AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

the new mod will be 100% aware of the standard and duties required, and i would be here to help but in the end one mod is the only way to go someone has to run things.

besides if someone else we all respect amongst wants a go at it why not, i don't own AXVS we all do. I just run it. anyone committed enough and with time enough can do it.

depending on my applicants and what Os thinks i can always be an assistant and the new person can be in charge and run things but i can still moderate and be an assistant just to help out with getting things done on the forum.

my concern is that if my account can be hacked into and someone wants to do that to me, then as a moderator they can pretty much do anything in this thread, change and remove anything and everything.

that's what has bothered me so much.

no difference a new mod same thing can happen to them, but this was obviously personal, whoever did it did it to me and just modified my posts to make me look like a fool/rude with what i was posting.

elephants

It'd be good if we could find out who the hacker is, ban them, and go on as normal :-\

KoopKicka

Quote from: elephants on October 19, 2013, 04:09:48 PM
It'd be good if we could find out who the hacker is, ban them, and go on as normal :-\

this, Id consider quitting if Colli wasnt in charge.

Capper

wtf is going on???

just read the latest. What a prick whomever it was

Jroo

I'd hate to see you to go Colli, I couldn't imagine AXVs without you, you've done a great job  :(

Memphistopheles

I agree with all the sentiment here - you've been a great admin/mod for the Asians.

Easily the best XV's comp.

I definitely don't have time to be the mod but I am online almost every day and don't mind giving you or a new mod a hand if they need it.

Colliwobblers

we are almost there, news to come soon, new admin may want an assistant, has to get voted in first and i need to clear it with os before even the AXVS coaches can vote on it.

I would plan to stay involved in the running of it underneath him until the start of the 2014 season then step down completely.

I will keep my team and involved, and if it ever got too much for him i would take over again, if suitable other applicants did not apply at that time.

we have to be VERY particular of who runs this comp or it could all go to shower.

i have no concerns of that happening with who i am proposing putting forward.

but the last thing i will be doing as admin will be making a rule that at any time if the majority of coached vote to remove the mod due to incompetence abuse or anything else serious this can be done and a new mod can be elected.

kind of goes without saying, but needs to be a safeguard to maintain the quality of the comp and as i always say the comp belongs to the coaches not the admin.

i think i have done a decent job, surely room for improvement tho and a new set of hands on the reigns may bring subtle improvements and make our comp even better.

KoopKicka

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 19, 2013, 04:53:59 PM
we have to be VERY particular of who runs this comp or it could all go to shower.

Thats why we put you in charge CW. I dont think I could cope with any other Moderator tbh. None of us wouldve joined this comp in the first place if we didnt trust you or like what you were doing. :/

Colliwobblers

your very sweet Koop but all will be well :)

Toga

Haven't really kept up with a lot of what's going on over te last month but this seems like a real shame and whoever is responsible for making Colli feel this way I hope they're proud of themselves. Way to ruin a good thing.

Colli, you do a fantastic job running this comp, and it'll be a real shame to see you leave your admin position, but I understand why you're a bit dissatisfied with what's happened and do not blame you at all. Really hope the competition will be able to continue as normal without your hard work.

Justin Bieber

How do I get Jesse White off the rookie list ?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on October 20, 2013, 12:16:05 PM
How do I get Jesse White off the rookie list ?

promote him , delist him, or trade him :)

you can use a late nat draft  pick you have to promote him but you have to have a spot on your senior list for him, including enough spots for the nat draft picks you want to use to pick players.

Justin Bieber

So if I have a spud on my senior list I delist, White can get promoted without using a Nat pick? Same applies with Matt White

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on October 20, 2013, 12:37:20 PM
So if I have a spud on my senior list I delist, White can get promoted without using a Nat pick? Same applies with Matt White

no you have to use a nat pick to promote your rookies to vacant spots on your senior list.

so say you had 8 spots on your snr list and the below picks you might do this

nat picks

5 - player
21 - player
28 - player
39 - player
42 - player
52 - player
73 - promote rookie
91 - promote rookie

Justin Bieber

Hmm what if I have no spots left on main list? Lol. Can input Nat picks on the rookie list?