British 15's - Teams

Started by MTTY, June 20, 2012, 05:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: BGK on June 20, 2012, 10:00:13 PM
Quote from: tabs on June 20, 2012, 08:21:26 PM
I am thinking about changing to the Staines Steins

If you make this change tabs, I wil volunteer my services as an assistant. That's a cracking name.
Welcome aboard BGK

Boomz

CrowsFan

Quote from: tabs on June 20, 2012, 11:03:11 PM
MTTY

i have just been notified by Bristol council and they have had to pull their funding for the team so i have had to relocate to Staines

and welcome...............

Staines is actually called Staines-upon-Thames. Was renamed a few weeks back ;)

meow meow

Surely the team should have been called Da West Staines Massive.

CrowsFan

Why is Swansea in this? Thought this was meant to be English teams? They are from Wales...

Also I was thinking maybe you should limit the number of teams from each region and more specifically county. Maybe a limit of 3 from a specific region, but just 1 for each county?

So far from the team names picked you have 3 from the South East, 3 North West, 3 Yorkshire, 2 West Midlands, 1 North East, and 1 Wales. So looking at the regions that an alright spread, but then when you look at the counties it's a bit silly.

The three from the South East are all from different counties so that's fine. In the North West 2 are from Merseyside, so I reckon 1 should move. The 3 in Yorkshire are all located in the West Yorkshire county so 2 should move. And for the West Midlands both are from the same county again, so 1 should move.

Just not really getting a nice spread of teams around the country...

elephants

Well Hebden Bridge is a beautiful place (as seen in the front bar thread) so we ain't moving, sorry :)

CrowsFan

It was also the last picked, and the smallest of the 3

elephants

But best and greatest ;)
Honestly though, I don't see a real problem with a slightly uneven spread?

CrowsFan

Not really a problem, just think it would be better if there was a spread.

It would be the same as the worlds say if all the teams in that came from South and North America. Not really a world comp then (well the yanks would say it was). If you have the majority of teams from the same county then it's more of a county comp than nationwide comp

PowerBug

well CF does so you have to listen to him elephants!! !!!

CrowsFan

I'm not even a part of this PB so no one has to listen to me ;P

PowerBug

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 20, 2012, 11:59:24 PM
I'm not even a part of this PB so no one has to listen to me ;P
But everyone has to listen to you. :P You are FanFooty. :P

elephants

I see where you're coming from but I like my town and my team name. If there was a massive push for a more even spread I'd look to change it up but as is I'm happy :)

I like your think though ;)

Colliwobblers

Put us down as the

Winchester Wolves.

elephants

Winchester like in 'Shaun of the Dead'?