AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Pity the Folders folded at the final page  :(

Great year though, will check later!

BB67th

Is there any word on how a team qualifies for next year's Champions League yet?

tbagrocks

Posting just because the WXV are now pulling away from us :-[

Colliwobblers

Quote from: BB67th on September 18, 2013, 07:19:16 PM

no i have asked holz but no real clues as yet.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 18, 2013, 08:07:49 PM

Top four was my understanding, making 16 for the CL

Jay

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 18, 2013, 08:30:40 PM

So if a team won it from 5th, they wouldn't make the CL? :O

BB67th

Quote from: Jayman on September 18, 2013, 08:31:20 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 18, 2013, 08:30:40 PM

So if a team won it from 5th, they wouldn't make the CL? :O
That is where the whole debate is. Some say it should be top 4, those that make it to the prelims, or the top 4 scoring teams for the year.

tbagrocks

Memphistopheles

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 18, 2013, 09:05:45 PM
Top four after finals silly poops!

So then we would miss out because Ablett flopped in the finals series and Kreuzer was awol (injured)? Produced 3 of his 4 worst performances in our last three games.

Despite being clearly in the best top four teams throughout the season. Seems a bit harsh.

Colliwobblers

this is hte debate, i have stayed out of it because it seems to be going nowhere, when it gets to a point of making decisions i will get involved.

i believe for a start the minor premier should be in and the premiers should be in.

as for the other two..... unsure.

Memphistopheles

Go based on ladder position unless the premiers come from outside the top 4 in which case they get the spot and 4th place misses out?

Or if the CL doesn't start from Round 1 next season an alternative could perhaps be to have play-off (or two) before it does.

Colliwobblers

should be based purely on previous seasons results, some are suggesting it should be decided some way into next season so we know hwo the best teams are next season, me i think that is ridiculous.

should be an honour earned from the previous seasons performance.

if you trade out old players and aren't as good next season, who cares you still deserve your spot.

i agree premiers get in and highest ladder positions OR final results positions.

I prefer ladder better representation of entire seasons performance than a couple of finals results - ESPECIALLY given the number of afl players rested during our finals.

BB67th

I think it should be premiers and the next 3 highest placed teams on the ladder. There is no way you can please everyone, but this way seems the most fair to me.

Jroo

Quote from: BB67th on September 19, 2013, 04:06:02 PM
I think it should be premiers and the next 3 highest placed teams on the ladder. There is no way you can please everyone, but this way seems the most fair to me.
That actually seems like a good idea.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 19, 2013, 04:02:50 PM
I prefer ladder better representation of entire seasons performance than a couple of finals results - ESPECIALLY given the number of afl players rested during our finals.

Just on that point and, I forget if it has been mentioned already, what are people's thoughts on finishing our season in the second last week (Round 22) to avoid the scenario where a club rests a host of key players before the AFL finals?

For example what if one of the grand final teams this year had Fyfe, Mundy and Michael Johnson and then they lost?
the Dongs had made it and captained Joey against the weak Dockers lineup - they would most likely have won just due to that.