobblers
12th Maca24/Sid
13th KoopKicka
14th Monstrum
15th Nostradamus
16th Tbagrocks

the mighty Crabs might finish as high as you predict  :P  but if Nic Nat has extended problems we could finish slightly lower

Nails

I rate tbag's predictions.

People are too used to DT/SC and just look at the mids, but you have to consider the forwards more here as well imo.

That and the fact we have depth. Think about it in your normal DT of 22 players you'll cop like 10 injuries. So in a 15 player comp there'll be around 7 injuries. Considering the standard injury is around 2-3 weeks that's around 18 weeks of a missing player from your best XV just through injury, not including rests, droppings etc.

And I therefore feel we have superior depth which should carry us past the Bangladesh Borings.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 19, 2013, 12:01:42 AM
Ok here's my first guess, still analizing teams though, odds aren't ready yet, still just a rough estimate

Dongs
Folders
Bears
Lambs
Strikers
Tigers
Eskimos
Dolphins
Ales
Gazelles
Head Hunters
Vipers
Elephants
Crocodiles
Llamas
Crabs

12th you have ME 12th,

AXVS now hiring - head coach wanted.....

but really thats not bad i think the elephants may do better and definitely think the dolphins will surprise many think you have the vipers about right, lots of break out candidates however its hard to predict breakouts :) maybe next year for the vipers , more likely 2015.

@ Nails LOL thats great. makes sense but that's going to get you the MINOR premiership, the BEST 15 on GF day will get you the FLAG.

we will see who's best 15 "left" by then gets the job done, nice bit of top 3? 4 ? rivalry going on already....

KoopKicka

I reckon we will finish in the 9-13 bracket, reckon swap 12 and 13 around jroo and it looks perfect.

The one thing we have over the comp is  our C VC combo potenially scoring over 500 combined every game. Its gonna be an interesting season no doubt.

Justin Bieber

Tbag hates the Elehants... I have heaps of goal kicking forwards on the bench. If Hansen/Gumby/Tarrant/Patton etc get up then I will go good :) lol

@kk, I think you will rank bottom 4.

tbagrocks

Can't believe sou got in Schultz, not like you needed a forward at the Dongs ::) Nice trading though but seriously there's a bunch of contenders

CW so sorry to have you so low :(  haven't actually disected the bottom 8 yet, still a work in progress, trading yout two best players won't help ::)  But Thommo will be 31 soon but........ (imo is about to have his best season, Sando's training got to the players last year, he shouldn't be tagged with Sloane and Danger also Wright ;)  becoming the dzanger men)

Thommo is set for his most prolific fantasy season

These predictions are still a rough guess, am having to search through to get the best 15-18 for all teams, you can help by sending me your team :D  ;)   Or at least update your team thread with the best 15 + emergencies

Justin Bieber

Tbag you should drop the Eskimoss down (ranked 14th for that system) and put me and colli up lol. Above mons

KoopKicka

Quote from: whatlez on February 19, 2013, 12:47:48 AM
Tbag hates the Elehants... I have heaps of goal kicking forwards on the bench. If Hansen/Gumby/Tarrant/Patton etc get up then I will go good :) lol

Whats the bet?

No offence but I rate Bangkok, KL, Tibet, PNG and possibly Vietnam below us.

tbagrocks

Quote from: whatlez on February 19, 2013, 12:47:48 AM

How is Crameri or Fasolo a gun forward ???  sorry man but your team is only marginally better than mine due to age

Your midfield won't beat mine and the backs are average, at least the Llamas have highly promising fantasy backmen

Nails

Jay Schulz is a nice reserves player to be honest tbag. That's why we wanted him :o

IDK, will either play him in the reserves or J. Brown in the reserve.

Or one of them might be emergency. I'd have to look in the rules regarding emergency cover as I could use Hale who covers 2 lines R/F or Schulz F only... But then what if Roughead is a late withdrawal? And I have Schulz? He only gets half his score? IDK I've got to read the rules regarding that again.

But yeah, got Schulz mainly to be a nice 115-120 depth player.