But what about emergency loophole?

i.e. put Bill Gates as emgerency number 1

if he scores 140 we then put a non-playing player on in his place :o

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Nails on April 25, 2013, 09:28:58 AM
But what about emergency loophole?

i.e. put Bill Gates as emgerency number 1

if he scores 140 we then put a non-playing player on in his place :o

there is no emergency loophole for captains.

emergencies do not cover captains for a start, the vice captain covers the captain if the captain does not play

and the emergency captain then covers the vice captain.

if the captain plays but the vice captain does not, the emergency captain covers the vice captain.

if both the captain and the vice captain do not play the emergency captain covers the captain.

ll 3 captain positions cannot be changed once named.

NOW - THE LOOPHOLE UNDER THESE RULES WOULD WORK - EXCEPT WE AGREED IN SETTING UP THE RULES THAT WE WERE NOT GOING TO ALLOW A CAPTAIN LOOPHOLE.

SO IF YOU NAME A PLAYER NOT NAMED TO PLAY AS CAPTAIN OR VICE CAPTAIN THIS WILL BE AGAINST THE RULES WE SET UP.

PUNISHMENT WAS NOT AGREED ON BUT LETS JUST NOT DO IT AS I AM THINKING NOT COUNTING THE SCORE FROM THE PLAYER WHO DID NOT PLAY WOULD BE APPROPRIATE - IE YOU DELIBERATELY NAME A NON PLAYING CAP OR VICE CAP, YOU DON'T GET THE EMERGENCY CAP SCORE TO COVER IT. MEANING YOU MISS OUT ON A CAPS SCORE OR VICE CAPS SCORE.

Nails

What? I'm not talking about captains in the slightest.

I'm talking about PLAYER emergencies.

i.e. I put Ben Hudson as my ruck emergency - if he scores well I put a non-playing ruck in his position so I get Hudson's score.

Nothing to do with captains.

Jroo

Quote from: Nails on April 25, 2013, 09:47:06 AM

i.e. I put Ben Hudson as my ruck emergency - if he scores well I put a non-playing ruck in his position so I get Hudson's score.

Yeah that's what I was talking about too. Guessing it's also a no?

Toga

Check out the team of the week thread I've started (with CW's permission of course ;)):

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,78733.0.html

Colliwobblers

Quote from: JROO8 on April 25, 2013, 10:58:19 AM
Quote from: Nails on April 25, 2013, 09:47:06 AM

Yeah that's what I was talking about too. Guessing it's also a no?

it's unethical :)

But I don't think we cemented a rule on this. so I can't stop it.

we did decide to ban the captain loophole, we did not actually decide on any rules in regards to loopholes regarding emergencies for normal players in the rules, so i have to allow it.

next season we will vote to close or leave open this loophole but for 2013 you can use it.

so if you name an emergency who plays and scores great you then name a non playing player in his line on field (fwd, def etc.)

and you get the emergencies score.

again i don't like it but there is no rule against it in the official rules.

link to the captains loophole vote:  http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,72340.0.html

as i said the emergency for normal player loophole was never ruled on.

we either all vote to ban it now or i have to leave it open.

given we have three miscreant coaches  ::) banned right now, holding a vote seems impossible, and if this is allowed for one round we will have to allow it for the rest of the season.

i am tempted to just make a call and ban it but i don't see it as giving anyone a HUGE advantage so it is allowed.

BB67th

I don't like using the loophole, it sort of gets rid of the premise that we are game day coaches. In a real match you can't see how one player does in a game and then go back and decide whether or not to play him. A bit unfair I think to do that.

Memphistopheles

KoopKicka

Howlett.... flower >:(
Hibberd and Clarke did ok I suppose :/

KoopKicka

LEWIS JETTA SUB!

Better give mons the win now, however Jettas only averageing 50 odd this season, odds are he will come on Q4 and get that anyway ::)

Toga

Or he'll come on in quarter four and score 10 :P ::)

Memphistopheles

Query: Does this mean I can now name a non-playing player in my utilities and take Winderlich's score and then half of Davey's score for the ruck spot?

Or are you going to rule that Winderlich's score must be used for the ruck spot and halved? Should a ruck not play (none are named).

Basically the question I'm asking is - Is there an order in which your emergencies come onto the field if you have more than one player missing and that one of them is a utility.

I guess to avoid complicating things I could move a mid to the utilities and pick the non-playing guy there. Corey being the guy I'd drop most likely.

Looks like Zaha scored 181.

Winderlich also scored 152 and Davey got 80.

Toovey is the concern. He was only an emergency and scored ok with 60 but it looks like he might have done his ACL :(

KoopKicka

also raging that Stevo's dropped,  brings us down to 20 playing players this weekend, thankfully I can field 15 in the different positions.

Toga

Love dat junk from McVeigh and ROK :-*

Nails

Team Name: Hong Kong Dongs
Captain: Lance Franklin
Vice Captain Brent Stanton 219
EME C/VC: Kane Cornes

DEF1: Player - Heath Scotland
DEF2: Player - Jack Grimes
DEF3: Player - Luke McPharlin
DEF4: Player - Chris Newman

MID1: Player - Stanton (VC)
MID2: Player - Montagna (147)
MID3: Player - Hayes (150)
MID4: Player - Kane Cornes
-
RUC1: Player - Ben Hudson (72)

FWD1: Player - Lance Franklin (C)
FWD2: Player - Roughead
FWD3: Player - Jay Schulz
FWD4: Player - Shannon Byrnes

UTI1: Player (position) - James Kelly (M)
UTI2: Player (position) - Bartel (M/F)

EME1: Player (posiiton) -  L. Anthony (M)
EME2: Player (posiiton) - Hale (R/F) 
EME3: Player (posiiton) - W. Schofield (D)

No Game centre thread yet... so I'll just post here.

588/4 including VC