AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

Gazelles still have plenty of room to improve as well.

Jed Anderson, Tom Mitchell, Matt Shaw, Mitch Clisby, Dane Rampe, Adam Oxley, Jack Viney, Jonathan Simpkin Aiden Riley and big Liam McBean will all improve next season

Ben Cunnington, Mitch Duncan, Brandon Ellis and Sharrod Wellingham will all become elite players next season.

Gazelles won't be bowing out of the premiership hunt for at least a few more years

nostradamus

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 29, 2013, 06:01:40 PM
you were pretty close with your predictions Tbag - well done, another thing that was pretty close was the champion data ranking points i applied.

and yes the Llamas, Crabs, Crocs, eskimos, Vipers even Elephants will be much improved teams next season. the improvement of a lot of those young players in the late part of this season has been surprising.

add another preseason - some  - many are going to break out next season. or at least have big games which will totally change the performance of these AXVS teams.

add to that some smart trading and next season will be interesting indeed.

add to that some early draft picks :)

Colliwobblers

haven't you two got enough young guns :)

Justin Bieber

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on July 29, 2013, 06:56:08 PM
Vipers won't improve :P

not without a lot of changes :)

and there will be changes....

I have some good ruck stocks and peoples do be needing dem ruckmens ;)

I'll be keeping my first two round draft picks not going to totally change the youth policy i started with, but hope to add a player or two in most lines except ruck that are reliable and quality.

to be honest you are only being slightly harsh, i don't have a lot of trade bait so the improvement of the vipers will take time and be dependant on a number of mid tier and young players breaking out or at least improving considerably.

BUT - we have fared MUCH better since Beams returned. But then lecras goes out, and hurn been gone for weeks now... other than that we just suck...

Memphistopheles

Will we be limited to just 4 list movements again next trade period or will there be more?

Also if one club delists more players than another how does it work, do we just get extra picks at the end of the next draft to make up our numbers.

We have quite a few 'spuds' on our list I'd like to get rid of...

Or do clubs have to delist the same amount of players, like a set number - 5, 10 etc

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Memphistopheles on July 29, 2013, 11:03:00 PM
Will we be limited to just 4 list movements again next trade period or will there be more?

Also if one club delists more players than another how does it work, do we just get extra picks at the end of the next draft to make up our numbers.

We have quite a few 'spuds' on our list I'd like to get rid of...

Or do clubs have to delist the same amount of players, like a set number - 5, 10 etc

you cannot delist more players than you are going to draft.

you can delist more senior players than you draft by promoting rookies off your rookie list - that is the only way.

if you draft 4 nat picks you must delist 4 senior players.

you can delist 6 senior players for example and upgrade 2 rooks and draft 4 nat picks.

likewise you can / HAVE TO delist or promote rookies off your rookie list to make room for your available rookie picks.

ONLY IF - you have retirements and delisting by the AFL clubs which exceed our draft picks both in national and rookie will you then get addition rookie picks at the end of the rookie draft.

YES - trade list movements are limited but there are two trade window, pre drafts and after drafts - cant remember the movements think it is 4 per window ?

all in the rules (HOME) thread.

Nails

Is anyone getting worried about the Dongs?

Buddy is back, Pavlich about to return from suspension, Scotland is back along with 1-2 other players we'll have returning

The Dongs are finally clicking.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Nails on July 30, 2013, 12:32:30 AM
Is anyone getting worried about the Dongs?

Buddy is back, Pavlich about to return from suspension, Scotland is back along with 1-2 other players we'll have returning

The Dongs are finally clicking.

I'm not worried you cannot effect my ladder position  :-X

maybe others in the 8 should be :)

elephants

Scotland is back? Massive call. One good game all year and it was against GC!?

Nails

One game is all it takes. The Scotty is back.

Scotland, Franklin, Pavlich...

we'll be unstoppable.

ossie85

An off season project of mine will be to record all XV matches (WXV, EXV, BXV, AXV, Champions and World Cup) matches as I'm a huge fan of recording these things and I need something to do at work in the off-season lol...

But to save me some work, is there a list of results in spreadsheet format somewhere --> and even better a list of who coached which team when?

Oz

elephants

Quote from: Nails on July 30, 2013, 02:01:16 AM
One game is all it takes. The Scotty is back.

Scotland, Franklin, Pavlich...

we'll be unstoppable.

Haha ok, I'm willing to bet he doesn't crack 90 DT this week.

Justin Bieber

What about add like 2 players to our lists. So we have around 42.

tbagrocks

What sort of draft picks are people interested in picking up? At this stage we want to keep 1st and 2nd Rnd, unless we have to givem up! The rest including any we pick up in trading can go!