AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 10, 2013, 06:10:33 PM
Reasoning Tom Lynch is VC, simple really

Either go with an inconsistent Gaff, second year Wingard or .....

Tom who had 12 marks last week without Tex, is suddenly a top two forward at Adelaide, McKernen to play ruck and Lynch to support JJ marking everything at half forward ..... oh and ..... they play GWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i named tommy T  in british - about time he got a fair run at it, hope he can play well for a large part of the season and finally step up to the best 22, should be a super player if given the change.

Noz

tbagrocks

Quote from: Colliwobblers on May 10, 2013, 06:27:37 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on May 10, 2013, 06:10:33 PM
Reasoning Tom Lynch is VC, simple really

Either go with an inconsistent Gaff, second year Wingard or .....

Tom who had 12 marks last week without Tex, is suddenly a top two forward at Adelaide, McKernen to play ruck and Lynch to support JJ marking everything at half forward ..... oh and ..... they play GWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i named tommy T  in british - about time he got a fair run at it, hope he can play well for a large part of the season and finally step up to the best 22, should be a super player if given the change.
IMO the most unlucky fir player last year, had a 36 pos 16 mark game at CHB for Glenelg! Been waiting a long time to see him get the chance!

JBs-Hawks

Yea been waiting heaps long teabag, hes only been a crow for 18 months ::)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 10, 2013, 11:11:01 PM
Yea been waiting heaps long teabag, hes only been a crow for 18 months ::)

6 games in 3 years at the saints - fair to say he has been waiting "heaps long"  overall....  ;)

JBs-Hawks

Teabags wssnt waiting then though :P

Toga

Quote from: Nails on May 10, 2013, 06:29:30 PM
- Considering I got Dalziell right at the end of the drafts and no-one knew who he was he really has been one of the steals based on his last 2 rounds :o

Provided he continues to get games and not vests this year he's a stud. 118 last week and 115 this week. Feels good to give him a position in the actual midfield. Even if it is due to injury.

*Cues a rage from Nails*

Nails

Quote from: Toga on May 11, 2013, 12:51:27 PM
Quote from: Nails on May 10, 2013, 06:29:30 PM
- Considering I got Dalziell right at the end of the drafts and no-one knew who he was he really has been one of the steals based on his last 2 rounds :o

Provided he continues to get games and not vests this year he's a stud. 118 last week and 115 this week. Feels good to give him a position in the actual midfield. Even if it is due to injury.

*Cues a rage from Nails*

Na, it's a good thing. We're only playing the Tigers who we should still be able to dispose of. Makes me glad though as I had traded him into my DT but decided to trade him out on Friday and get GAJ instead. Therefore a positive.

Toga

What's going on?! :P

Nah fair enough, I'm surprised he's sub, thought he had been playing alright.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 11, 2013, 09:56:17 AM
Teabags wssnt waiting then though :P

no he probably wasn't

I trust you two are going to play nice tho going forward  :o

tbagrocks

::)  Ha well we've been getting along on chat :o

Colliwobblers

i just look forward each week to something going wrong in Nails teams, just because i enjoy the rants so much.

also looking at a modification to the draw. no changes to games or who plays who, i am just considering moving the "extra games where we play a random team for the second time to DURING THE BYE ROUNDS>

i will have a look at it and how it might work and run it past everyone by pm.

just think it might be fairer to play every team once in normal rounds and play those extra double up opponents during the byes.

we will see...

Toga

That sounds alright CW but one problem I can forsee is that Lambs are playing rivals Manila this week and so our next clash with them is in rivalry round, which probably can't really be moved can it?

Nails

Or possibly even skip the bye rounds all together and some weeks we play 2 matches

IDK.

Some teams can only get 15-18 in a standard week. Some teams might only have 10 players in a bye week.

BB67th

Yeah, it's a good idea to have the extra games there, but I think it would be a bit hard to make it all work now. Sounds good for next season though.