AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Also Monstrum who's in your defence?

Ibbo, Bugg then who?? Garland maybe? Goldsack and then who? So you have 4 backs and 2 might not be even list as a defender next year. That is the main reason why you were graded so harshly.

monstrum

garland 22 games: proabably def/fwd nest yr
Bugg 18 games (for GWS) should play all games next yr
Goldsack 21 games: hopefully def/fwd (23 goals avg 1.2 goals a game) <--- 12pts in this comp..
Ibbotson 22 games.

not many games to worry about bench cover... if i had this defence this year i wouldn't have much to worry about pretty durable players..

atm i have gillies on the bench who should see more time next year, also Robbie Tarrant and Khunt are listed as defenders (probly not next yr but maybe)

and the draft isn't over so hopefully pick up some more depth in futre picks

Justin Bieber

Both have 0 chance of being DPP. Bugg might be mid only. Goldsack should only be forward, but they might give him Fwd/Def, but a medicore scorer at his best. Garland could be Def/Fwd, but same with Goldsack, shower scorer.

Also you have DeBoar as a forward. Not sure on this one. And I didn't even realise you had Whitecross so yeah I think where I have put you is about right.

monstrum

theres' only a handfull of 100+ avg defenders in the comp anyway .. with 6 mids able to be played and forwards scoring so high in this comp defenders will not matter to much...

u have jack watts as ur #1 defender ur team has alot of upside coz half of them have missed half the season through injury...  ???

Justin Bieber

Quote from: monstrum on September 20, 2012, 05:57:32 PM
theres' only a handfull of 100+ avg defenders in the comp anyway .. with 6 mids able to be played and forwards scoring so high in this comp defenders will not matter to much...

u have jack watts as ur #1 defender...  ???

Gun. and Tmac, me and Holz rate Tmac over Matthew De Boar.

monstrum

jack watts is a gun... who averages only 5 pts more than Garland who u said is crap.. and played 7 fewer games... oh no he did play a few in the magoos  ::)

Holz

Quote from: monstrum on September 20, 2012, 05:57:32 PM

u have jack watts as ur #1 defender ur team has alot of upside coz half of them have missed half the season through injury...  ???

actually Rance is the number 1 defender. he might not be the best DT player but he does average 92 in this comp.

JBs-Hawks

Whats wrong with pearce, jaensch or stewart at D4? :P

Justin Bieber

Monstrum in my review I said you lack in Forwards and Defenders. If you get one injury, do you have backup?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 20, 2012, 06:04:32 PM
Whats wrong with pearce, jaensch or stewart at D4? :P

Is that Danyle Pearce? I spose Jaensch is alright if he can play for once.

JBs-Hawks

Doughty gone this year will free a spot.

Yes ports pearce.

monstrum

Quote from: whatlez on September 20, 2012, 06:04:48 PM
Monstrum in my review I said you lack in Forwards and Defenders. If you get one injury, do you have backup?

Rance is a good get..

my fwd bench atm is...

Travis Varcoe
Mark Nicoski
Rhys Stanley
Brendan Whitecross (inj)

thats pretty good i reckon, especially if sinclair or deboer, hav a chance of dpp

tbagrocks

tbagrocks

DEFENDERS ARE GOING TO WIN

FLAGS

::) :o

Jay

Quote from: whatlez on September 20, 2012, 03:33:57 PM
Whatlez’ Ladder Prediction:

1.   Dongs
2.   Folders
3.   Gazelles
4.   Lambs
5.   Eskimos
6.   Crocodiles
7.   Vipers
8.   Crabs
9.   Strikers
10.   Bears
11.   Elephants
12.   Ales
13.   Dolphins
14.   Hunters
15.   Llamas
16.   Tigers

Note:
-   Gazelles, Lambs and Eskimos will fight for 3rd and 4th place.
-   Vipers, Strikers, Bears, Crocs and Crabs will fight for the final top 8 positions. 2 will miss out.
-   Llamas and tigers will fight out the spoon

Betting Prices: (Not sure if I win money)
Dongs $5
Folders $6.50
Gazelles $7
Lambs $8
Eskimos $10
Vipers/Crocs $12
Strikers/Bears/Crabs $15
Elephants/Ales $25
Dolphins/Hunters $25
Llamas $100
Tigers $200

Stock up:  Meaning, has the potential to beat the predictions given
Vipers â€" should even push to top 4 with the promising team
Elephants â€" could push to top 8 if the player improve
Ales â€" also could push for top 8
Crabs â€" should make top 8 comfortably

