AXVs: Official Drafts

Started by Colliwobblers, August 13, 2012, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Yeah maca, I doubt people with high picks like me will vote with you. Would be silly for us low picks to give up our picks...

BB67th

Quote from: Noz on August 19, 2012, 12:21:41 AM
I reckon we should randomize the order then again the Rookie/PSD should be as followed

- If a coach deciders to pass on their pick in the National Draft they get first selection in the PSD and/or the Rookie draft.

The rest would be randomised.

I also would like to note i believe this topic should be merged in with the other Asian 15s topic and come back to this one when the draft actually starts.
I like this, draft order should be randomized and you should be able to pass and get first pick before every one else.

Colliwobblers

yes so the national draft will be REVERSE order of the INITIAL draft adn will repeat.

This gives no advantage / disadvantage to teams in the middle because they stay in the middle whether it snakes or repeats.

The advantage in it repeating is to the teams late in the initial draft and the disadvantage to it repeating is to the teams early in the initial draft.

This is designed to balance the significant beefit of picking early in the initial draft where the first bunch of players taken will average up to 40 points per game more than the players taken late in the first round.

IF you think the advantage of the national draft snaking is too great to the teams picking late in the initial draft, i am almost certain they would be happy to trade draft places with you in the initial, which in turns means a swap in the national as well :)

THE ROOKIE/PRESEASON - draft order is to be voted on.

If you pass in the national draft becasue you don't want a draftee for whatever reason and you would prefer to pick up a player from the AFL rookie/preseason draft pool (which for our purposes will also include all remaining players from initial and national drafts also)

then in order of when you pass you will get that passed pick before ANY picks begin in the rookie/preseason draft.

example: if colliwobblers passses in round 1 of national draft. then BB67th passes in round 2, then whatlez passes in round 4

preseason rookie draft will go

colliwobblers
BB67th
whatlez

then picks as per draft order we vote in.

Justin Bieber

Oh ok... I am confused...

So what's the order with the draft?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on August 19, 2012, 10:51:22 AM
Oh ok... I am confused...

So what's the order with the draft?

how can you be confused it is on the draft order post.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66557.msg862255.html#msg862255

the only thing that might change is the order in the preseason.rookie draft which we are to now vote on.

Justin Bieber

Oh ok. Well I like the Pre-Season draft as it stands :P

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on August 19, 2012, 12:25:37 PM

OF COURSE YOU DO :)

AND OF COURSE PB and NAILS DON'T :)

Hence the vote....

nostradamus

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 19, 2012, 12:31:01 PM

OF COURSE YOU DO :)

AND OF COURSE PB and NAILS DON'T :)

Hence the vote....

l'm happy with it the way you have set it out.......it's fair. lt'd be a ridiculous advantage for anyone to have first picks in both drafts, and would lead to an imbalance in team strengths

Justin Bieber

Colliwobblers

yes well the initial being reversed in the national and the national repeating "probably" provides the necessary balance.

So the preseason/rookie matters not that much, for that reason I have allowed it to go to the vote to determine how we do it.

The initial and national are not open for discussion or change since it is just fair how it is.

How about the other rules Nostradamus, thought of anything else to add to the votes for additional rules/setup or changes?

Are you happy or just happy with the drafts you meant? no pressure just checking

picker_man

Quote from: whatlez on August 19, 2012, 12:40:13 PM
Yay :D Time to vote :P

+1

Quote from: whatlez on August 19, 2012, 12:40:56 AM
Yeah maca, I doubt people with high picks like me will vote with you. Would be silly for us low picks to give up our picks...

+ 1

+1

haha ;D

nostradamus

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 19, 2012, 12:43:01 PM
yes well the initial being reversed in the national and the national repeating "probably" provides the necessary balance.

So the preseason/rookie matters not that much, for that reason I have allowed it to go to the vote to determine how we do it.

The initial and national are not open for discussion or change since it is just fair how it is.

How about the other rules Nostradamus, thought of anything else to add to the votes for additional rules/setup or changes?

Are you happy or just happy with the drafts you meant? no pressure just checking

to be honest l'm a bit hung over.....spent the night at a mate's houseboat, it was a great night sitting around the fire on the riverbank, a few bourbans and then into the homebrew bourbon

so really, not really able to contribute any thoughtful comments to the discussion.....but l'm happy to agree to everything as has been proposed by you. lt's obvious that you've put alot of thought and effort into them all.

......so yep, proceed with the vote Colli

Colliwobblers

PM on the way. The place to post your vote answers will be here

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,65220.0.html

Once all votes received and everything is decided the final rules will go

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66632.msg864070.html#msg864070

all info will be in the PM coming soon

BB67th

Colliwobblers

PM for voting has been sent please complete your votes and post in the following thread and or PM to me.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,65220.0.html