AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Hi all,

Just wanted to clear up the admin situation for AXV. Unfortunately T Dog has gone missing after his great season of running the comp alongside JB this year. Ric and myself both don't have the time to do full admin duties in the next year, and Rids and nas have both kindly stepped up to say they would be happy to come in as part of a 3 way admin team with JB, Rids and nas.

While that is a large team to run the comp, we felt the more people we can have to help out at this stage, the better, and we can add more features to enhance the competition. If this current situation doesn't work out, then we can always change things in the future and reduce our admin numbers.

I apologise that this dialogue wasn't held more openly in the AXV board with more discussion from coaches, but I do feel this is the best way forward for the competition. If anyone has any issues, I'm happy to discuss them with you.

Going forward, I plan to finish off my work with the AXV Rookie Drafts, and then hand things over to our new admin team in preparation for the 2017 season.

Cheers

nas

Just an update re the following page, Adamant has redone all the banners to suit each teams Coaches, with Co-Coaches added & ex coaches removed. http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,89929.0.html

The updated Team Lists are yet to be done as awaiting the Rookie Draft to be completed. Once done we will get onto it & all that should be left is the 2nd trade period.

Rids

Happy New Year to all. Hope it was a safe and joyous occasion!

There has been some questions around the retirements of Lumumba and Shane Yarran and whether teams should get a supplementary pick from the left over players from the drafts. There are a couple of options to discuss.

a. Lumumba and Yarran are seen as LTI's and the coach can elevate a rookie to the senior list

b. teams get to make a supplementary pick from the left-over pool of players and Lumumba and Yarran get delisted. The supplementary player can go onto either list. If they are selected as a rookie then a rookie of the coaches choosing will need to be elevated.

The admin team would like to throw this up for discussion among all coaches. Also open to putting it to a vote if there is no clear consensus arise from the discussion.

Cheers all.

Ricochet

Not too fussed so I'd be fine with a supplementary pick from the left overs

upthemaidens

Has this situation not happened in the past?

My two cents.. The season hasn't started yet, the Club has already been punished by losing a player.
   They should be allowed a replacement from the remaining draft pool.

Rids

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 07, 2017, 02:16:00 PM

My two cents.. The season hasn't started yet, the Club has already been punished by losing a player.

I had a quick look and coulnd't find anything in regards to previous seasons.

The issue can be addressed now anyways and then we can amend the rules with this as the precedent. There has been a few new coaches over the last season or 2.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Rids on January 07, 2017, 02:28:05 PM

The issue can be addressed now anyways and then we can amend the rules with this as the precedent. There has been a few new coaches over the last season or 2.
It doesn't seem like it could be used as a tactic to improve a squad.  If there's no precedent, just let the Club pick a replacement.
   If the season had of started then the retiring player becomes a LTI.

Rids

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 07, 2017, 02:40:25 PM
Quote from: Rids on January 07, 2017, 02:28:05 PM

It doesn't seem like it could be used as a tactic to improve a squad.  If there's no precedent, just let the Club pick a replacement.
   If the season had of started then the retiring player becomes a LTI.

Agree.

This post is to give the opportunity for all coaches in the league a voice and platform to share theirs thoughts on it.

PowerBug

Matthew Jaensch, Beat Waters retired pre season didn't they? What happened in those cases?

nas

Quote from: PowerBug on January 07, 2017, 07:36:40 PM
Matthew Jaensch, Beat Waters retired pre season didn't they? What happened in those cases?

Jaensch happened during the season & promoted rookie

Re: AXVS: 2015 Long-Term Injury List
« Reply #30 on: 25 June 2015, 14:54:38 »

Australia to upgrade Justin Clarke for Matthew Jaensch. http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,100755.0.html

Re: AXV: DE-LISTINGS & LIST MANAGEMENT (2014/15)
« Reply #37 on: 01 March 2015, 10:15:21 »

I'll delist Beau Waters. http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99029.0.html

Koop

Rusty00

Quote from: Koop on January 07, 2017, 10:59:13 PM
Supp pick fine with me.
Same with me. Players left in the pool are probably equivalent/worse than a rookie that would have been elevated anyway.

Rids

Quote from: Rids on January 07, 2017, 09:24:32 AM
Happy New Year to all. Hope it was a safe and joyous occasion!

There has been some questions around the retirements of Lumumba and Shane Yarran and whether teams should get a supplementary pick from the left over players from the drafts. There are a couple of options to discuss.

a. Lumumba and Yarran are seen as LTI's and the coach can elevate a rookie to the senior list

b. teams get to make a supplementary pick from the left-over pool of players and Lumumba and Yarran get delisted. The supplementary player can go onto either list. If they are selected as a rookie then a rookie of the coaches choosing will need to be elevated.

The admin team would like to throw this up for discussion among all coaches. Also open to putting it to a vote if there is no clear consensus arise from the discussion.

Cheers all.

Nostra and I are also ok with Option B.

I will give people another 24 hours or so to discuss this due to the lack of activity over the off-season and people slowly making their way back to the AXV forums.

nrich102

Yeah I dont have a problem with a supp pick

Rids

Sounds like we have a consensus then. I am making the assumption that those who have not made a comment are not worried about teams receiving a supp pick if any of their players retire prior to the preseason. There is time for those who might oppose it to make a comment advising so.

I will discuss with the other admin and work out when best to have this occur.

Thanks to all.