AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rids

Quote from: BB67th on November 24, 2015, 05:35:52 PM
Quote from: Rids on November 24, 2015, 05:23:11 PM
Sorry but shouldn't Noz have a chance to advise about his absence first? Would hate to see someone sent packing who had a serious personal issue that may have restricted his time and/or ability to be online.
Ideally it would be great if he could, but he hasn't been online in over 2 weeks and hasn't posted in 2 months. He has been sent multiple pms in that time advising him of the lodgement dates and all, but has not been in any contact to explain his absence to Ric or myself. Personally, I haven't received any contact from him since 2 months ago when he voted on our rules changes.

It became a question of how long can we wait for a coach to justify their absence. I do hope that nothing serious has gone on in Noz's life, and if it has, then I completely understand, and there are more important things in life than fantasy football. However, for the good of the competition, and especially the critical stage of the off-season that we are in now, we felt it best that we had a new coach come into the competition who can be active and keep the Gazelles as a competitive team, and not be disadvantaged in the future by not being able to take part in drafting.

Drafts can wait a few more days. That is not an issue. I would like to think a message to Monty or someone who might be able to track down an email etc should be done. This is a decision that has been made too quickly sorry. What happens if Noz has been hospitalised or had family issues etc.

I dont like it as I know I have been in certain personal situations where XV comps were the last thing on my mind. I just think this could have waited until tomorrow at the very least to see if the AFL draft tonight means Noz is back online and he can at least have a chance to explain his absence.

Nige

Quote from: upthemaidens on November 24, 2015, 05:39:41 PM
Sorry but shouldn't Noz have a chance to advise about his absence first? Would hate to see someone sent packing who had a serious personal issue that may have restricted his time and/or ability to be online.
The problem with that is that Noz may never advise of his absence.  Line has to be drawn in the sand at some stage.

Easy way to avoid this problem, all Clubs should have an assistant.

PowerBug

Quote from: upthemaidens on November 24, 2015, 05:39:41 PM
The problem with that is that Noz may never advise of his absence.  Line has to be drawn in the sand at some stage.

Easy way to avoid this problem, all Clubs should have an assistant.
Or another way of the comp being advised of any absences. I'm too much of a bossy person to get any assistant, but if anything was to happen to me I have a few contacts (namely Jayman) that will be able to advise of my unexplained absence.

GoLions

Just make him and new coach co-coaches if he had a legitimate reason?

Rids

Quote from: GoLions on November 24, 2015, 05:45:12 PM

That wont work. If I had a legitimate reason for not being online much and I found out that a decision was made like this then I wouldnt be open to continuing in the comp.

BB67th

Quote from: Rids on November 24, 2015, 05:42:01 PM
Quote from: BB67th on November 24, 2015, 05:35:52 PM
Ideally it would be great if he could, but he hasn't been online in over 2 weeks and hasn't posted in 2 months. He has been sent multiple pms in that time advising him of the lodgement dates and all, but has not been in any contact to explain his absence to Ric or myself. Personally, I haven't received any contact from him since 2 months ago when he voted on our rules changes.

It became a question of how long can we wait for a coach to justify their absence. I do hope that nothing serious has gone on in Noz's life, and if it has, then I completely understand, and there are more important things in life than fantasy football. However, for the good of the competition, and especially the critical stage of the off-season that we are in now, we felt it best that we had a new coach come into the competition who can be active and keep the Gazelles as a competitive team, and not be disadvantaged in the future by not being able to take part in drafting.

Drafts can wait a few more days. That is not an issue. I would like to think a message to Monty or someone who might be able to track down an email etc should be done. This is a decision that has been made too quickly sorry. What happens if Noz has been hospitalised or had family issues etc.

I dont like it as I know I have been in certain personal situations where XV comps were the last thing on my mind. I just think this could have waited until tomorrow at the very least to see if the AFL draft tonight means Noz is back online and he can at least have a chance to explain his absence.

A large part of our thinking in this decision was that Noz has been inactive for quite a time now. I don't mean to sound harsh in case something has occurred in his life, but he has been online on several occasions since last posting 2 months ago, but has not made a post or made a pm to explain his absence, and if he was having difficulties, he could have explained why.

I do hope that we hear from him sometime soon, and we can work things out and get him back involved with the competition in some form. Perhaps he can rejoin the Gazelles as a co-coach in the future, or join in with another club.

Nige

Quote from: Rids on November 24, 2015, 05:47:33 PM

That wont work. If I had a legitimate reason for not being online much and I found out that a decision was made like this then I wouldnt be open to continuing in the comp.
??? I don't understand this.

Just because you're not okay with it doesn't mean Noz wouldn't be. From what I know of Noz, he's a pretty relaxed and chilled out guy who likes being a coach here. Obviously something has prevented him being active, but at least he wouldn't completely lose his team if were to return, which there is no guarantee that he will. I'm sure he'd have no problem being the co-coach or assistant at the Gazelles if and/or when he returns.

JBs-Hawks

nrich102

Good work BB and Ric, made the right decision

Rids

Quote from: Nige on November 24, 2015, 05:51:41 PM
Quote from: Rids on November 24, 2015, 05:47:33 PM

??? I don't understand this.

Just because you're not okay with it doesn't mean Noz wouldn't be. From what I know of Noz, he's a pretty relaxed and chilled out guy who likes being a coach here. Obviously something has prevented him being active, but at least he wouldn't completely lose his team if were to return, which there is no guarantee that he will. I'm sure he'd have no problem being the co-coach or assistant at the Gazelles if and/or when he returns.

It is a pride thing but all good.

I have voiced my concerns which is all that I need to do. If the majority see it the other way then so be it.

tbagrocks

Would anyone want to take on the Gazelles if they have to be rivals with Tibet? ???

Or will the Crabs and Llamas finally be able to officially start there four year rivalry? ;)

Nige

I know for a fact the Llamas are too scared to rival the Elephants!

Nige

Hall and Shedwards have F/M DPP!  ;D

iZander

Quote from: Nige on December 16, 2015, 10:51:27 AM
Hall and Shedwards have F/M DPP!  ;D
They will make a great F5/6 for you ;)

Nige