Main Menu

AXV: Manila Folders

Started by BB67th, August 14, 2012, 08:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

What is it that you actually fold, you Folders?  ???

BB67th

The Manila Folders are proud to announce that they will be holding their first press conference in two days time, on Thursday at 8pm AEDST. They will be announcing team logos, sponsors, the leadership group and will be answering any questions other coaches or members of the AXV community might have. Make sure you get them in before the conference starts either by pm to me or by posting them in the Folders team thread.

Also on Friday we will be conducting some interviews with some of the Folders players, so tell us who you want us to talk to and what you want us to ask them!

BB67th

The press room is full of reporters, eagerly awaiting the beginning of the Manila Folders' press conference. The side door opens, and in walk head coach BB67th, assistants NigeyS and nrich102, and players Dane Swan, Brendon Goddard and Dayne Zorko onto the stage, where they take their seats.

BB67th: Thanks everyone for coming to tonight's first press conference. We are keen to get underway for a good 2013 season and are ready to push towards premiership glory in the inaugural AXV season.
On stage here with me, are of course, my able assistants in NigeyS and nrich102 who have been doing a great job in helping the Folders through the drafting and trade periods.
Also here are Dane Swan, Brendon Goddard and Dayne Zorko. We are proud to now announce Dane as the Folders' team captain for 2013, and Brendon and Dayne will be his vice captains. We feel we have a strong leadership group here, with a good mixture of youth and experience to take us forward.

We believe that the Folders have put together a very strong team list so far, with a lot of high scoring players with a very good starting 15 players. We have targeted experienced and proven scoring players through our drafting and we have a few trades going on at the moment which you will probably be hearing about soon.

Now I would like to announce our team logos and team jumpers that will be used for the 2013 season. Here we have the team logo.

Assistant Coach nrich102 stands up showing off the new Folders logo that is shown on his team shirt.

BB67th: And now we would also like to show the Home, Away and Clash jumpers that are being worn today by Swanny, BJ and Zorks respectively.

Home

Away

Clash

BB67th: Thanks to nrich and Nigey for designing the team jumpers and logos. Now I can also announce the team sponsors that will be supporting us over the next year.

Our Gold Sponsor is the Manila Broadcasting Company

Our Silver Sponsors are Philippines Airlines and Manila Ocean Park

And finally our Bronze Sponsor is Coles

We are looking forward to strong relationships with all of our sponsors over the next year. Now I'd like to let the others say a few words.

Dane Swan: Thanks BB67th, it's a real honour to be picked to be the Folders first captain. I am looking forward to a good year of football ahead and I really think that we can go deep into finals and very close to premiership glory this year. It can't be too hard with my scoring ability, can it? ;)

Brendon Goddard:
Obviously moving into the new XV's format will be a challenge for the players, but one we are looking forward to and I am happy to be at a club with such facilities and such a great group of players as the Folders.

Dayne Zorko:
Great to be here. Can't wait to get out there and play some good footy.

NigeyS: I'd just quickly like to state what a pleasure it has been working for the Folders since my appointment a while ago. It's been quite the role and we at the Folders are genuinely excited about the season ahead, our chances are quite good. Obviously, I'm really just echoing the words of Swanny, BJ and Zorks.

nrich102 is unable to respond as he is deep in conversation on his mobile phone. Apparently Brock McLean is talking to him about an incident that happened at a Folders team meeting this morning. He quickly relays the news to BB67th.

BB67th:
Thanks guys, now I would be happy to open up to any questions people have

Reporter #1: What is it that you actually fold, you Folders?

BB67th:
Well I've just been told that Will Minson around the club has been folding a few pieces of paper and making them into paper planes recently, before flying them into Brock McLean's head. But we are called the Folders after the great invention of the Manila Folder, as you can see from our logo.

Reporter #2: Why are you holding a press conference?

BB67th:
We've used this press conference to make a few new announcements for the Folders' team and to get a bit more interest around the AXV community before the pre season comp starts in a few weeks. Any other final thoughts before we wrap up guys?

