AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

Quote from: Rids on January 10, 2017, 10:53:52 AM
Sounds like we have a consensus then. I am making the assumption that those who have not made a comment are not worried about teams receiving a supp pick if any of their players retire prior to the preseason. There is time for those who might oppose it to make a comment advising so.

I will discuss with the other admin and work out when best to have this occur.

Thanks to all.
Should there be a cut-off date? i.e. If the player retires before Rd.1 of the AFL season proper or before the NAB cup starts or before Feb 1st etc. etc.

After the cut-off date the player just become a LTI and no replacement is allowed.

PowerBug

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 10, 2017, 11:23:40 AM
Sounds like we have a consensus then. I am making the assumption that those who have not made a comment are not worried about teams receiving a supp pick if any of their players retire prior to the preseason. There is time for those who might oppose it to make a comment advising so.

Thanks to all.
Should there be a cut-off date? i.e. If the player retires before Rd.1 of the AFL season proper or before the NAB cup starts or before Feb 1st etc. etc.

After the cut-off date the player just become a LTI and no replacement is allowed.
Cut off date to be the same as the end of the 2nd Trade period maybe?

nas

Quote from: PowerBug on January 10, 2017, 11:27:05 AM

Thanks to all.

Seems fair & reasonable as this normally finishes in Middle of Feb.

Rids

Quote from: nas on January 10, 2017, 11:30:15 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 10, 2017, 11:27:05 AM

Thanks to all.

Seems fair & reasonable as this normally finishes in Middle of Feb.

Sounds good to me as well. Will capture it in the rules when I modify them.

nas

Coaches.
            We have just received Adamant resignation as Coach of the Bangladesh Bears. Ada being one of the competitions original coaches. Ada is prepared to stay on for the time being to fulfil any remaining duties while a new coach is found.

Would like to thank Ada for all his help with rearranging the banners (as 1 example with me) to reflect on all the new coaches this season.

We will be advertising very soon for a new coach so that they can organise their own layout team thread, participate in the 2nd draft, 2nd trade period, etc.

Cheers Ada.

Nige

Wow, huge news!

As one of the better and most successful coaches in this comp, you'll be missed Ada!

Ricochet

Ada really? Thats a huge loss.

Not only the most successful AXVs coach but a ripper bloke as well

Sad to hear you're going mate

upthemaidens

In 2015(Mid Feb) Beau Waters retired.  It looks like he was de-listed by the AXV Club and a replacement was taken.

Rids

Coaches have been messaged as SR is to pick when he is online next. There wont be a 24 hour rule for this as there will only be 3 selections.

Rules have now been updated as per below:

PRE-SEASON RETIREES

*If a player retires after the AXV National and AXV Rookie drafts have concluded and prior to the conclusion of the second trade period, then the coach is to delist the retired player and select a supplementary player from the left-over pool. This supplementary player is able to go on to either list as per the coaches choosing. If the supplementary player is to go on to the Rookie list and the retiree was on the senior list, then a nominated rookie will require elevation by the coach.

*If a player retires after the conclusion of the second trade period then they are to be treated as an LTI.

Thanks to all for contributing!

PowerBug

Can someone confirm that these are the top 8 teams from AXVs last season in finishing order post-finals and including the manager(s) names. When two teams got knocked out in the same week the one higher on the ladder is ranked higher

8th: Laos Elephants - Nige
Mongolian Lambs - Toga
UAE Tigers - nas
Sri Lanka Strikers - Jay
Tibetan Llamas - tbagrocks
Bangkok Crabs - nostradamus & Rids
KL Crocs - Ricochet & elephants
1st: Australian Ales - JBs-Hawks

Rusty00

Quote from: PowerBug on February 07, 2017, 05:26:22 PM
Can someone confirm that these are the top 8 teams from AXVs last season in finishing order post-finals and including the manager(s) names. When two teams got knocked out in the same week the one higher on the ladder is ranked higher

Mongolian Lambs - Toga
UAE Tigers - nas
Sri Lanka Strikers - Jay
Looks right to me

nas

Quote from: Rusty00 on February 07, 2017, 06:15:29 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on February 07, 2017, 05:26:22 PM

Mongolian Lambs - Toga
UAE Tigers - nas
Sri Lanka Strikers - Jay
Looks right to me

Strikers have UTM Lambs have FTC as assistants if needed

fanTCfool

Rids

Hey all

Can everyone please re-join the AXV league on UF? We are in the process of getting things sorted and required all coaches and teams to be registered back in the league.

To do this just log into UF and then Join a League where there should be an option to re-join the AXV league.

Thanks
Rids

Rids

Quote from: Rids on February 27, 2017, 11:23:47 AM
Hey all

Can everyone please re-join the AXV league on UF? We are in the process of getting things sorted and required all coaches and teams to be registered back in the league.

To do this just log into UF and then Join a League where there should be an option to re-join the AXV league.

Thanks
Rids

Cheers to those who have joined. We are still waiting on 7 more. I am hesitant to go spamming messages for the time being but will start doing so end of this week.

Just one last thing for the co-coaches. Unfortunately on UF you can only set up the team to be associated to 1 email address. So my suggestion is use the coach who is likely to be on there the most thru the season and then share the log in details if both need access. Nostra and I have done it this way ourselves.

Any questions ask away.