AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

In regards to the other rules people would like changed as well, now is the perfect time to start some discussion around them, so by the end of the week we can vote on all rule changes for the competition going forward.

In nas' thread, I am keeping a post with all current rule changes we are looking to vote on. Currently we have in there:
- Additional points for defenders
- Priority picks for lower teams

Any suggestions for how these rules should work/change, or any other rules you would like to change, please start discussing now.

BB67th

Just to give an update on where we at, there are still about 4 teams that have not put in any preferences for the above vote yet. I have sent a reminder to all these coaches.

I will give them a couple of days, and if they have still not responded by them, we will move forward based on the votes we currently have.

nostradamus

So what is the verdict? It's time to move forward ☺

upthemaidens

10 Teams, 22 players.  6 Def, 5 Mids, 1 Ruck, 6 Fwd and 4 Utilities.  Along with 3 Emergencies.
  Every AFL player goes onto a list, so we'll have bigger squads to name a team each week.  Play each other twice, with a Top 5 Final series.

Nige

This is XVs. The XV literally stands for 15. The traditional team format is the last thing that the should change.

BB67th

After having most of our coaches vote, here are our results on how we will go forward with the competition.

#1 - Should we increase the number of players on field?

- A - No, stay at 15

- This option was a clear winner. A couple of coaches were in favour of increasing numbers, but most happy to stay at 15.

#2 - How will we divide team lists?

A - Draft with player pool comprising teams without a coach

- Again this option was a clear winner. A couple of coaches wanted to go down the route of full, or close to full, team re-drafts, but the clear majority wanted to stay with the teams they have drafted.

#3 - If we proceed with a draft, how should pick order be determined?

C - Reverse ladder order, repeating order

- This vote was much closer, with considerable support for nas' proposal of the bottom teams picking multiple times in a row before the top teams get a pick. However, the majority went for reverse ladder order in repeating order (effectively the same as we would do for a regular National Draft), to help the bottom teams become a bit more even.

Where to next?

- So at the moment we have 11 committed teams. I am still working on trying to get a 12th coach to join our ranks, which will hopefully have some progress soon. The idea would be that this coach will get a choice of which of the available teams they would like to take over. The rest will then go into a draft pool, which will have a repeating reverse ladder order. There won't be additional priority picks in this draft.

- This leaves us in a bit of a holding pattern until we are able to source another coach and allow them to choose a team. In the mean time, if there are any other rule suggestions for the coming year, please post about them now. As of now, the only rules we have to vote on are extra points for defenders, and if we need to change priority picks.

- I realise that not everyone will be happy with the way this vote has gone, and there were some passionate arguments I saw on both sides around the scope of drafting for us to undertake. Passionate discussion is good around these areas, but let's make sure we don't get personal :)

Nige

I've been pretty vocal about the state of affairs, and I get that the vote has taken place and results are now about, but I'd still like to voice my concerns again. It won't happen tonight, because I need to put a little bit of work into it, but tomorrow morning I intend of making a post detailing the issue I have with the result of vote 3.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Nige on October 02, 2018, 10:45:23 AM
This is XVs. The XV literally stands for 15. The traditional team format is the last thing that the should change.
Shock horror, princess disagrees.

nas

Quote from: upthemaidens on October 02, 2018, 11:02:52 PM

This comment doesn’t really help with what we are trying to achieve!

nostradamus

Excellent news BB.
Hopefully coach No.12 can be found soon and we can get into the fun stuff.........drafting and trading.

Football Factory

Not sure when McBasketball-peter will be on next? hasn't been on for a little while. I sent LF a message to see if she was keen as she did express some interest a while ago. But that may have been if we reset the comp? Anyway i will wait for a response.

Nige

Quote from: BB67th on October 02, 2018, 09:52:45 PM
let's make sure we don't get personal :)

So the admin literally says "don't get personal" and the first thing you do is get personal? Settle down big man. I'm gonna assume you're probably double my age, so show some class and maturity and don't act half of it.

- A - No, stay at 15

- This option was a clear winner. A couple of coaches were in favour of increasing numbers, but most happy to stay at 15.

Huh, looks like the majority agrees with princess. Who would have thought?! :o

upthemaidens

Quote from: Nige on October 03, 2018, 10:11:01 AM

So the admin literally says "don't get personal" and the first thing you do is get personal? Settle down big man. I'm gonna assume you're probably double my age, so show some class and maturity and don't act half of it.

- A - No, stay at 15

We also voted for 15 princess.   I posted it just to get you to comment, yes it's that easy.

Nige

Quote from: upthemaidens on October 03, 2018, 10:25:21 AM
Quote from: Nige on October 03, 2018, 10:11:01 AM

- A - No, stay at 15

We also voted for 15 princess.   I posted it just to get you to comment, yes it's that easy.
Oh okay, so now you're being purposely inflammatory? Would be awful to lose more coaches/teams because of this kind of toxicity. Teetering on borderline reportable behaviour if you ask me. And mods don't take kindly to people being inflammatory either. Just ask the likes of tbag and Trindacut, oh wait...

SydneyRox

some would say at least its an active AXV board......

:)