AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Noz

People over in worlds changing their names left right and centre. People in Britian changing their club names left right and centre.

Welcome to Asia where everything stays the same

Memphistopheles

Yep, just like before Terlich is still available.

Haven't received an offer that I like enough to accept yet. If I don't then I'll be happy to keep him on the books.

Noz

I had a dream melbourne faced hawthorn in the first round and at half time melbourne were winning by 60 points and to make it even more stranger Matthew Stokes was playing for melbourne and he kicked 6 goals i was angry because i left him out of my round 1 xv team.

Toga

With NVB going down for 6+ months with a ruptured achilles it looks like Cam O'Shea might be jumping off of our rookie list sooner than we expected - bad news for van Berlo but O'Shea will look pretty on the senior list :)

upthemaidens

Quote from: Jayman on January 09, 2014, 11:17:36 PM
Quote from: Noz on January 09, 2014, 10:38:38 PM
2 days without a post?

#PoorformAsia.
I'll liven it up a bit, Noz :)

2nd year running defender, Brett Goodes is on the trade table. After putting up 103ppg in his first year, he has backed it up by winning the Bulldogs 2km time trial recently. If you're interested, make me an offer!
bump

Memphistopheles

After some discussion with a mate who is a Melbourne fan and not being completely happy with the offers on the table for Terlich we've decided that we are going to keep him even though we really do need another midfielder.

This means our trade period involvement is over (we just have one player to pick up in the compo draft) so here's how the Dolphins 2014 season would go in an ideal world (by position). Tried to make them realistic goals - so not everyone fires, becomes a gun and we win the flag.

Defence: Terlich and Vlastuin keep up, or slightly improves on, their 2013 form. Guthrie and Tuohy breakout and become premium, or on the cusp of premuim, defenders. Sutcliffe, Colquhoun, Hutchins and the Wright brothers (not really :P) establish themselves as best 22 players in their respective teams. Cutler, J Kolo and Langford get a taste of AFL football.

Midfield: Bennell and Coniglio break out and score at a premium level, Rosa gets back to his 2012 form and stays healthy, Williams, Lester and Stringer establish themselves in their teams and the rookies get a taste of AFL football (Garlett more than the others).

Ruck: Kreuzer plays every game, Derickx gets game time at Sydney and Wood doesn't ever have to come off the rookie list.

Forwards: Rioli, Winderlich and Gumbleton stay injury free, Betts returns to his 2010-2012 form at his new club, Dickson, Boyd, Campbell and Murdoch establish themselves as best 22 in their respective teams. The rookies getting game time would be good but barring injury we can afford to given them another season to develop.

In terms of ladder position anything other than the wooden spoon we will count as a success. Absolute realistic best case scenario I think this season is us not finishing in the bottom four.

Interested to hear from other coaches on what they would like to see from their teams this year in a best case scenario. Some coaches would obviously want to win it all, others are like me and just want to see development (or injury free) years from their players.

Ricochet

I know its well over due... but the KL Crocs F&B wrap is up  :)

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,72574.msg1210124.html#msg1210124

Cleaned up a bit of the front page as well

Noz

Is there any plans to have another CW Cap this year?

To do something different we should have 2 groups/divisions/conferences whatever you want to call them and the 2 winners of their group face each other for the cap.

Toga

Yeah I'd be keen to have a preseason comp again Noz :)

Btw the Lambs are on the look out for a forward at the moment - let me know if you have one available for trade via PM!

Jay

We're still taking offers for Brett Goodes...

Ricochet

Very keen on the preseason comp again

Jroo

I'm keen too, looking forward to go back to back  8)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Noz on January 22, 2014, 01:28:37 PM

To do something different we should have 2 groups/divisions/conferences whatever you want to call them and the 2 winners of their group face each other for the cap.

You running it :)

Noz

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 22, 2014, 07:15:22 PM
Quote from: Noz on January 22, 2014, 01:28:37 PM

You running it :)

Wait im running it?