AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

Quote from: PowerBug on February 03, 2015, 01:28:52 PM
I'm not paying any money. I will sign up to UF only if I can get the scores we need off of it, otherwise I'm happy to work out my own scores myself each week.

Jay

Quote from: Noz on February 03, 2015, 02:16:10 PM
I'm not paying any money. I will sign up to UF only if I can get the scores we need off of it, otherwise I'm happy to work out my own scores myself each week.

tbagrocks

There is one very basic solution here, I also do not allow my bank card details online ::)

But, how hard is it for each Team to calculate there scores for each player weekly? Flog, most of us actually do it anyway! ;)

To make sure nobody cheats, a Coach simply needs to check their opponents score occasionally  ;)

nrich102

Quote from: Jayman on February 03, 2015, 02:28:41 PM
Quote from: Noz on February 03, 2015, 02:16:10 PM

Nige

JBs-Hawks

Noz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 03, 2015, 08:51:45 PM
Tight arses
Why? because we would rather do something we could do for free, Then pay money to do it?

Its not exactly rocket science getting the scores yourself.

PowerBug

Tight arses
Noz kinda summed it up, but I'll try to be a little nicer to you ;)

I signed up to coach because it was a fun thing to do on FanFooty with FanFooty members. It's not something I would pay to play, and ideally I'd like it to stay on FanFooty as much as possible.

I think I would be able to handle doing my own scores each week. I'll just set up a spreadsheet and enter the stat numbers each week. And then handpick a few players from my opposition team to make sure they aren't cheating. And then I'm happy enough :)

BB67th

We won't need to worry about paying for any options. Me and Ric are nearing the end of our discussions for what course we are going to take, and it definitely won't be a paying option that we go with.

At this stage it also looks like we will be able to sort out scores by ourselves, so other coaches won't need to worry about that either.

We should have all the details worked out by tomorrow, so we will let you know then how we are going to move forward :)

Rids

I have chatted to Ultimate Footy and they can manually set the value of goals to 12 points.

Not sure why people are worried about paying $$$ as I can sort it out where we wont be.

All we need to do is forward on our league ID and they will change it for us.

Rids

Quote from: PowerBug on February 03, 2015, 09:41:40 PM
Tight arses
Noz kinda summed it up, but I'll try to be a little nicer to you ;)

I signed up to coach because it was a fun thing to do on FanFooty with FanFooty members. It's not something I would pay to play, and ideally I'd like it to stay on FanFooty as much as possible.

I think I would be able to handle doing my own scores each week. I'll just set up a spreadsheet and enter the stat numbers each week. And then handpick a few players from my opposition team to make sure they aren't cheating. And then I'm happy enough :)

Why wouldn't the comp continue here? The idea is to set up the league with the same points in UF so the admins can monitor the teams scoring etc without having to spend hours in doing so.

All the discussion, trades and team announcements would be occurring here. Actually nothing would change with the exception of using Ultimate Footy site to get the scores rather than the disposed Sportal site.

PowerBug

Memphistopheles

For the record. If we did need to upgrade the league I'd be willing to pay for all those who weren't willing to. It's only like $30 or $40 in total. I'd rather pay for everyone than have the whole league fold.

But, it looks like our issue will be fixed anyway.

BB67th

Alright everyone, so after looking at all of our available options, Ric and I have decided that we will not be going down the Ultimate Footy path.

As we would only be using it to get scores from, we've decided that it will be easier to set up our own spreadsheets which can easily calculate scores by simply copying and pasting stats into them.

So the bottom line for this is, nothing will have to change for the week to week running of the competition for the coaches, things will continue as normal on the forum.

I would like to thanks Rids for investigating the Ultimate Footy option for us a bit further too, I appreciate your work there mate.

Memphistopheles

I'd be interested in doing an Ultimate Footy league with Sportsbet style scoring though if anyone is interested for a bit of fun.

I don't mind setting it up - we'd just need 8-10 coaches who are keen. Can fit in more if more people are keen.

Let me know if there is the interest and I'll create a league.