Some people are taking this as bad news but.......

Started by Capper, August 07, 2012, 06:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

not us!!!!!!

Collingwood have suspended star midfielder Dane Swan for two weeks, for being out drinking late on Sunday night.

In a shock move ahead of the club's game against top side Sydney on Saturday, the Magpies reacted swiftly by standing Swan down for a fortnight.

on a side note my DT and SC side may struggle with out him

My Chumps

Him out makes this game a must win.

At home with the brownlow medalist out. Gotta prove we're serious contenders and break our hoodoo here.

roo boys!

He's also out for us next week! :D

Have him in SC too, so was upset at first but in hindsight it's great news!

Samm79

Quote from: My Chumps on August 07, 2012, 08:00:55 PM

At home with the brownlow medalist out. Gotta prove we're serious contenders and break our hoodoo here.

Too true, acid test. With Bolton out I expect some young swans to go up another level.

Had him from the start in SC, been a rollacoaster... Have to hold him and if Buddy is back, Zorko comes into the mids, no a massive loss

Capper

Quote from: Samm79 on August 07, 2012, 10:31:12 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on August 07, 2012, 08:00:55 PM

Too true, acid test. With Bolton out I expect some young swans to go up another level.

Had him from the start in SC, been a rollacoaster... Have to hold him and if Buddy is back, Zorko comes into the mids, no a massive loss
i am planning on giving Gibson a go as he has been killing it on my bench

Hawka

elephants

Haha Swanny is such a metro.

Haha hawka is that you?!?!?!?!

Colliwobblers

shocking news, i'm all for being a "noble" club and enforcing standards in the players but 2 games at this point of the season....

he isn't some rookie coming off an injury who should be in rehab resting up FFS collingwood settle down.

i thought suspending the car crashers was a standup thing to do but i think this is overkill.

as for Sydney this week, swan out is not enough of an excuse - may the best team win - they have for the last 7 years  ;)

Boomz

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 08, 2012, 02:14:11 AM
shocking news, i'm all for being a "noble" club and enforcing standards in the players but 2 games at this point of the season....

he isn't some rookie coming off an injury who should be in rehab resting up FFS collingwood settle down.

i thought suspending the car crashers was a standup thing to do but i think this is overkill.

as for Sydney this week, swan out is not enough of an excuse - may the best team win - they have for the last 7 years  ;)

Sort of agree... I'd say they know more than we do though.

Capper

Rhyce Shaw is disapointed that Swan isnt playing the Swans, i tend tio agree with what he said. You want to take on the best to see how good you are going

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/143963/default.aspx

TheMailman

Doesn't mean you won't use him as an excuse when you lose :P

SydneyRox

Quote from: TheMailman on August 08, 2012, 06:22:30 PM

This comment means he cant use that as an excuse when thye lose!! :)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: SydneyRox on August 08, 2012, 10:20:42 PM

no i don't make excuses i think my username signifies i understand and accept and appreciate the pies for what they are.

a great footy club.... that wobbles from time to time.

no excuses against Sydney, If DSwan makes or breaks us then we aren't a premiership club this season. end of story.

That's the beauty of Sydney there is great depth and so many "role-players" to come in and fill a role the team needs.

besides all this Sydney have thier own significant midfield out this week anyway, maybe not Swan but still a valuable player they will be missing.

WestCoast have played all season without thier #1 key fwd and handy players in embley, nicoski and lecras.

no excuses you win or you lose and that's all there is to it at the end of the day.

Samm79

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 09, 2012, 12:41:02 AM
Quote from: SydneyRox on August 08, 2012, 10:20:42 PM

no i don't make excuses i think my username signifies i understand and accept and appreciate the pies for what they are.

a great footy club.... that wobbles from time to time.

no excuses against Sydney, If DSwan makes or breaks us then we aren't a premiership club this season. end of story.

That's the beauty of Sydney there is great depth and so many "role-players" to come in and fill a role the team needs.

besides all this Sydney have thier own significant midfield out this week anyway, maybe not Swan but still a valuable player they will be missing.

WestCoast have played all season without thier #1 key fwd and handy players in embley, nicoski and lecras.

no excuses you win or you lose and that's all there is to it at the end of the day.

Well put sir, same goes for us this week too, we need to win or for it to be close to be considered genuine premiership contenders.

If my memory serves me well the corresponding clash last year went down to the wire so it should be a good game again

Colliwobblers

should be a kracker ! not a krakuer :) i don't think he is ready yet, but for a BIG game like this I would rather see Didak line up than elliot, but for whatever reason that is unlikely also even tho he absolutely slayed it in the VFL with 30+ possessions last week i doubt he will get a game over sinclair or elliot, and those youngens i feel just aren't up for the real serious games YET