NigeyS: Now, I'd just like to thank BB67th for allowing me on board and I really want to stress that my job at Folders so far has been more than enjoyable, 2013 is really shaping up to be a big year for Manila. Thank you all for coming!

nrich 102: Can't wait for the season to start. I think we're in for a ripper season.

BB67th: Well that is it from us then, thanks to everyone for coming and we are all looking forward to a great 2013. Go Folders!

All members on stage, get up and leave, to a standing ovation from the crowd. A few coaches from rival teams can be seen in the background shedding a tear as they realise they have no chance against the might of the Folders this year.

Nige

nrich is a man of few words but great design skills. :P

nrich102

Quote from: NigeyS on January 24, 2013, 10:36:26 PM
nrich is a man of few words but great design skills. :P
Teachers would think differently  :P

BB67th

Folders are pumped to have their first win on the board. Also a few changes to the team thread set up with the weekly wrap up starting. It was a close win, but a good one against the Ales this week.

Next week we have the easy beat Llamas, so we are certain to be 2 from 2 to start the season!

Nige

And the Folders have defeated their rivals - The Lambs!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Nige

In the process of writing a song for the Folders.  8)

BB67th

After quite a successful season, Manila is happy to announce that this Thursday will be our first awards night. We will be having:

- Best clubman award - Given to an underrated player around the club who does not get the recognition he deserves

- Best young player award - Given to the best and most important player in the team under the age of 22

- Most consistent player - Given to the player who is most consistent with their scoring throughout the season

- Best & Fairest Count - 5, 4, 3, 2 & 1 votes are given out in each game to the most influential players from Manila. The winner will win the Club Champion award which will later be named

So come along this Thursday and join myself and nrich102 for the count.

Make sure everyone leaves their predictions for the top 10 and who they think will win the other awards in a post below. The person who gets the most correct guesses wins a secret prize! ;)

Adamant

Three questions before I do my predictions.

1. Do players have to be named in your side that week to receive votes? or are the votes done on their pure score (regardless if they were in your emergencies or reserves)?

2. Does your voting system give other positions besides midfielders a better chance of polling ie. is there a weighting system used? or are the votes done on anyone's score, no matter what position?

3. Is the Best Young Player Award 22 years old and under? or do they have to be under 22?

BB67th

1. Yes they must be playing in the first XV to receive votes. Votes are based off raw scores as well, so no captains, vice captains or OOP concessions

2. There is a weighting system used that gives extra points to defenders and ruckmen and a little extra to forwards

3. 22 years old and under at seasons end

Adamant

Alright cheers. In that case, here are my predictions.

Best and Fairest Top 10:

1. Dane Swan
2. Brendon Goddard
3. Travis Cloke
4. Will Minson
5. Chris Mayne
6. Brock McLean
7. Nick Dal Santo
8. Ryan Bastinac
9. Michael Johnson
10. Andrew Mackie

Best Clubman: Chris Mayne

Best Young Player: Ryan Bastinac

Most Consistent: Will Minson

Memphistopheles

Ok I'll go with the following

1. Dane Swan
2. Will Minson
3. Brendon Goddard
4. Travis Cloke
5. Brock McLean
6. Michael Johnson
7. Chris Mayne
8. Nick Dal Santo
9. Ryan Bastinac
10. Andrew Mackie

Best Clubman: Matthew Lobbe

Best Young Player: Ryan Bastinac

Most Consistent: Will Minson
[

BB67th

Last chance everyone to get in your guesses before tonight'c big count! Will start a little before 8pm and should run for around half an hour. Hope to see you all here :)

Jroo

Best and Fairest Top 10:
1. Dane Swan
2. Travis Cloke
3. Will Minson
4. Brendon Goddard
5. Chirs Mayne
6. Nick Dal Santo
7. Brock McLean
8. Andrew Mackie
9. Ryan Bastinac
10. Dayne Zorko