AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koop

Sorry I've been OS for a few weeks as notified.

Happy to continue but as Rids said, it seems that we don't have the activity levels to keep this going. I'd put my hand up to admin, but I've already quit quite a few keepers/classic formats in order to focus on an upcoming Law double degree this year, and that'd be pretty irresponsible of me, both to myself & everyone else. We also don't really have the active FF base to draw 2 new coaches from regardless. It's a shame, it's been a fantastic comp to be apart of for the majority of the last 7 years, but I think it's time to let the old girl down.

She's dead, Jim.

Hawka

Short and sweet for me
The acitivty is just going to be less and less, and what we have 8 teams
If somehow in the next week or so we get the draft started and have 10 coaches or whatever ready to go it might be RIP
Dont get me wrong happy to continue but only if its sorted quick which now seems almost impossible

Rids

Sorry guys but again weeks with nothing. A decision needs to be made by the admin so we can all move fwd. I am staggered an outcome is still up in the air.

Nige

Quote from: Rids on February 06, 2019, 12:38:49 PM
Sorry guys but again weeks with nothing. A decision needs to be made by the admin so we can all move fwd. I am staggered an outcome is still up in the air.
I mean, the actual admin is gone it seems.

I believe wanted an opinion from all the coaches, or a majority at the least. I stated a few posts above that we needed two more people to agree that it's cooked and Coop and Hawka have since agreed, so it's unofficially done, just no final word from nas but I know he's been busy lately.

I think if the remaining coaches can't even come in to give a short and simple then that's enough of a sign as well.

Presumably, once nas officially pronounces the comp dead, it'll just be up to HP to archive the board for official closure.

nostradamus

Hi guys, just a follow up to Rids' post.
It's now been over 2 months since BB has been online, the last time was on 2nd of December.
Does anyone know him IRL? and if so can you get in touch with him?
It's been so long I'm actually concerned for his welfare.
In the meantime though l think we need someone to step up and take the reins for this comp to remain viable.
Thoughts?

fanTCfool

Cut down to 8 teams, play each opponent 3 times. Play through byes as is AXV tradition.
Two week finals series starting Round 22 comprising the top 4 teams.

I'm not sure if there's other facets to be covered, but if people find those suggestions agreeable, I could tentatively raise my hand to take on admin duties.

Football Factory

The reason i left was because apparently there was no need for a leadership spill, because the people doing it were more than capable. It went on for ages with nothing happening so i just got sick of it and quit. Now it seems the league doesn't have any admin because the people that were going to run it don't want to do it anymore. I am totally confused. But anyway i guess it has nothing to do with me anymore.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Football Factory on February 07, 2019, 11:54:50 AM
The reason i left was because apparently there was no need for a leadership spill, because the people doing it were more than capable. It went on for ages with nothing happening so i just got sick of it and quit. Now it seems the league doesn't have any admin because the people that were going to run it don't want to do it anymore. I am totally confused. But anyway i guess it has nothing to do with me anymore.
You're confused... I'm still waiting to take #11 in the Rookie draft.

Football Factory

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 07, 2019, 01:03:21 PM
Quote from: Football Factory on February 07, 2019, 11:54:50 AM
You're confused... I'm still waiting to take #11 in the Rookie draft.

lol

upthemaidens

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 06, 2019, 04:45:15 PM
Cut down to 8 teams, play each opponent 3 times. Play through byes as is AXV tradition.
Two week finals series starting Round 22 comprising the top 4 teams.

I'm not sure if there's other facets to be covered, but if people find those suggestions agreeable, I could tentatively raise my hand to take on admin duties.
Go for it.    Remove dead clubs and proceed with the rookie draft.  Any players without a club can go into next years rook draft.

fanTCfool

I see no easier option than a first in best dressed, so the first 8 people to claim their spot are in, other teams dissolved.

1. Mongolian Lambs

upthemaidens

Strikers were not going anywhere even if the comp died.  Pacific need someone to play in practice matches during the summer.

SydneyRox

Vietnam are still flag favourite so we will continue as well!

Nige

I think it's a little disrespectful to the legacy of AXVs to further cut the comp down if that's what you people wanna do.

The remainder of you could always do a SC draft, or take it to UF permanently if you really want, but don't tarnish this comp any more than this shower show already has.

But I mean, if you're that selfish and have the insatiable desire to keep this thing on life support, you best working out once and for all who whether it's worth keeping this thing on its last legs for however long that happens to be, and work out who is actually in or out (FF for example seems to be practically impaled on the fence). That means getting an official yes or to both the questions above and then working out which of you is forking at $69.90 to customise UF (maybe FF could use his DT winnings since he's very committed to AXVs future), which seems to be necessary these days since nobody appears to have the time to put in the manual labour that Colli did to make this comp so great in it's heyday.

If you decide to keep going, you're just letting more quality players rot on the sidelines, which seems dumb, and don't even for a second consider expanding team sizes, because that doesn't solve a thing, and fielding more players goes against everything AXVs stands for, literally (XV stands for 15 for those playing along at home).

Also if anyone is genuinely concerned for BB's wellbeing (I know I am) and wants to message him, I think I vaguely remember his name so PM me and I can give it to whoever wants to try and attempt to contact him via Facebook, won't post it publicly.

Nige

Oh and the most important question is what's everyone's issue with nas and how he's done things to date? Man has been trying his hardest to steady the ship and now everyone wants to overthrow him and drastically change the comp.