AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 26, 2015, 01:35:17 PM
Welcome nas.

Hit me up if you like anything in the Taiwan team (highly unlikely).

Thanks Memp.

Nige

LF

JBs-Hawks

Australian B+F was held tonight.

3rd place: Jack Gunston

2nd place: David Armitage

1st place: Jack Steven

PowerBug

I think next season draft picks should count as list movements

DazBurg

hey gang
as some of you may know i re-hosted the FF chat onto a page
http://ffchat.wix.com/chat

what i would like is a Asia's logo to put up on the site which links to this board

Nige

With only a few days to go, any chance we can get the draft order chucked up in its thread?

BB67th

Quote from: Nige on November 20, 2015, 07:51:19 PM
With only a few days to go, any chance we can get the draft order chucked up in its thread?
Sure, I'll copy it over and unlock the draft thread so we can get a bit of discussion going.

Remember that the Official Trade Thread will have the most up to date draft order while the trade period is still open though.

BB67th

Hi everyone, an important AXV announcement here.

Many of you will have noticed that Noz has been quite inactive over the last few months, missing several team sheets throughout the season, and not being active in making any trades in the trade period just gone. This absence culminated in missing the list lodgement deadline, with no valid reason being given for why, and no contact from him in some time.

I understand that he most likely has a lot going on in life at the moment/may not have the best internet access, which could explain his recent absence from the AXV Competition, and I definitely understand that other things must take priority over a fantasy football game.

However, after a lengthy discussion between Ric and myself, we feel this absence has been too great, and is hurting both the Turkish Gazelles and the equality of the AXV Competition.

It is a requirement that we have a competition of 16 active coaches to make the work that others put in worthwhile, and for this reason, we have decided to remove Noz from his position as head coach of the Turkish Gazelles, and we will be looking for a new coach to take over as his replacement. A thread will be going up shortly for others to nominate, and will be open for a period of a couple of days before we have a vote.

This is not a decision we took lightly, or wanted to take, but missing several team sheets throughout the season, not being active at all throughout the trade period, missing the list lodgement deadline, not being online for almost 2 weeks now and not posting at all on the forums in 2 months was enough for us to feel that we require someone new to take over.

Hopefully Noz can find himself back online regularly in due time and rejoin the AXV Competition, I know we'd love to have him back, and I have appreciated his contributions as coach of the Gazelles over your several years in the competition.

We also had Memph miss the list lodgement deadline, however he has had major difficulties getting internet access in recent times due to changes in his life, and missed the deadline by just over a day.

The rules do state that this would see both the Gazelles and Dolphins lose their draft picks. However, on reviewing this rule I find it to be quite harsh for both teams. In the case of Memph, he did intend to make his list lodgement and his circumstances in life dictated he could not. As for the Gazelles, I feel it would be unfair to penalise a new coach so harshly by removing them from the draft when they have just taken over control of a new club.

This is an unprecedented situation, as we have not had a team miss a list lodgement deadline before, so this penalty has never come into effect in the past.

I propose that this penalty not be imposed at this time, and that the Dolphins can delist and draft as normal, as well as the Gazelles once a new coach is found. I do understand that this is changing our rules, which I am normally staunchly against, however in this unprecedented situation, I feel the penalty is simply too great and disadvantages these teams unfairly. However, I welcome the feedback of other coaches into this matter over the coming days as we find a new coach for the Gazelles to see if this is seen as fair across the board. If we have multiple teams objecting, I am happy to send it to a vote to see what course of action should be taken.

As the Gazelles have pick 6 in the national draft, this means that our draft will likely be delayed a couple of days. This is not ideal, but I feel it is only fair to have a new coach in the competition to draft for the Gazelles.

I welcome any discussion over this matter, but as always, please keep it civilized and polite. I realise this is quite an extreme circumstance for the competition to experience, and I would like to see it resolved in a way that benefits the competition as a whole.

Thanks everyone

Nige

I think this is terribly unfortunate, but the admins have handled it well and made the correct decision I believe. I look forward to see who the new coach is and welcoming them to the comp.

Jay

Quote from: Nige on November 24, 2015, 04:43:50 PM
I think this is terribly unfortunate, but the admins have handled it well and made the correct decision I believe. I look forward to see who the new coach is and welcoming them to the comp.

BB67th

I have set up the thread for the vacant position. It can be found here:

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,105139.0.html

Please encourage any of your assistant coaches or others on the forum you feel would be interested in joining our comp to apply!

Rids

Sorry but shouldn't Noz have a chance to advise about his absence first? Would hate to see someone sent packing who had a serious personal issue that may have restricted his time and/or ability to be online.

BB67th

Quote from: Rids on November 24, 2015, 05:23:11 PM
Sorry but shouldn't Noz have a chance to advise about his absence first? Would hate to see someone sent packing who had a serious personal issue that may have restricted his time and/or ability to be online.
Ideally it would be great if he could, but he hasn't been online in over 2 weeks and hasn't posted in 2 months. He has been sent multiple pms in that time advising him of the lodgement dates and all, but has not been in any contact to explain his absence to Ric or myself. Personally, I haven't received any contact from him since 2 months ago when he voted on our rules changes.

It became a question of how long can we wait for a coach to justify their absence. I do hope that nothing serious has gone on in Noz's life, and if it has, then I completely understand, and there are more important things in life than fantasy football. However, for the good of the competition, and especially the critical stage of the off-season that we are in now, we felt it best that we had a new coach come into the competition who can be active and keep the Gazelles as a competitive team, and not be disadvantaged in the future by not being able to take part in drafting.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Rids on November 24, 2015, 05:23:11 PM
The problem with that is that Noz may never advise of his absence.  Line has to be drawn in the sand at some stage.

Easy way to avoid this problem, all Clubs should have an assistant.