AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopKicka

Quote from: nostradamus on October 04, 2014, 08:56:09 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 04, 2014, 06:41:50 PM
Quote from: Nails on October 04, 2014, 06:38:12 PM
#5 - Bye Rounds
A) AXV teams play every round regardless of byes (Current Setting)
B) AXV teams do not play during the bye rounds

r u fuks srs
This surprised me a lot.

me too ......... no idea why anyone would vote for it to stay as it was

I did.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: KoopKicka on October 04, 2014, 09:38:30 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on October 04, 2014, 08:56:09 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 04, 2014, 06:41:50 PM
Quote from: Nails on October 04, 2014, 06:38:12 PM
#5 - Bye Rounds
A) AXV teams play every round regardless of byes (Current Setting)
B) AXV teams do not play during the bye rounds

r u fuks srs
This surprised me a lot.

me too ......... no idea why anyone would vote for it to stay as it was

I did.

Same here.

I like how it can allow for upsets - adds a bit of unpredictability to the seasons and gives weaker teams a chance to win some weeks when otherwise they would have no chance.

Justin Bieber

Yeah teams with depth get rewarded. Teams with only 15 good players get punished and deservedly

Jroo

Quote from: whatlez on October 05, 2014, 11:24:20 AM
Yeah teams with depth get rewarded. Teams with only 15 good players get punished and deservedly

nostradamus

The Crabs did well during the byes (so this isnt motivated by self interest), but that doesnt alter the fact that l dont think it's good that we play during them.
For 3 weeks games are played with teams that are very very different from the week to week matches in our league ........ which l think could potentially undermine the finals hopes of some teams given the wrong set of circumstances.
**I dont think it remotely reflects the way things are in the AFL either.

Ricochet

I voted to keep it the same just to keep it simple for BB and creates a bit more excitement with upsets. But not really fussed

Nige

Quote from: nostradamus on October 05, 2014, 12:05:50 PM
The Crabs did well during the byes (so this isnt motivated by self interest), but that doesnt alter the fact that l dont think it's good that we play during them.
For 3 weeks games are played with teams that are very very different from the week to week matches in our league ........ which l think could potentially undermine the finals hopes of some teams given the wrong set of circumstances.
This is how I see it as well.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: nostradamus on October 05, 2014, 12:05:50 PM

Any team good enough to win the flag should be finishing Top 4 anyway so one, two or even three losses (highly doubtful as most teams have their good players stacked in one by round) shouldn't affect them.

If a team misses the 8 because of it then unlucky but 1) Perhaps they should have better depth and 2) They probably weren't winning the flag anyway.

Also it encourages teams not to stack up on players from one team (usually the one they support) which I like as well.

tbagrocks

Jimmy Toumpas, the greatest according to many going back three years when he won a final for the Eagles

Times change and yes, every South Australian wanted Jimmy the Gun on their list

But a new world order has come and that order is. The Crabs v the Llamas

Crabs v Llamas is the biggest rivalry since the XVs began, time is now for us to compete as rivals

ANYONE WHO CANT SEE THE CRABS V LLAMAS BEING GOOD FOR THHE AXV AS A FORCE FOR THE OTHER PATHETIC XV COMMPS

Doesn't know their history

nostradamus

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 12, 2014, 11:37:38 PM
Jimmy Toumpas, the greatest according to many going back three years when he won a final for the Eagles

Crabs v Llamas is the biggest rivalry since the XVs began, time is now for us to compete as rivals

ANYONE WHO CANT SEE THE CRABS V LLAMAS BEING GOOD FOR THHE AXV AS A FORCE FOR THE OTHER PATHETIC XV COMMPS

l always said you a man of superior intellect  :P

Nige

Quote from: nostradamus on October 13, 2014, 09:06:42 AM

l always said you a man of superior intellect  :P
Don't encourage him.  :P

Justin Bieber

I didn't even know that the crabs had rivals. I thought they got a bye during the rival weeks??

Jroo

Quote from: whatlez on October 13, 2014, 01:32:55 PM

I didn't even know that the crabs had rivals. I thought they got a bye during the rival weeks??

Bill Manspeaker

Llamas can get Crabs, but Crabs can't get Llamas

JBs-Hawks