AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

Scotland may get off scot free!

The Age website suggesting he may serve 3 games in NAB cup.

Lucky for some hey Dongs?

Adamant

The Bears v Dongs rivalry looks set to be a cracker.

Bears (Adamant)        Dongs (Nails)

B.Waters                       J.Grimes
P.Duffield                      H.Scotland
J.Adcock                       J.Gram
B.Reilly                         L.McPharlin

J.Selwood                     R.Griffen
S.Mitchell                      L.Montagna
D.Mundy                       L.Anthony
S.Tuck                          J.Kelly

B.McEvoy                      D. Hale

D.Zaharakis                   L.Franklin
D.Martin                        M.Pavlich
D.Stanley                      J.Roughead
N.Riewoldt                     J.Brown

L.Hodge                        K.Cornes
D.Cross                         L.Hayes

Colliwobblers

well well well, the odds on that game wouldnt make you rich, pretty darned even,

monstrum

Theyre pretty impressive sides!

Lots of possible injury concerns though I reckon

Colliwobblers

Quote from: monstrum on October 12, 2012, 07:47:00 PM
Theyre pretty impressive sides!

Lots of possible injury concerns though I reckon

+1 good healthy banter that, injury is likely in any team that uses walkers and wheelchairs as training aids  ;D

a couple of our oldest lists there, but then rooks and young pups are no less prone to soft tissue injuries so maybe those with young sides shouldn't speak to soon either :)

monstrum

Well i shouldnt jynx mystlf either ;)

tbagrocks

Ra Ra here come the llamas strong as you can be

Ra Ra here come the llamas look out for that tree!

Justin Bieber

God Ada might have a bit of a advantage. Both teams are close to favourites...

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on October 12, 2012, 08:41:25 PM
God Ada might have a bit of a advantage. Both teams are close to favourites...

And everyone ESPECIALLY Nails was so sure his team had a nunfair advantage, I even thought I saw the horrible drastic knee-jerk term "ponts cap" being thrown around.

We still have 2 drafts to go and another trade window, I am certain we will ahve top and bottom sides in the first season, which is natural, but I am also certain we will have a very interesting and competative season for our first year.

SO MANY players will break out next season and so many of those GWS boys will kick on next season and then there are the draftees we are about to get our hands on....

well mostly TBag is about to get his hands on :)   Tbag may not make the top 8 first year in but i am willing to bet his team moves up the ladder every year after it and i am quiatly confident it may be moving up higher and faster than most people expect.

No point getting odds and rating teams yet, what I will do is release a thorough rating system, based on 2012 player averages, 2013 champion data player ratings, and based on draft position of newest players.

should be able to get a fairly detailed and accurate rating of everyones list and from there a start point for establishing odds and dreaded betting if anyone is keen to run that.

my list i think is a little above middle of the pack, but I also think i have a higher than average number of potential breakout candidates, so it is very hard to know how teams will stack up next season.

howard and blokes like him could turn premium or put in another 40-60 average season, so much can and will change when the sherrin is first bounced in anger next year.

Justin Bieber

Well my teams will be a powerhouse between 2014-2028 so tbag could hit scraps there.

tbagrocks

Ra Ra here come the Llamas sneeking up on you!

Dangerfield, Wallis and Trengove will very quickly form a super Llama midfield!

Did I mention Wingerd and ----- ------- that's JT for those who cannot spell  ;D

But will be interesting as who goes where, with the National draft and Asians being different who will be wanted? ???

Justin Bieber

Johny Butcher!! haha

I have 4 of the last 5 number one picks!!

Jroo

Quote from: whatlez on October 12, 2012, 02:48:17 PM
Torc = baby smoker haha or tor1doc or something.

Ok I am not sure what happened, but I think all of these coaches are committed they just want more teams to manage. Like KK for example. Jroo is also applying, but he just joined this comp, so going to the top comp is probably not fair for others who have been around for like a few months to a year. I for one think a more experienced Coach should get Ossie's team. Not someone who is new. The World's is meant to be the 'premier' comp, and you cannot just join the premier comp without building your way up.
Like in the soccer.
Yer I kind of agree with you here. I won't be disappointed at all if I miss out on the job as people have been waiting longer than me and have more experience ect.

tor01doc

Yep. Agree.

Must say I was a bit surprised to find out that the World's is the 'top' or 'premier' comp.

Good luck to whoever gets it.

If it is an 'Asian' coach, I'll be barracking for them.

Maca24

Worlds is my territory of familiarity :P

This Asians stuff is a challenge for me with the scoring system. :)