AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: whatlez on October 23, 2014, 03:06:22 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 23, 2014, 03:04:15 PM
Quote from: whatlez on October 23, 2014, 03:01:31 PM
I don't give a shower where Hibberd goes. I just don't like the inconsistent calls being made. Seems like favourites are always on the beneficial side of everthing. We should of just respected BB's decision instead this committee that no one voted to put in, in the first place.

I don't get how 14 coaches are against a trade then 3 randoms on a committee think the trades are fair. Are they familiar of the scoring or how much more valuable defenders in this game.
I'm fairly sure these '3 randoms' that you're referring to are the admins of the other three XVs comps.
Randoms when it comes to knowing the scoring system... Make a proper response instead of trying to be cheeky ::)
Not trying to be cheeky. Based on what you said, I assumed you didn't know who they were.

Do you know for a fact that they don't know the scoring system?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nige on October 23, 2014, 03:08:14 PM
I don't give a shower where Hibberd goes. I just don't like the inconsistent calls being made. Seems like favourites are always on the beneficial side of everthing. We should of just respected BB's decision instead this committee that no one voted to put in, in the first place.

I don't get how 14 coaches are against a trade then 3 randoms on a committee think the trades are fair. Are they familiar of the scoring or how much more valuable defenders in this game.
I'm fairly sure these '3 randoms' that you're referring to are the admins of the other three XVs comps.
Randoms when it comes to knowing the scoring system... Make a proper response instead of trying to be cheeky ::)
Not trying to be cheeky. Based on what you said, I assumed you didn't know who they were.

I wouldn't say it's in their top 3 and that's a guarantee.

Nige

Quote from: whatlez on October 23, 2014, 03:09:13 PM
Wait, so because the SB scoring system isn't in 'their top 3', that's supposed to mean they don't know the scoring system?

How does that even make any sense?

nostradamus

How can you guarantee it if you dont know?

You might well be right, but on the other hand...........

Justin Bieber

Quote from: nostradamus on October 23, 2014, 03:19:27 PM

Ossie knows his DT and SC. He also played British for a year and came like 5th in sportal this year. Holz doesn't know anything about British and Asian comps, but he was part of drafting in British. And Ringo is DT and SC and British Admin. There you go. On the other hand Sportsbet is my #1

nostradamus

Quote from: whatlez on October 23, 2014, 03:29:19 PM

Ossie knows his DT and SC. He also played British for a year and came like 5th in sportal this year. Holz doesn't know anything about British and Asian comps, but he was part of drafting in British. And Ringo is DT and SC and British Admin. There you go. On the other hand Sportsbet is my #1

all of that's fine, but in no way addresses whether they are involved with or understand SB

Nige

Quote from: nostradamus on October 23, 2014, 03:36:52 PM

all of that's fine, but in no way addresses whether they are involved with or understand SB

Justin Bieber

Not saying they don't know. They know other comps better and their judgement would be clouded by the other comp scoring systems.

nostradamus

Quote from: whatlez on October 23, 2014, 04:51:42 PM

Not saying they don't know. They know other comps better and their judgement would be clouded by the other comp scoring systems.

Rubbish ........ give them more credit than that man  ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: nostradamus on October 23, 2014, 05:01:34 PM

NEVER!!! I am always right >:) (evil smile not working?)

BB67th

Quote from: whatlez on October 23, 2014, 05:02:40 PM

They may not have the greatest understanding of the competition, but our board does get all the relevant scoring information relating to each individual trade, and they also have at least a basic understanding of the scoring system and what worth different positions carry.

Noz

Quote from: BB67th on October 23, 2014, 05:18:18 PM
Quote from: whatlez on October 23, 2014, 05:02:40 PM

They may not have the greatest understanding of the competition, but our board does get all the relevant scoring information relating to each individual trade, and they also have at least a basic understanding of the scoring system and what worth different positions carry.

But shouldnt the panel be a selection of coaches who are apart of this comp its like getting an all NRL board to approve an AFL trade.

Bill Manspeaker

Nige

Quote from: Noz on October 23, 2014, 07:52:13 PM
But shouldnt the panel be a selection of coaches who are apart of this comp its like getting an all NRL board to approve an AFL trade.
The whole point is for them to look at it objectively having no affiliation or bias to any team.

kilbluff1985