Main Menu

AXVs: Official Drafts

Started by Colliwobblers, August 13, 2012, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Yeah it's not like we are going to get the same players as we are in englishs...

BB67th

Great work in setting this up Colli! Can't wait for drafting to begin.

nostradamus

An amazing effort Colli, so comprehensive  :o

And sorry, l've been a bit slack lately........but yes l confirm my involvement, just have to figure out if l will go with the Bangkok Crabs as my team name

Shihan7

Great job colli. Cant wait for the draft :)

Ringo

Great work Collie.  Congratulations on the organisation. Obviously we have learnt from the other drafts and addressed some of the issues that have occurred.

Obviously not a coach but agree with PB and Lez and can I suggest the rule be as follows:

"You will forfeit your draft pick if you have not picked within 24 hrs of the preceding pick or 2 within 2 hrs of being on line following preceding pick.  Should this situation occur you may take you pick at any time following from players still available"

This was the rule in Worlds and I think it is fairer rather generating a random pick.  Think from memory it was only used 2 or 3 times in world draft so the occurrences are not a lot.

Colliwobblers

Sounds good I will change the rules thread to reflect this as the new "default" rule, and anyone who doesn't like the rule as laid out above by you can offer me an alternative rule for the vote.

I was just working off how live fantasy dafts work in fantasy football the world over, if you miss your pick you go onto autopick.

Since I have already heard from 4 coaches prefering the rule as you laid it out i will make the change, for any other coaches however that like a different version of the rule or the original autopick, you need to PM me alternate rule so I can put it on the list to be voted on.

If i recieve no further PM regarding the draft rules this rule will stand (Ringo's Rule). :)  give me a few minutes to change the posts in the various threads to reflect the rule change :)

Jay

Any idea when the draft order will be finalisesd mate?

Justin Bieber

It is necessary for me to get top 3. Or number one.

Jay

Quote from: whatlez on August 14, 2012, 10:37:20 PM
necessary??? Or is that just what you want???

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Jayman on August 14, 2012, 11:20:03 PM
Quote from: whatlez on August 14, 2012, 10:37:20 PM
necessary??? Or is that just what you want???

For my team. Would have to changes names :(

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Jayman on August 14, 2012, 10:32:02 PM

As soon as I hear from BGK, We now have a replacement which is good news, so it is now just a matter of giving BGK until the 25th August dealine to confirm his entry, withdraw or if neither by that date he is automatically withdrawn.

My plan is to have a trusted and beloved FF member take our 16 teams and go to random.org and generate the draft order and post it up for us - this guarantees a genuine random draft order.

Scrads

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 15, 2012, 12:15:17 AM

As soon as I hear from BGK, We now have a replacement which is good news, so it is now just a matter of giving BGK until the 25th August dealine to confirm his entry, withdraw or if neither by that date he is automatically withdrawn.

My plan is to have a trusted and beloved FF member take our 16 teams and go to random.org and generate the draft order and post it up for us - this guarantees a genuine random draft order.

I can do that if you like :) I am keen to follow this comp but don't have the time to be actively involved.

KoopKicka

Quote from: Scrads on August 15, 2012, 12:21:16 AM

I can do that if you like :) I am keen to follow this comp but don't have the time to be actively involved.

I dont trust a Broughton lover ;)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: KoopKicka on August 15, 2012, 12:24:34 AM
Quote from: Scrads on August 15, 2012, 12:21:16 AM

I dont trust a Broughton lover ;)

How about giving the responsibility to someone who is not involved in the A15s.... ::)

Colliwobblers

I was planning on asking your or Os. You two being the "trusted 3rd parties" I refered to in the rules :)

it will not be getting generated by anyone in this competition or anyone that is not "above reproach" if you follow :)

everyone in the league needs to trust the person given the responsibility. can't get one of whatlez or PB's mates to do it  ;D

no offence to either whatlez or PB just examples :)

*EDIT

Just saw your post Scrads thanks for the offer.

I will get one of the mods to do it, think they are generally considered highly enough that no one will complain or doubt the authenticity of the order once they post it.

not to say you or anyone else is untrustworthy :)