AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Quote from: KoopKicka on March 04, 2013, 10:32:14 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on March 04, 2013, 10:24:56 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on March 04, 2013, 10:23:50 PM
Wow thanks guys.

Sad to see tor01doc go but very keen to get started.

Commiserations to SydneyRox but I'm sure you'll get a team shortly.

My first announcement as the team owner is to officially name the Dolphins Fairest and Best award the Doc Medal.

More Dolphins news to come.

Also I'll be looking for an assistant so if anyone knows anyone who might be interested please let me know.
Welcome Memph 8)
You were great as Koop's assitant and now you're his main rival. This should be interesting!
Bring it ;)

Thanks for the opportunity KK.

But, as your rival don't expect an mercy :D

Colli - I'm assuming there's no extra trading involved with this takeover?

Justin Bieber

I voted for meth ftr haha.

Well done to meth. He has worked harder tan a lot of current coaches so he deserves it.

Hopefully Sydney gets a team soon (don't want people to quit though...)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Memphistopheles on March 04, 2013, 10:45:16 PM
Wow thanks guys.

My first announcement as the team owner is to officially name the Dolphins Fairest and Best award the Doc Medal.

Also I'll be looking for an assistant so if anyone knows anyone who might be interested please let me know.
Welcome Memph 8)
You were great as Koop's assitant and now you're his main rival. This should be interesting!
Bring it ;)

Sorry I should have mentioned that in the PM - No Tor01doc took full advantage of the recent trade period, and his trading saw the teams ranking improve significantly. Only reason I allowed it to Ricochet as his previous team owner was not active in the recent trade window.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 05, 2013, 12:24:58 AM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on March 04, 2013, 10:45:16 PM
Wow thanks guys.

Welcome Memph 8)
Bring it ;)

Sorry I should have mentioned that in the PM - No Tor01doc took full advantage of the recent trade period, and his trading saw the teams ranking improve significantly. Only reason I allowed it to Ricochet as his previous team owner was not active in the recent trade window.

Yeah that's cool and fair.

The Dolphins do seem to have a lot of rookies though. Team could do with some sharpening up next summer.

Colliwobblers

he got stuck with a lot of late compensation picks at the end of the draft due to having a LOT of players delisted.

the good thing is next season you have to delist a player for every player you draft in the National Draft, and to take rookies in the rookie draft you also need to delist rookies. So you get rid of a lot of your spuds that way each season.

this to make room on the lists for the new players as the lists are capped.

you can promote rookies after the season also and delist a senior player to make room for the promoted rookie and this doesn't count as a pick in the national draft or a list movement.

it's all in the rules somewhere :)

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 05, 2013, 08:14:24 PM
he got stuck with a lot of late compensation picks at the end of the draft due to having a LOT of players delisted.

the good thing is next season you have to delist a player for every player you draft in the National Draft, and to take rookies in the rookie draft you also need to delist rookies. So you get rid of a lot of your spuds that way each season.

this to make room on the lists for the new players as the lists are capped.

you can promote rookies after the season also and delist a senior player to make room for the promoted rookie and this doesn't count as a pick in the national draft or a list movement.

it's all in the rules somewhere :)

Yeah cool. Also did the doc submit a rookie list and/or is there a list somewhere or do I still have to do this?

PS - My team thread is pretty much complete now everyone - check it out.

One more section I want to do before you delete the other thread though Colli (jokes). Might take a while so I won't get around to it today.

Colliwobblers

no worries it can stay there until you do. dont want to lose the jokes.

you can resubmit me your rookie list of 6 players as soon as you can. that is ok.

tbagrocks

No reason to delete the original thread is there?  All the AXV records need to be preserved

Like the Elephants first Chopstick ;D

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 05, 2013, 09:15:29 PM
No reason to delete the original thread is there?  All the AXV records need to be preserved

Like the Elephants first Chopstick ;D

the AXVS thread will be kept tidy historical things will be kpet pointless things will be deleted.

We can't have multiple team threads.

However I am VERY pleased that Tor01docs jokes are being carried over to the new owners thread, this is preserving the memory/history enough.

tbagrocks

Still ... deleting previous team threads makes me sad :-[ :'(  so much history there, all the AXV history of a prior owner :-[

Is it just me being precious? I would like to keep any info created about the AXV

Colliwobblers

did you even notice when the 4 team threads prior to Docs were deleted? or have you forgotten there even were previous owners?

which is kind of the idea?

what happens in 3 years when we have had more and more and more teams change owners.

which i would love not to happen but it will.

what a mess especially for visitors who are not as familiar with the comp seeing multiple team threads and wondering who runs what?

Maybe you can create a History thread and if you like I can copy anything you think is relevant and worth preserving from any thread you like into that ONE thread before I delete anything.?

things like the votes on rules i will be keeping for purposes of confirming the rules and decisions we have made but i intend to merge all those threads into one also.

tbagrocks

Yeah I get what you aren saying, of course and haven't really noticed ::)  and I agree but ...  how good to have that original info?

What is so wrong with having that stuff lost there on the last page or two of the forum? Pity to lose any info I say :-[  History is history, shame if we've already lost some core initial stuff :-\

Not trying to argue but just say'n

Colliwobblers

good point tbag, I agree I will lock the thread and it will be forced to the end of the board, I will do this with all future things that are worth preserving instead of deleting. I might remane the original thread with the word ARCHIVE at the front of the original title this will also help to show it is not current.

Lucky we have you around aren't we good idea and point well made.

JBs-Hawks

If its soo important just get coaches to list a history in there team thread of previous coaches/b and f winners etc etc

tbagrocks

I can't even remember the name of the first coach to quit ::)  But I believe the Doc took over? ???

All that history just adds to the stature of the AXV, Oz is already jealous of us ;)

I believe in the history and the XV is the best fantasy football game ever!! Period!! Thanks to Oz, but we have taken over here in Asia! ;D

It is the hisrory that will make the XV's so prestigous in the future, although I wisg FF would be around forever, the info will be, and the idea of XV also, let us keep and tresure what has begun 8)