AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

I figure now might be a good time to see exactly how my team stands. I never de-listed James Kelly either.... :-[

tbagrocks

Quote from: Rids on January 14, 2016, 06:04:09 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2016, 05:45:52 PM
Quote from: nas on January 12, 2016, 09:30:43 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on December 23, 2015, 05:52:20 PM
Nice competitive trade here with two first round draft picks going for an old gun

Tibetan Llamas: Liam Duggan + Dom Sheed
                       for
Turkish Gazelles: Jobe Watson + Brady Gray

This will hurt after 2days decision.  :(
Given this just happened, what in the case he actually retires? ???

Pretty sure Nostra questioned this trade at the time. Always a massive risk trading in a 31 year old for 2 young guns especially after what had happened last year and what was hanging over his head. It is what it is now.

Well done to the Gazelles for getting the maximum in the trade.
Say what you want but I traded two top ten draftees to get a player that may never play

Should I be suing the league or the other club or something? Or just plain bad luck to me. If I was an AFL club I could sue

Rids

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2016, 09:44:35 PM
Quote from: Rids on January 14, 2016, 06:04:09 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2016, 05:45:52 PM
Quote from: nas on January 12, 2016, 09:30:43 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on December 23, 2015, 05:52:20 PM
Nice competitive trade here with two first round draft picks going for an old gun

Tibetan Llamas: Liam Duggan + Dom Sheed
                       for
Turkish Gazelles: Jobe Watson + Brady Gray

This will hurt after 2days decision.  :(
Given this just happened, what in the case he actually retires? ???

Pretty sure Nostra questioned this trade at the time. Always a massive risk trading in a 31 year old for 2 young guns especially after what had happened last year and what was hanging over his head. It is what it is now.

Well done to the Gazelles for getting the maximum in the trade.
Say what you want but I traded two top ten draftees to get a player that may never play

Should I be suing the league or the other club or something? Or just plain bad luck to me. If I was an AFL club I could sue

Yep you sure did. 2 highly touted first round draftees for a 31 year old guy who had lost interest in footy less than 12 months ago.

I would definitely sue but might need to start at the Llama's coaching staff!  :o

PowerBug

It was common knowledge that the Bombers were being investigated so it's your own loss.

Ricochet

why won't you just go away Crowley  >:(

BB67th

An AXV important message here.

Firstly, as far as the Essendon situation goes, we are planning to do a top up draft, with AXV clubs to have the option to either draft a top up player, or choose to upgrade one of their rookie listed players for the season. This would see all clubs able to compensate for the 17 suspended players. However, we are in a bit of a wait and see period as to how quick the top up players are signed by Essendon. If it is not until mid-March that they are all signed, it could be problematic in getting AXV lists finalised.

Also, I have to announce that I intend to step down as AXV administrator. It's been great to run the competition for the last couple of seasons, but unfortunately in the coming year I will not have the time to commit to running the competition on a weekly basis, and making it the best it can be. I do intend to remain as coach of the Manila Folders. Ricochet my assistant admin does a great job, but he too lacks the time to run the competition on his own.

So, we are asking the AXV community if there are any coaches out there interested in taking over the primary administrator position of the competition. It is quite an involved position, but it is great fun, and a way to get even further involved in fantasy football. We still have a couple of months to go before the season proper starts, so there is plenty of time for a new member to come into the position and get settled. I will be more than happy to help out the new coach and show them the ropes, and show them how the weekly running of the competition functions.

So if anyone is interested, please send a short application to myself and Ric as to why you believe you should gain the position of competition admin. We will leave applications open for a week, and then make a decision. Any questions or if you would like more information, just send me a message.

nrich102

BB  :'( Cheers for your work around the comp for the last few seasons and I hope we can find a decent replacement.

nas

BB, only have come in on the end of 2015 season, thanks for all your help as Admin & Ric as well as all the other coaches that have.

As nrich says, hope we find a replacement that can carry on with the standard that you have set!

nas.

PowerBug

Forgetting to delist James Kelly has worked in my favour I guess. Picked up by the Bombers for this year.

BB67th

It's been a few days and we haven't had any applicants from within the AXV to take over the admin role yet, which is understandable as it is quite an extensive role and I realise that most people would not have the time to run a competition such as this.

Because of this, Ric and myself have decided to start to advertise the position in more areas around the FF forum to see if there is any interest. We would preferably like to see a coach of the AXV come into the role as they would be more familiar with the competition and our systems, but it would be better to have someone rather than no one if no one from within the AXV is willing to put their hand up.

That being said, we still have a bit of time before we need to make a decision, so if any AXV members have been considering taking up the position to this stage, please put your name forward and we can have a discussion about what your role would be.

Also, Ric and I are currently discussing the pending trades and will have decisions up on them hopefully later today.

Rids

One suggestion I would make is to have this comp set up in Ultimate Footy. I know BXV is doing similar and has had a couple of issues. But the difference here is that the scoring stats are already available in UF for AXV. I have attached a couple of screenshots below showing this.

What this would do is minimise the time that it would take to run the comp itself. People could also get an instant look at weekly match ups etc. Drafting, trading, banter, all the comp activities can still occur here on fanfooty in this forum and then the changes made to UF to reflect what has occurred.

BB67th

This looks interesting Rids. I don't know too much about UF myself. Would you be able to give a bit more info on how this system would work?

Ringo

Just letting you know BB the issue in British is mainly due to UF DPP v CD DPP only 13 more in UF but causing some grief. Scoring system is non issue as we can accommodate most things and Rids is helpful with sorting through.

Rids

UF is easy - here is the url

http://ultimate-footy.theage.com.au/

They will be locking this next Monday as they are refreshing the site with the 2016 data. We just set the league up with the scoring for AXV which is easy to do. Then get everyone to jump in and manage their teams as per here eg: weekly naming of teams so UF will show the progress of games mid round. UF will also have the functionality of all players and averages. Just a simple search or filter.

All the usual stuff happens here but it takes out the spreadsheets etc. UF will also work out the ladder and %s etc.

Just makes a lot of sense is all and lightens the admin workload ten fold. When it opens next week I will set up a league for AXV and then do a walk through.

nrich102

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 23, 2016, 09:17:33 PM
Does that include the ability to use 12 point goals? Hasn't in the past I believe
The screen shot Rids put up makes it look like they do, but that could be premium I guess  :-\