AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

So you propose the end for this comp?

Football Factory

I think i have found 1 person .. maybe 2 ?

I propose this

We re-brand the comp .. AXV AustraliaXV ?

We change the scoring system or change platform.

We find the coaches necessary as i would hate to play in a 10 team comp.

Hawka

Il be keen for whatever to save the comp

but 5 will be hard  :-\

Football Factory

Quote from: Hawka on August 20, 2018, 04:01:54 PM
Il be keen for whatever to save the comp

but 5 will be hard  :-\

I agree, we should give it a try though.

SydneyRox

Open to anything to improve/reinvigorate the comp.

Since the comp has struggled, sticking to UF and either adopting that scoring system or making a whole new one makes sense.

Havent done a draft in a while, so a full new draft would at least interest most people.

I think the main issue, is what someone said in a previous post, most if not all coaches have 2-4 teams in the various xv and xviii comps so with busy lives sometimes banter across all codes is hard, and (not having a go) but the comps that work best are pushed by very active admins, which has been an issue this year with AXV.

I think 10 teams is a necessary evil? Full lottery on draft positions. New scoring format. Each team plays each other twice, nothing over the byes, standard top 5 finals series.

Hawka

Quote from: SydneyRox on August 20, 2018, 07:35:39 PM

Since the comp has struggled, sticking to UF and either adopting that scoring system or making a whole new one makes sense.

Havent done a draft in a while, so a full new draft would at least interest most people.

I think the main issue, is what someone said in a previous post, most if not all coaches have 2-4 teams in the various xv and xviii comps so with busy lives sometimes banter across all codes is hard, and (not having a go) but the comps that work best are pushed by very active admins, which has been an issue this year with AXV.

I think 10 teams is a necessary evil? Full lottery on draft positions. New scoring format. Each team plays each other twice, nothing over the byes, standard top 5 finals series.
im for it

nas

All, have an official pm from atto effective from 11:30 has resigned as Coach of HK Dongs.
When home will add the pm to here.

Nige

Just to recap:

Resigned - Koop, Atto

Thinking about it/maybe/likely - Ricochet, iZander, Nige

Suspended/Banned - tbag

6 coaches to potentially replace. Think about it.

SydneyRox

I think we need to get some sort of bail/commitment ratio from the three guys who are unsure.

Do they want to be involved in the change process or should we look to make it 10 coaches who can agree on a path to progress?

Nige

Quote from: SydneyRox on August 21, 2018, 07:01:41 PM
I think we need to get some sort of bail/commitment ratio from the three guys who are unsure.

Do they want to be involved in the change process or should we look to make it 10 coaches who can agree on a path to progress?
I'm waiting to see the replies from all the other coaches, and then want to see the admin(s) weigh in or their preference, then I'll be making the call.

If I'm interested in the direction the competition is going in and I think I'll enjoy it moving forward, I'll probably continue.

Rusty00

Unfortunately I think this is one of the main obstacles this comp has to overcome. We just don't have anyone who has the time to put in the necessary work. BB has done a great job getting us to the end of this season but does he have the time to commit next season?

I'm happy to keep going as coach in whatever form the comp takes next season, but just don't have the time to commit to anything in the way of admin duties :-\

nas

Quote from: nas on August 21, 2018, 06:14:56 PM
All, have an official pm from atto effective from 11:30 has resigned as Coach of HK Dongs.
When home will add the pm to here.

BB67th

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 21, 2018, 11:17:00 PM

Unfortunately I think this is one of the main obstacles this comp has to overcome. We just don't have anyone who has the time to put in the necessary work. BB has done a great job getting us to the end of this season but does he have the time to commit next season?

I'm happy to keep going as coach in whatever form the comp takes next season, but just don't have the time to commit to anything in the way of admin duties :-\

This is definitely a strong point. A highly active admin that can help with content throughout the week definitely helps a competition be more involved. While I would love to say I'd be able to increase my time commitment next season, realistically I cannot see myself doing much more for the competition next season than this year.

Personally, I would like to see the competition continue, whether that be in it's current format or with a reduced number of teams probably depends on numbers we can have to make a solid commitment for next season.

At this stage I will look at sending out a pm to all coaches on the weekend to make sure we can get a response from everyone with what they would be looking to do for next season.

upthemaidens

Well why don't we just change it up a bit.  Do something like each Club keeps 15 players and the rest get thrown in a draft.
   The two separate drafts, normal Nat/rookie draft and the new leftover draft will be in random order, not based on previous season ladder position.

Everyone loves a draft.

..Or if we don't want to be so drastic, each Club will have to de-list 10 contracted players from their list that go into a draft.
   And then then draft order is based on ladder position from previous season as usual.

Nige

Not sure how keeping your best 15 or delisting your worst 10 players fixes anything.