AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Ales Best and Fairest tomorrow night. Whos your top 3? Whos our best u23 player?

JBs-Hawks

Justin Bieber

Adamant

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 01, 2014, 09:29:29 PM
Ales Best and Fairest tomorrow night. Whos your top 3? Whos our best u23 player?

1. Hodge
2. Jones
3. Jaensch/Shuey

Best U23 Player: Gunston

Ricochet

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 01, 2014, 09:29:29 PM
1. NJones
2. Gunston
3. Mumford

U23 Gunston

BB67th

First off, I'd like to apologise for not being on much the last few days. I've been quite busy so I haven't had a chance yet to respond to trade pm's and trade approval, but I will try and get around to it tonight.

And also, we have the results from our rules voting here. The bolded and red options are the ones selected by the competition as a majority. Everything was voted to keep with the current setting, except for the LTI.

#1 - Long Term Injury List
A) Only players who are placed on their AFL clubs LTI may be placed on an AXV LTI (Current Setting)
B) Players who are sacked or retire with immediate effect in the middle of an AFL season may be placed on an AXV LTI
C) Players who are injured for 8 or more weeks may be placed on an AXV LTI as long as they are still listed to be 8 weeks away from returning from injury when placed on the LTI (8 weeks is the minimum amount for AFL players to be placed on LTI)
D) Players who are sacked, retire with immediate effect or have an injury for 8 or more weeks may be placed on an AXV LTI (Combination of Options C & D)

#2 - Home Ground Advantage
A) 3% of total team score (Current Setting)
B) 4% of total team score
C) Double the score of the lowest scoring player, before any bonuses have been applied
D) Double the score of the lowest scoring player, after any bonuses have been applied

#3 - The Draw
A) Every team plays each other team once - the remaining games are randomly generated (Current Setting)
B) Every team plays each other team once - the remaining games are based on the previous season's ladder position

#4 - Team Rivalries
A) Each team plays their rivals in rivalry round - if they play twice is up to the nature of the draw (Current Setting)
B) Each team plays their rivals in rivalry round and on one other occasion throughout the season

#5 - Bye Rounds
A) AXV teams play every round regardless of byes (Current Setting)
B) AXV teams do not play during the bye rounds

#6 - Naming ineligible players (rookie listed players not eligible for senior games or players from another club)
A) Naming ineligible players is the same as naming a player who did not play - Normal Emergency Rules apply (Current Setting)
B) The emergency that covers an ineligible player has their score halved, including any other penalties
C) Naming an ineligible player will result in a 0 for that position, with no emergency cover

#7 - Penalties for not naming a team
A) 1st offence = warning, 2nd offence = 100 points penalty, 3rd offence = Loss of 2 premiership points, 4th offence = potential sacking (Current Setting)
B) 1st offence = warning, 2nd offence = Loss of 2 premiership points, 3rd offence = potential sacking

#8 - Emergency Cover
A) If a team has a player not play, with no emergencies playing to cover him, they receive a 0 (Current Setting)
B) If a team has a player not play, with no emergencies playing to cover him, they receive 25% of the next player on their team list who has played (This would require teams to rank their team lists before the season begins)

#9 - OOP Rucks
A) Out of position players who play in the ruck receive 50% of their score (Current Setting)
B) Out of position players who play in the ruck receive 50% of their score plus an extra 3% for every cm the player is above 190cm (E.g. ale Hooker - (197cm). As Hooker is 7cm above 190cm his OOP ruck weighting would be 50%+(7*3=21) = 71%)

Noz

lol each week through the season the majority of this comp wanted to change the rules to benefit themselves now nothing is changed

Nige

Quote from: Noz on October 04, 2014, 11:38:42 AM
lol each week through the season the majority of this comp wanted to change the rules to benefit themselves now nothing is changed

Justin Bieber

Jroo

Quote from: whatlez on October 04, 2014, 06:15:41 PM
#1 has changed
Haha yeah, the only one that did change is the one everyone was complaining about, wasn't it?
I can remember anyone else complaining about any other rule change?

Nails

#5 - Bye Rounds

r u fuks srs

Nige

Quote from: Nails on October 04, 2014, 06:38:12 PM
#5 - Bye Rounds

r u fuks srs
This surprised me a lot.

Rusty00

Quote from: Nige on October 04, 2014, 06:41:50 PM
#5 - Bye Rounds

r u fuks srs
This surprised me a lot.
This was needs some more options/discussion I think. I voted for 1 because although not a massive fan of the current setup I didn't want to not play at all over the bye rounds.

nostradamus

#5 - Bye Rounds

r u fuks srs
This surprised me a lot.

me too ......... no idea why anyone would vote for it to stay as it was

Nige

Quote from: nostradamus on October 04, 2014, 08:56:09 PM
#5 - Bye Rounds

r u fuks srs
This surprised me a lot.

me too ......... no idea why anyone would vote for it to stay as it was
I don't see why the system used in Worlds and BXVs can't be used, works well there.

2 games over the three bye weeks.