AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 30, 2013, 12:05:27 AM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on July 29, 2013, 11:03:00 PM
Will we be limited to just 4 list movements again next trade period or will there be more?

Also if one club delists more players than another how does it work, do we just get extra picks at the end of the next draft to make up our numbers.

We have quite a few 'spuds' on our list I'd like to get rid of...

Or do clubs have to delist the same amount of players, like a set number - 5, 10 etc

you cannot delist more players than you are going to draft.

you can delist more senior players than you draft by promoting rookies off your rookie list - that is the only way.

if you draft 4 nat picks you must delist 4 senior players.

you can delist 6 senior players for example and upgrade 2 rooks and draft 4 nat picks.

likewise you can / HAVE TO delist or promote rookies off your rookie list to make room for your available rookie picks.

ONLY IF - you have retirements and delisting by the AFL clubs which exceed our draft picks both in national and rookie will you then get addition rookie picks at the end of the rookie draft.

YES - trade list movements are limited but there are two trade window, pre drafts and after drafts - cant remember the movements think it is 4 per window ?

all in the rules (HOME) thread.

So is the drafting done before delisting/final list lodgements then?

I would have thought it would be the other way around. We have to delist players to make room on our list before the draft?

Memphistopheles

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 30, 2013, 05:02:51 PM
What sort of draft picks are people interested in picking up? At this stage we want to keep 1st and 2nd Rnd, unless we have to givem up! The rest including any we pick up in trading can go!

As many picks as we can and as high as possible given that we're likely to be starting at pick 16.

Looking at our team there's about 10 players I think we could delist, possibly more which gives an opening for a few more draftees/unpicked players.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Memphistopheles on July 30, 2013, 05:39:46 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 30, 2013, 12:05:27 AM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on July 29, 2013, 11:03:00 PM
Will we be limited to just 4 list movements again next trade period or will there be more?

Also if one club delists more players than another how does it work, do we just get extra picks at the end of the next draft to make up our numbers.

We have quite a few 'spuds' on our list I'd like to get rid of...

Or do clubs have to delist the same amount of players, like a set number - 5, 10 etc

you cannot delist more players than you are going to draft.

you can delist more senior players than you draft by promoting rookies off your rookie list - that is the only way.

if you draft 4 nat picks you must delist 4 senior players.

you can delist 6 senior players for example and upgrade 2 rooks and draft 4 nat picks.

likewise you can / HAVE TO delist or promote rookies off your rookie list to make room for your available rookie picks.

ONLY IF - you have retirements and delisting by the AFL clubs which exceed our draft picks both in national and rookie will you then get addition rookie picks at the end of the rookie draft.

YES - trade list movements are limited but there are two trade window, pre drafts and after drafts - cant remember the movements think it is 4 per window ?

all in the rules (HOME) thread.

So is the drafting done before delisting/final list lodgements then?

I would have thought it would be the other way around. We have to delist players to make room on our list before the draft?

at the end of the season there will be a "pre drafts" trade period.

in this period and after it up until the nat draft, you can delist players.

you must have dlisted as many players as you need to have to allow for you to take whatever picks in both the nat draft and rookie drafts, BEFORE the start of the nat draft.

following the rook draft there will be a second trade period.

so yes all delistings will be done BEFORE the nat draft starts. BOTH of senior players (to make way for nat picks) and of rookie listed players (to make way for rook picks)

promotion of rookies will also take place BEFORE the start of the nat draft.

any tweaking or refinement of the exact rules we need to discuss and vote on ( not every option is open for voting on some things will not be changed) in the feedback thread.

Ricochet

Coll had anything been discussed/decided on what will happen if any players cop bans/punishment for taking ban substances?
Will there be any compo? Or will we just have to keep them on our list or delist them at the end of the year? Could be some quality players sitting on lists for 2 years doing nothing.

Looks like Saad might be in a bit of trouble

Nails

TRADE # 24.

