AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

Quote from: Rids on January 22, 2016, 09:56:17 PM
UF is easy - here is the url

http://ultimate-footy.theage.com.au/

They will be locking this next Monday as they are refreshing the site with the 2016 data. We just set the league up with the scoring for AXV which is easy to do. Then get everyone to jump in and manage their teams as per here eg: weekly naming of teams so UF will show the progress of games mid round. UF will also have the functionality of all players and averages. Just a simple search or filter.

All the usual stuff happens here but it takes out the spreadsheets etc. UF will also work out the ladder and %s etc.

Just makes a lot of sense is all and lightens the admin workload ten fold. When it opens next week I will set up a league for AXV and then do a walk through.

Quote from: nas on January 24, 2016, 07:42:32 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 24, 2016, 12:37:35 AM
what happens with co coaches on UF btw

Share the password?  or Create a new email account & share the password then?

Good question asked in British by kb. Would involve a couple here, yourself included Rids.

PowerBug

Any word yet on what we will be doing regarding the suspended players?

Ricochet

Quote from: PowerBug on January 29, 2016, 02:09:46 PM
Any word yet on what we will be doing regarding the suspended players?
We're just giving it a little more time at this stage man, just to see if Essendon quickly get through the rest of the top ups. We'll reassess later in the week

Nige

Also, what's happening with the admin stuff? Do we have an update there?

nas

Quote from: Nige on February 03, 2016, 12:42:57 PM

Also, re the suggestion by Rids re Ultimate Footy, to help ease the burden on our Admin?

Ricochet

Quote from: nas on February 03, 2016, 12:47:41 PM

Also, re the suggestion by Rids re Ultimate Footy, to help ease the burden on our Admin?
Yep still in discussions with BB. We hope to give you an update soon guys

BB67th

Hey AXV,

We have a big announcement here. As you will know, I have decided to step down as administrator of the AXV as I no longer have the time to commit to making it such a great competition. My co-admin Ricochet has also decided that he too will struggle to have the time commitments for the competition going into the future, so he is also stepping down from the role.

So, after holding an application process, we have decided that it would be best to continue with another co-admin team, at least in the short term, so we can have the same level of coverage and commitment to the competition that we previously had. I am pleased to announce that our two new competition administrators are:

JBs-Hawks and T Dog

Most of you will know JB as the head coach of the Australian Ales, which were quite a successful team last season. T Dog has not been a head coach within the AXV as of yet, but is well known around the FF Forum for his humour and reliability, and I am sure both coaches will excel at this new role. Please join me in giving them a warm welcome!

I'd also like to apologise for my relative inactivity over the last couple of months. I hope you all can appreciate that it has been a busy time in my life, and I feel its a good time to hand the competition over to a couple of new coaches.

Please be patient with our new admins, especially T Dog who has not had as much experience with the AXV competition. Pretty much they can be treated as the people who run this competition now, though Ric and I will retain our mod status for the time being to help out around the board where needed as they transition into their new roles.

So once again, give our two new admins a big welcome to the AXV!

nas

Well done BB & Ric, only been here myself a short time, but job well done. Sorry to see you both step down.

Welcome to the new Admins JB & T Dog.

Rusty00

Congrats and good luck JB and TDog.

Thanks for all the hard work Rico and especially BB over the years. Not an easy job and your efforts make this competition what it is.

fanTCfool

Welcome to both TDog and JB, and a big thank you to BB & Rico for making this competition a great one.

Ricochet

Thanks guys.

I just want to say a big thank you to BB for what you did for this comp mate. It's a real shame you are stepping down

I'm also sorry that i also have to. Our company has a couple of big contracts coming up and i won't have the time to devote to this comp that it deserves.

In saying that, congratulations to JB and TDog. AXVs is in very good hands

Adamant

Thanks for all the work you have put into this comp BB and Rico. Congratulations and good luck to JB and T Dog!

nas

They will be locking this next Monday as they are refreshing the site with the 2016 data. We just set the league up with the scoring for AXV which is easy to do. Then get everyone to jump in and manage their teams as per here eg: weekly naming of teams so UF will show the progress of games mid round. UF will also have the functionality of all players and averages. Just a simple search or filter.

All the usual stuff happens here but it takes out the spreadsheets etc. UF will also work out the ladder and %s etc.

Just makes a lot of sense is all and lightens the admin workload ten fold. When it opens next week I will set up a league for AXV and then do a walk through.

Just a question, is this still on the cards? With the new Admin coming in, this could help take a load of their plate.

nostradamus

Sorry to see you go boys, but it's a big job that's for sure ........well done on the great work.

Welcome aboard to both JB and Tdog.

**agree with nas about the UF site, it'd certainly cut down the workload hugely**

BB67th

Quote from: nas on February 11, 2016, 07:39:26 AM

Just a question, is this still on the cards? With the new Admin coming in, this could help take a load of their plate.
It sure is nas, I've let the new guys know to take a look at it, and hopefully they can work something out that will make their job a lot easier.