Stock Down: Meaning, has the potential to fall well below the predictions made
Strikers â€" Should just miss out on the final 8
Dolphins â€" most probably be in bottom 4
Hunters â€" same as above
Gazelles â€" Might push outside top 4
Crocs â€" Could easily push outside top 8

Teams that are relying on DPP more than any:
Bears â€" has the potential, but if DPP doesn’t go their way, top 8 doesn’t look a chance
Eskimos â€" If DPP doesn’t go their way then top 4 will be no chance and top 8 might be out of reach too

Early prediction awards:

Minor Premiers: Dongs
Premiers: Dongs
Runner-Up: Folders
Spoon: Too close to call. Llamas and Tigers will be the battle
Darkhorse side: Elephants

Team to beat expectation: Elephants/Crabs
Team to fall below expectation: Crabs/Gazelles

Best Backline: Dolphins, but Elephants with their awesome depth ;)
Best midfield, Gazelles, but the Vipers are strong too
Best Rucks: Crabs, Nic Nat and Cox cannot be touched
Best Forwards: Crabs, with the Eskimos maybe an outside? (Not sure on this one, depends on DPP)

Best Depth: Elephants
Worst Depth: Crocs
Youngest Team: Elephants
Oldest Team: Gazelles, not sure after that... Bears, Strikers, Dongs?
Most injured team: Gazelle by far (Ball, Gray etc.)
Healthiest Team: Not sure... could work it out...

Worse Pick of the Draft: Nathan Foley, pick 34, round 2, I believe.
Best Pick of the Draft: Matthew Pavlich, pick 97, round 7. (15th overall ave)

Best Name: Hong Kong Dongs
Worse Name: Manila Folders (depends how you look at it. I would give you second on Best name, but here you get a mention ;) )
Strongest Animal: Elephants
Weakest Animal: Close, but I’ll go Lambs then Llamas ;D

Team reviews:
Dongs: 8.5/10 â€" Strong team all round - A little old and the backs are little weak, but will be a heavyweight contender
Folders: 8/10 â€" Solid â€" Again backs are weak and no depth
Gazelles: 7.5/10 â€" Very Old â€" Heaps of Injury worries and a weak forward line
Lambs: 7.5/10 â€" Solid Team â€" D4 is average
Eskimos: 7.5/10 â€" Very weak defender if DPP doesn’t go your way
Crocodiles: 7/10 â€" Have a great starting side, after that not much.
Vipers: 7/10 â€" Young and improving team â€" Great mids â€" Forwards and Backs need help though
Crabs: 7/10 â€" Mixed bag as well â€" Great rucks â€" Good forwards â€" Unique Side
Strikers: 7/10 â€" A older team â€" Mixed bag of players â€" No visible D4 and has some on field spud forwards
Bears: 7/10 â€" Mixed of young and old. DPP will make or break your season though
Elephants: 6.5/10 â€" Young Healthy List â€" No players have hit peak yet â€" Pushing for a 7 rating which could put them in top 8 contention â€" Best Depth
Ales: 6.5/10 â€" Struggling to find a D4 â€" Great mids depth â€" Push up to a 7 like Elephants and top 8 birth
Dolphins: 6/10 â€" Solid, but not outstanding
Hunters: 6/10 â€" Defenders and Forwards are very limited â€" The rest alright
Llamas: 5/10 â€" Not sure what to say here â€" Poor Mids â€" Horrible backs â€" No Tex
Tigers: 4.5/10 â€" Starting is... meh â€" Foley pick 2 â€" Nuff said

This is my opinion. I didn’t put a huge amount of research in some teams and the depth I didn’t look into that much. I mainly looked at starting teams and whether players play consistently.

WHAT THE FLOWER!!!!!!

you think I have one of the oldest teams??? conca, golby, sellar, johnson, schoey, sheppard, jack, rockliff, grigg, scully, W.H-Elliot, hampton, jacobs, jenkins, clark, kennedy, walters, rohan, elliot, lycett, paine......that is not old ::)

no visible D4? i think a backline of Scotland Burgoyne Conca Golby is the best in the comp.

spud forwards? really? Mitch Clark and Josh Kennedy are guns, you cant argue with that. its more than likely that Rockliff becomes a fwd in 2013 also then just have to choose 1 of westhoff, walters, rohan elliot each week and i have a beast forward line.

EDIT* Language modified :)