JROO8 (UAE Tigers) gives Brent Stanton + Dustin Fletcher + Caloan Mooney

Nails (Hong Kong Dongs) gives Clancee Pearce + Ryan Griffen + Sam Blease

Phasir said he saw Griffen having a good year... Wish he put emphasis on having a great year

flowering tigers.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ricochet on July 31, 2013, 12:07:09 PM
Coll had anything been discussed/decided on what will happen if any players cop bans/punishment for taking ban substances?
Will there be any compo? Or will we just have to keep them on our list or delist them at the end of the year? Could be some quality players sitting on lists for 2 years doing nothing.

Looks like Saad might be in a bit of trouble

saad is a one off cae so disregard him.

as for the bombers that is a big issue if an entire squad cops significant bans, but given the directive from the club to take what was  told to the players was legal, they may still escape bans, or have smaller bans / penalties.

even so i think it is "generally" an even spread of AXVS teams that have bombers players so nothing will be done in the form of compensation.

i would probably allow rookie promotions and treat suspended bombers as LTI for the duration of the bans.?

ofcourse you can choose to delist anyone but you wouldnt want to delist a 22 year old gun bomber for example who has a 2 year ban ( if that was the case). you would just have him out suspended for however long the ban was and put him back in when the ban ends.

we can vote on this but given the spread of players through most AXVS teams, it is not a huge impact and can be business as usual. no matter what we voted on a watson or stanton type player cant be fairly compensated for anyway....

these things happen, i think we just play on :)

Ricochet

Yeh was think more along the lines of a Watson or Stanton who are guns. I would hurt those teams quite a bit to have them on the sidelines for ages. I guess we'll deal with it when/if it happens

tbagrocks

How would one go about changing rivals? Or is that just a bit much?

Like where Nosty was going with it anyway!

Not having roast this week but we are having a bbq, why don't you all come! crabs on the barbie ;D

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ricochet on July 31, 2013, 04:19:10 PM
Yeh was think more along the lines of a Watson or Stanton who are guns. I would hurt those teams quite a bit to have them on the sidelines for ages. I guess we'll deal with it when/if it happens

We gonna start giving compo everytime someone does an ACL too? Just gotta suck it up and avoid essendon players are they're spuds anyway.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 31, 2013, 05:01:33 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on July 31, 2013, 04:19:10 PM

We gonna start giving compo everytime someone does an ACL too? Just gotta suck it up and avoid essendon players are they're spuds anyway.

yes i think what happens in the AFL is mirrored here except instead of all of one teams being suspended here, it will be random players from many teams, which is easier to absorb than it will be for the bombers :)

as for compensating with extra picks, as i pointed out that is not really going to be workable ( as in how do we determine order?)  plus it would compromise our draft.

plus compo for watson will be inadequate whatever it is so best not to bother.

As for the rivals, i just thought we might after a season have a better idea who our rivals really are, they were picked at the start without much thought and many rivalries are probably meaningless , i am rivals with the crabs but have no history from this season in games results or banter to really justify them as a rival, i am sure many of us are in the same boat and actually have genuine rivals which are not our current rivals.

i think it is feasible that rivals change over time like in the real AFL....?

Toga

Woo! No Essington players in my best XV!! :D

Colliwobblers

myers dempsey and melksham for me, plus 3 more on the outside of my best 15...

still don't think we need to do anything about it, hopefully tho we will know before we trade and draft so we can at least make arrangements to offset the pain if there is any..

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Toga on July 31, 2013, 05:22:37 PM
Woo! No Essington players in my best XV!! :D
Only have Crameri!!! but YOLO lol

BB67th

Only have Goddard, so no worries there. He should rack up the points next year when he is the only one allowed to play at the Brendon Goddard Bombers ;)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: BB67th on July 31, 2013, 05:53:57 PM
Only have Goddard, so no worries there. He should rack up the points next year when he is the only one allowed to play at the Brendon Goddard Bombers ;)

a few rookies in the midfield and daniher up front on his own for the coleman :)