AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Well even if I keep Hunt, Jolly, Bourke, Wright, Hardingham and Dell'Olio I still need to pick up 13 players in the draft.

However, I already have 16 picks so that shouldn't really be an issue. Pick 92 NAT and rookie and Pick 76 in NAT or rookie won't be used.

Are there any other teams who will be picking this late into the draft?

I don't think anyone should have to use the compo picks to get players because they didn't have enough picks.

Colliwobblers

remembering the 6th round of nat picks and rook picks may not exist. as per pick order post on front page of this thread.

but the end of rook draft compo picks for those needing them are unlimited.

Memphistopheles

And Josh Hunt signs with the Giants which means he keeps his spot at the Dolphins next season, though probably just as a depth player.

Colliwobblers

ANNOUNCEMENT

This announcement has been coming for a week now, it has been planned for a couple of months, it is neither my original plan to take on an assistant administrator, nor my most recent plan to hand over to a new administrator.

I have decided to stay on as the AXVS Administrator, done too much work and enjoy it too much to just walk away. That said I need a partner, the workload is at times overwhelming and as it is there is much improvement we can make to improve this competition for all involved.

I cannot achieve that alone.

So, I have decided to make an executive decision, normally these things would be voted on by all AXVS coaches, however in this case I feel it is an appointment better made by the administrator than by a community vote, and feel confident making it knowing the character of the person involved and the general consensus on him within our community.

That said if anyone has serious reservations or wishes to NOT accept this decision please feel free to PM me to discuss your concerns which will be completely confidential. If there are enough concerned coaches or coaches against this I will have to go to a vote. I do not expect that to be the case.

I had a couple of applicants for the assistant administrator position when I announced some time ago I wanted one, they were all quality people i highly respect, however what I require from the person in the role I am about to announce is significant time consuming commitment to the competition and a lot of work, which is why I have decided to go with the person I have.

I will remain if you like in ultimate control of the AXVS competition, even though that is a pretty empty title given any major decisions or changes always go through a coach vote anyway (except this one).

However I have decided to take on a CO - ADMINISTRATOR, a joint administrator that in all ways will be the administrator as I have been along with me now.

So there will be two of us running things both as full administrators.

I have requested moderator permissions for the new co-administrator from m0nty and now just have to wait for him to receive my msg and arrange it for me.

The person I have appointed is BB67th.

Please show your support for him in his new role, it is a big task he has taken on and a big responsibility and a LOT of work.

And as I said if there is anyone with any concerns or otherwise please PM me ASAP to discuss this is a competition which I have always valued and gone to the coaches for their opinions and votes, however there are times executive and decisive decisions are required and i felt this was one of those times, this role was not to be awarded based on a popularity contest, and to have multiple candidates go to a peer vote, to me where there would have been winners and losers would have been poor form and not have sat well with me.

Still I am open to feedback on the appointment it is an important one, but I feel it is a wise one and one that will greatly benefit AXVS going forward.

Jroo

Congrats BB, I'm sure you will do a great job and good to see Colli sticking around.

specky92

No complaints here, Welcome BB! I look forward to the duo of Colli67th running this competition!

Jay

Quote from: specky92 on October 24, 2013, 08:01:20 PM
No complaints here, Welcome BB! I look forward to the duo of Colli67th running this competition!
I thought it was the BBwobblers? ;)

But seriously, good on you for sticking around Colli and I'm sure BB will do a great job in helping you out. Here's to an even better AXV comp!

BB67th

Thanks JROO.

I'd like to thank Colli for allowing me to join him as co-admin. I was upset as anyone when he decided to step down earlier, but I am really pleased now that he has decided to stay on and I look forward to working with him.

I realise that this role will require a lot of time and effort from me, and I am prepared to do that as I think we run the best XV competition over here in Asia, and we can only make it better.

I hope everyone is happy with my appointment, and if there are any questions about it, just ask me or Colli.

I'm looking forward to getting more involved with the competition, and I can't wait to get stuck into it all!

Nige

Congrats BB, good luck with it mate.  8)

Memphistopheles

No complaints here - congrats to BB67th, good to hear you're staying on Collie and let's keep making this comp the best XV's one around!

PS - Bonus list movements for all given the news :D?

JJ.

Toga

Stoked that you've decided to stay Colli, and I think you've made a great choice in appointing BB - I'm sure the comp will be better than ever now!

P.S. I like BBwobblers ;)

BB67th

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

And I do like the sound of BBwobblers, has a nice ring to it :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: BB67th on October 24, 2013, 08:34:53 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

And I do like the sound of BBwobblers, has a nice ring to it :P
No way I was letting Mr CW step down! Now a new chapter in Asia!  BBwabblers :P

So, does this mean the two of you discuss trades proposed?

nrich102

IM with the admin in BXV and now AXV :o You want me at the club :P Congrats BB

Colliwobblers

the trade guidelines won't change mid trade period but yes BB will have to agree to everything trades, things to put to the coaches for votes new things removing existing things.

as i said it is not an assistants role BB will be running a lot of aspects of things day to day and throughout, whatever either of us does the other one will know about but a lot of things i foresee being done by one or the other of us.

there is much to be done, i can maintain what we have, but that does not seem enough, improvements and additions need to be made.

and thanks for your support tbag, i think an MVP award for next season may have to be introduced and a backdated award given out for the 2013 season.

MVP being most active involved and supportive member of the competition, and i have my own personal favourite for this season, tho BB will now have to agree :)

actually all coaches would have to agree i think it must be an award by vote this one ...