Previous topic - Next topic

pyronerd

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 30, 2012, 07:49:35 PM
Quote from: pyronerd on August 30, 2012, 07:03:35 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on August 30, 2012, 06:58:29 PM
Quote from: chrisuzz on August 29, 2012, 07:38:44 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on August 29, 2012, 07:14:38 PM
Quote from: chrisuzz on August 29, 2012, 07:09:56 PM
Yeh im in the market for a gun 16yo too CF, got 250k to spend 8)
Not going to get a gun with 250k zz ;)

Hoping to land myself this fasty by the way. I would say stay away but no need if you only have 250k...
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1059910
Okay, well not a 'gun' but ill get someone who will be not far off some of these 'guns' ;)
Well turns out I wont be getting this guy as he is already up to 1.9 mil with a day to go!! :o
bloody Ash :P

What's the most someone has gone for?
Ash bought a player for like 8 mill or something once

DazBurg

Quote from: DazBurg on August 29, 2012, 08:56:54 PM
Valk here are the players u wanted to watch the reli/reli ones

Barrington Best - Keeper
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=799023

Ismail Habib - Batter
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=793334

Basil Salah - Bowler
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=757161
(just popped in senior update now reli/accom)
Richard Wallace - Batter
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=848945
just an update on Salih

McRooster

Quote from: pyronerd on August 30, 2012, 08:01:27 PM
Ash bought a player for like 8 mill or something once
Becoz he can  8)

An indecent proposal perhaps?? - Everything has it's price, does it not?

Nails

valkorum

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 30, 2012, 08:00:15 PM
Well ashs bid is already at 1.9

Lets be fair here - this 16yo is a gun

Avg/Reas Bowling primaries on a RF - DOUBLE TICK
Yorker/Skilled Bowling  - DOUBLE TICK
Fielding average - TICK
Endurance ordinary - TICK
Power ordinary - TICK
Experience dreadful - OK
3,395 spare ratings - TICK

If I had the spare money I would buy this player - he will be a GUN, if not the best Fastie when he is 19.

CrowsFan

I have the money to put in one extra bid, but that would mean no academy investment this week and not willing to do that. Would have loved to get him though!
There is another fasty listed at the moment that I would also love, but has an opening price of 1 mil. No one has bid so hoping no one does (they shouldn't he's not worth that much) and then the guy lists for much cheaper...

valkorum

Yeh he aint worth $1mil

Just picked up my first 16yo buy LFM with Skilled Power.  Paid a little more than I wanted to but should turn out nicely in my YA

Batting ordinary Endurance poor
Bowling ordinary Technique average
Keeping ordinary Power average
Fielding ordinary

Fletch74

Was watching Valk. I wasn't going to go past $500k. That Atlanta Falcons is trying to buy everything...

Are you going to train him a bowler?

Fletch74

Anyone looking for a decent 19yo Medium. My affiliate is selling this guy.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=874037

Cyrus

Quote from: valkorum on August 31, 2012, 11:27:27 AM

Just picked up my first 16yo buy LFM with Skilled Power.  Paid a little more than I wanted to but should turn out nicely in my YA

Fielding ordinary
careful you dont get reported  :P

valkorum

Quote from: Fletch74 on August 31, 2012, 11:53:25 AM
Was watching Valk. I wasn't going to go past $500k. That Atlanta Falcons is trying to buy everything...

Are you going to train him a bowler?

Yeh he will be trained as a bowler.  That was my last bid I was going to place which won.  If Atlanta bid again I wasnt going to go again. 

Quote from: Cyrus on August 31, 2012, 11:59:17 AM
Quote from: valkorum on August 31, 2012, 11:27:27 AM

Fielding ordinary
careful you dont get reported  :P

:P

I have so far managed to pick up 10 x reli/reli 20yos for a total of $96k with my affiliate (including a cap/cap/cap keeper).  All that is left is for a cap/cap/cap AR.  Only in div 6 so the squad should be good enough to win and promote as is.  Will spend all of the season training fielding so should be able to get 3 pops per player to be reli/accom

Then they will be primary whored for the next 4 seasons to be out/out or spec/spec by 24 (keeper to at least exp/exp/exp with out fielding)

All that while making a profit each week :)

CrowsFan

If they've only just popped to reliable tech you're not going to get them to accomplished tech in a season just from fielding training valk ;)

valkorum

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 31, 2012, 12:38:00 PM
If they've only just popped to reliable tech you're not going to get them to accomplished tech in a season just from fielding training valk ;)

I was talking about fielding getting 3 pops to reli/accom - I am not expecting a tech pop this season (havent planned for that but will be a nice bonus if it does).  Then next season start the primary training for 4 solid seasons.  That will take them through to 25 and can fix any other secondary issues then (endurance/power)

CrowsFan

Ah sorry completely misunderstood ::)
Good plan then :D

valkorum

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 31, 2012, 01:28:24 PM
Ah sorry completely misunderstood ::)
Good plan then :D

I thought you had mis-understood.  I should have a whole squad of 25yo out/out or spec/spec players with reli/accom fielding and be aroud div 3 or div 4. 

Starting next season, I add 2 x 20yo each season (try to get at least accom/accom) and train them the same way.  That way when my first batch of players turn 30, my first lot of 25 yo's will be ready and I can mix and match the rest for a few seasons to try and stay steady in whatever Div I am in.

Hardest part will be getting games in to the 2 new players each season so that their experience still increases.