League Draw Unluckness! grrrrrr

Started by 23rookie23, August 03, 2012, 02:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

23rookie23

Just wanted to see how many others are sharing in this extreme unluckyness?

I am top scorer overall in my league and am placed in 9th fighting for a top 8 spot this week!

I even scored the 2nd top score last week of just over 2,600 and got pumped by a freak top score by over 100!

arrrggghhh how frustrating.

Please tell me I am not alone LOL

ossie85

Yep. Has happened to me before a few times. Not this year, cos I suck this year, but yes.

Speculator

Yep, I'm the top overall scorer in my league and have had to scratch and scrape my way into a finals berth. The worst part is the idiotic comments from the other coaches in my league, who can't see the role that luck plays in the league fixturing. Hopefully i can smash the fools in the finals.

jfitty

I'm in the top 2-3 for overall scoring in all my leagues. Placed 9th in two of them and 7th in one  >:(

Grazz

Yeh its quiet a common occurence. Ranked 168 in SC and missed the finals in elxam c4 League
and playing for the plastic cup this weekend also missed the top 8 in another of my 5 SC leagues so thats
twice for me this year.  ???

JayM

2nd top scorer in one of my main leagues (was top scorer up until 2 rounds ago when my team decided to roll over and play dead for the past 3) and I have the 2nd most points scored against me in the entire league. I am currently 5th going into the finals and the person with the closest amount of points against to mine has 700 less. It really is all about luck.

Grazz

Yeh your right, luck is huge. Who you play and when you play them luck is so important. For me its more about ranking well and you hope you can make a few finals along the way. As long as the League ranks well im happy oh and i gotta rank ok aswell haha then im happy. :D

Ringo

Quote from: Grazz on August 10, 2012, 09:06:16 PM
Yeh your right, luck is huge. Who you play and when you play them luck is so important. For me its more about ranking well and you hope you can make a few finals along the way. As long as the League ranks well im happy oh and i gotta rank ok aswell haha then im happy. :D
Too right luck is huge and depends on the draw.  Bottom guy in one of my leagues started well but appears to have given up in the league and now averaging 1800 odd points.  I was unfortunate to play him first up where he scored 2300 and defeated me as I scored 2250.  Teams playing him in the later rounds were getting huge percentage boosts.  Do not how to overcome this. Finished this league with 3rd highest points scored but 8th rank 1 win behind 4th. Suppose just adds to the intrigue.

Spite

In one of my leagues I am coming 6th on overall points and am 14th on the ladder :'(

Grazz

It does add to the intrigue Ringo and can mean your never really out of it with just a bit of luck. Take this week for example
Robbo spuds it up, Mitchell late withdrawl could turn a few of my games this week in my favour. Thats lucky isnt it  ::).

Jroo

At around round 15 in one of my leagues I was 2nd (Only 20 points of first) in overall points but 14th in the league ladder  :'(
Also in that same league I had lost a game by a point and had a draw and ended up finishing 10th but I am 2nd still for overall points  ::)

Grazz

Quote from: JROO8 on August 23, 2012, 06:57:40 PM
At around round 15 in one of my leagues I was 2nd (Only 20 points of first) in overall points but 14th in the league ladder  :'(
Also in that same league I had lost a game by a point and had a draw and ended up finishing 10th but I am 2nd still for overall points  ::)

Crazy aint it, you keep thinking no this cant go on but everyone keeps getting up and beating ya. What are the odds haha. :-\

Jroo

Quote from: Grazz on August 24, 2012, 09:07:35 PM

Crazy aint it, you keep thinking no this cant go on but everyone keeps getting up and beating ya. What are the odds haha. :-\
Yer I always thought I would come back and make the finals but I was wrong

Grazz

Quote from: JROO8 on August 24, 2012, 09:23:21 PM

haha yep you keep saying i'll be ok im in the top 4 of my other leagues i'll come back. :-[

Jroo

Quote from: Grazz on August 24, 2012, 11:35:34 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on August 24, 2012, 09:23:21 PM

haha yep you keep saying i'll be ok im in the top 4 of my other leagues i'll come back. :-[
Yep +1