AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

The most up to date team lists can now be found in the Supplementary Drafts and Delistings thread.

Once these final drafts have taken place, I will be asking teams to shuffle their lists into their desired order in case an extra player is needed outside of your XVIII on match day as an emergency fill in.

After this, I will set up a new team lists thread.

Nails

Quote from: BB67th on February 22, 2014, 02:21:12 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on February 22, 2014, 01:59:20 PM
Quote from: BB67th on February 20, 2014, 07:10:54 PM
I can access my Sportsbet team now, though it is still last year's team up there.

That is an improvement on what it was last week, when clicking on the AFL link just re-directed you to the previous page. I will see if I can get in contact to find out if it is still running this year.
Apparently SB will open in the next 2 weeks.  Better late than never.
I suppose that as long as it is open for the start of the season, it will be fine.

It's not late though. This is how sportsbet does it like every season only 1-2 weeks before the AFL season starts. They're lazy.

tbagrocks

Mr Pittard starts to show his ability ;D

Nige

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 25, 2014, 08:21:29 PM
Mr Pittard starts to show his ability ;D
Pity the same can't be said for John Butcher.

Ricochet

Has anyone got any suggestions on what we should do for the Preseason GF if stats aren't released for the praccy matches?

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on March 06, 2014, 11:35:24 AM
Has anyone got any suggestions on what we should do for the Preseason GF if stats aren't released for the praccy matches?
Flip a coin!  :P

ossie85

Worlds are giving it to the highest scoring Semi-Finalist

Ricochet

We could even use round 1 scores

Noz

BB67th

Alright everyone, season starts this week and I've been thinking of how we can have the best comp possible. Here's what I have planned so far.

- Colliwobblers Medal - Brownlow Medal style voting based on AXV matches. I have a secret formula that I will be using to calculate votes. This will be announced on the awards night.

- Same awards as last year - This will include the Team of the Year (not sure if Toga wants to run this again), Rising Star (again if Toga would like to again run it), Asia Trophy (minor premiership winner), Wooden Chopstick (Spoon), Golden Dragon (highest team score for a single round), Golden Tater (lowest averaging player), Jade Ring (highest individual player score), Golden Buddha (highest team score for season) and Oriental Medal (highest player average over season)

- If anyone has any awards they would like added, please do not hesitate to ask, the more the merrier

- With the way I plan to set things up, I should be able to run a reserves competition alongside the main game. The easiest way to run it would be that your reserves play the reserves of your regular opponent for the round. Every player not in your named XVIII that plays will score for you. HGA applies. There will be no posting of individual scores for this too much work, only totals.

- I can see the reserves comp running side by side nicely with the main competition. Please let me know what you think about this idea so we can see how it can work in the season proper.

Hope everyone is ready for a big season of AXV!!!

BB67th

I feel there is a distinct lack of banter with tbag being banned at the moment. In his absence I shall carry on.

Looking forward to an easy first round win over the Eskimos. We'll just treat the game as another pre-season run before the main competition begins. ;)

Nige

Noz

Rename the wooden spoon award the "Wooden Llama" no other club is in danger of receiving the wooden soon apart from Tibet.

Ricochet

I dunno, the Gazelles might give them a run for their money ;)
#woodengazelle

Toga

All looks good BB! Definitely keen to see a reserves comp up and running 8)

Unfortunately I will not be able to run any awards this season due to studies & other commitments though. :(