AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rids

Quote from: PowerBug on March 19, 2017, 11:38:22 AM
Let me explain the loophole which took place:

Was a partial lockout week and it was Crows vs North on the Thursday. JB didn't name his side on FF prior to that game so I felt good because I was playing him and he didn't get to name Brent Harvey and I think someone else good.

Then Friday lockout came around and he still hasn't named a side. Midway through the Friday game he said "team as per UF" or something to that effect. And of course on UF Harvey was named on field, and he had a good game the previous night.

So essentially he's gotten two bites of the cherry. But he was admin last season so that was never going to be found guilty, and all credit to him for picking it up. But you can't allow that to happen again. That's just a blatant loophole that shouldn't be allowed.

We ether use UF entirely like BXV, or we are using it for an easy way to get the scores of our players, no in between.

I also prefer the format Nige wants, saves a heap of space and it's nicer to read. Looks more like a team, current thing just looks like a list of players ;)

Players from the Thursday night game are automatically locked out on UF when the game has started. The league setting will be to lockout the whole round at the commencement of the Friday game to allow people the ability to change players who have not played in that round after the Thursday night game.

If what you are saying occured last year, then it wasn't a loophole on UF. Moving forward, players from the Thursday game will require to be named in the Team Submission thread prior to the Thursday game commencing. This will be policed by the mods.

iZander

Quote from: Rids on March 19, 2017, 12:25:31 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on March 19, 2017, 11:38:22 AM
Let me explain the loophole which took place:

Was a partial lockout week and it was Crows vs North on the Thursday. JB didn't name his side on FF prior to that game so I felt good because I was playing him and he didn't get to name Brent Harvey and I think someone else good.

Then Friday lockout came around and he still hasn't named a side. Midway through the Friday game he said "team as per UF" or something to that effect. And of course on UF Harvey was named on field, and he had a good game the previous night.

So essentially he's gotten two bites of the cherry. But he was admin last season so that was never going to be found guilty, and all credit to him for picking it up. But you can't allow that to happen again. That's just a blatant loophole that shouldn't be allowed.

We ether use UF entirely like BXV, or we are using it for an easy way to get the scores of our players, no in between.

I also prefer the format Nige wants, saves a heap of space and it's nicer to read. Looks more like a team, current thing just looks like a list of players ;)

Players from the Thursday night game are automatically locked out on UF when the game has started. The league setting will be to lockout the whole round at the commencement of the Friday game to allow people the ability to change players who have not played in that round after the Thursday night game.

If what you are saying occured last year, then it wasn't a loophole on UF. Moving forward, players from the Thursday game will require to be named in the Team Submission thread prior to the Thursday game commencing. This will be policed by the mods.

If the UF and thread teams are different which team is the one we get?

PowerBug

Quote from: iZander on March 19, 2017, 06:39:49 PM
If the UF and thread teams are different which team is the one we get?
I think it's plain and simple that UF teams are completely irrelevant. This comp is being run on FF and if you fail to name your team on FF then you miss out and get last weeks team, or may name players that haven't already played in the case of the partial lockout.

Quote from: Rids on March 19, 2017, 12:25:31 PM

No, you misunderstood I think, let me use a hypothetical example from this week. I have a toss up at D4 between Simon White and Lee Spurr.

I choose to not name my team on FanFooty prior to the Thursday game, and in UF I have Simon White named ON FIELD. I wait and see if he does well. If he plays well, then I just adjust the rest of my team on UF and comment "Team as per UF", if Simon white does badly, I pretend UF is not around and name my team on FF with Lee Spurr in it.

That is what happened last year (against me which is why I'm salty :P) with JB and Brent Harvey. And that is why the "team" you select on Ultimate Footy should count for 0, and you can't reference to it at all.

Rids

I will reiterate again.

Teams are to be named on Fanfooty as per the Colli team format specified in the OP of the Team Submission thread.

Note: The format will be discussed in the Rule Changes thread for 2018 - Nas has already captured it in the thread: http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,108118.15.html

Fanfooty team naming is Official. If any coach forgets to name players in their team that are playing on a Thursday on Fanfooty, then those players will be locked out and unavailable for selection. It does not matter if they are on the field or not on UF.

UF is only a tool for the mods to assist with the weekly match-ups, scoring, and maintaining team lists from season to season.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Rids on March 19, 2017, 11:22:04 PM
I will reiterate again.

Teams are to be named on Fanfooty as per the Colli team format specified in the OP of the Team Submission thread.

Note: The format will be discussed in the Rule Changes thread for 2018 - Nas has already captured it in the thread: http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,108118.15.html

Fanfooty team naming is Official. If any coach forgets to name players in their team that are playing on a Thursday on Fanfooty, then those players will be locked out and unavailable for selection. It does not matter if they are on the field or not on UF.

UF is only a tool for the mods to assist with the weekly match-ups, scoring, and maintaining team lists from season to season.

Why do we have access to UF then? Why not have teams only accessible by the administration?

iZander

Quote from: fanTCfool on March 19, 2017, 11:33:47 PM
I will reiterate again.

Why do we have access to UF then? Why not have teams only accessible by the administration?

Still naming teams on UF each week would help assist the admins when working out scores and that?

fanTCfool

Quote from: iZander on March 19, 2017, 11:36:09 PM
I will reiterate again.

Still naming teams on UF each week would help assist the admins when working out scores and that?

I suppose when you consider the number of admins most of the competition is administering UF anyways  ;)

iZander

Quote from: fanTCfool on March 19, 2017, 11:49:19 PM
I will reiterate again.

I suppose when you consider the number of admins most of the competition is administering UF anyways  ;)

hahahaha :P

SydneyRox

Is there really a need to have a specific format? Can we do a screenshot from UF?

Rids

I believe the way UF is displayed in the list view is in the same format as what Colli introduced a while back.

B
B
B
B
M - and so on.

Just make sure if this is agoing to be a screenshot that a captain, vice captain and emerg vice capt is named plus the 3 emergs

The format has been discussed earlier this preseason and it was decided to stick with what we have. It is up again for discussion for 2018 season.

Rids

Quote from: fanTCfool on March 19, 2017, 11:49:19 PM
I will reiterate again.

There are only 3 mods for AXV. Nas, JB and myself. I am the only one with access to making changes to UF. If people don't update UF then all good. It just means I will spend my Friday evening doing the updating.

PowerBug

tbagrocks

Are you people serious? Why would the rookie draft rules need to be changed? ???

Wasn't Colli's vision for Asia to stay as close to AFL rules as possible?

What is so wrong with rookie lists ::)

BB67th

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 29, 2017, 08:00:53 PM
Are you people serious? Why would the rookie draft rules need to be changed? ???

I agree, rookie lists add some more strategy in list management, I'm all for keeping them!

iZander

Quote from: BB67th on March 29, 2017, 10:38:34 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on March 29, 2017, 08:00:53 PM

I agree, rookie lists add some more strategy in list management, I'm all for keeping them!
Lets be honest, theres not too much strategy involved in it