Main Menu

Umpire

Started by AFEV, June 09, 2012, 11:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

I agree that holding the ball is paid anymore. Been bugging me for years.

But sorry, it was play on at the end. The umps new it, Dempsey new it.

pyronerd

Quote from: monstrum on June 10, 2012, 03:39:22 AM
yeah flower the world!!

how can u introduce people to the game when u say "ok the only way to get rid of the ball is to kick or handball it" if ur tackled and u don't handball or kick it's holding the ball... 'oh except that time it got knocked out' ... oh yeh that time i think the umpire didn't see, oh that time he just dropped it, yeah don't know what happened there!! FU<KIN BULL$H!T!!!...

there needs to be ZERO discretion when it comes to disposal while being tackled!!! i'v had it!! aaaaghhgghaghghagahg >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
when I first started watching football (about 8-9 years ago) it was my understanding that the only time it wasn't paid was when the ball was knocked away by the tackler, and even then only when there was NO prior opportunity. Now if a player gets tackled, with or without prior, and they drop the ball, it gets called play on ::)

CrowsFan

pyronerd

Fletch74

Quote from: ossie85 on June 10, 2012, 10:33:33 AM

Late night Ossie... lol

At the end of the day, Dempsey stepped off the mark to play on, then the siren went.. That is all. We won the Free Kicks 23-13 and yet we're still whinging that the umpires didn't give us a fair go, come on fella's.

At the end of the day, we lost because we kicked 2-15 in the first 3 quarters, not because of the Umpires decisions, or that Dempsey hadn't played on. YOU HAVE TO PLAY 4 QUARTERS OF FOOTBALL, NOT ONE!!!

ossie85

Yep. My spelling and grammar are the first to go lol

owenbond007

Quote from: monstrum on June 10, 2012, 12:11:10 AM
"at the end of the day" the umpire called play on before the siren went!! That is all!!...

The bugger issue is all this talk about too many stoppages and rolling mauls, if the fu<king umpires just paid incorrect disposal PROPERLY there would be no problems!! Seriousley hav a look when a player gets the ball, if he does not handball or kick... Freekick. <--- period!!!!!

yes incorrect disposal is pissing me off too. The fact it is resulting in goals infavour of teams droping the ball is even more concerning.

Ringo

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 10, 2012, 02:19:22 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on June 10, 2012, 10:33:33 AM

Late night Ossie... lol

At the end of the day, Dempsey stepped off the mark to play on, then the siren went.. That is all. We won the Free Kicks 23-13 and yet we're still whinging that the umpires didn't give us a fair go, come on fella's.

At the end of the day, we lost because we kicked 2-15 in the first 3 quarters, not because of the Umpires decisions, or that Dempsey hadn't played on. YOU HAVE TO PLAY 4 QUARTERS OF FOOTBALL, NOT ONE!!!
Well summed up Fletch.  If Dons had coverted well in first quarter (1:10)and taken advantage of the forward 50 entries  we may not be having this conversation.

Agree the incorrect disposal is really getting up noses and this goes for all teams

monstrum

** Bigger issue.....

not bugger issue lol, i'm not a kiwi

bomberboy0618

Quote from: monstrum on June 10, 2012, 02:56:33 PM
** Bigger issue.....

not bugger issue lol, i'm not a kiwi
Oh nuu, I thought I'd found someone else like me, hey bro.

Spite

Just curious, do you think if Buddy had marked it, they would have said it was his 'natural arc' and not called play on?

Mat0369

Quote from: Spite on June 10, 2012, 04:24:06 PM
Just curious, do you think if Buddy had marked it, they would have said it was his 'natural arc' and not called play on?

I thought the exact same thing last night. Dempsey could have argued it was his natural arc and he stopped because he heard the siren so he could go back and take his shot.

CrowsFan

So you can argue that turning, seeing a player in space, taking a step to kick it it then hearing the siren so you don't release the ball is a natural arc.

Seriously guys it was clear he attempted to play on, just get over it. You win some you lose some

Mat0369

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 10, 2012, 05:10:20 PM
So you can argue that turning, seeing a player in space, taking a step to kick it it then hearing the siren so you don't release the ball is a natural arc.

Seriously guys it was clear he attempted to play on, just get over it. You win some you lose some

I thought he played on but the way he ran could have argued to the umpire it was his natural arc. He stumbled when the siren went and stopped, to go back and take his shot, but when he looked at the umpire he had called play on.

TheMailman

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 10, 2012, 05:17:46 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on June 10, 2012, 05:10:20 PM

I thought he played on but the way he ran could have argued to the umpire it was his natural arc. He stumbled when the siren went and stopped, to go back and take his shot, but when he looked at the umpire he had called play on.

But it clearly wasn't natural for him. He was moving around the mark to avoid the man on the mark for a 100% goal square kick. Franklin's movement happens right towards the end of his run up and doesn't really put him at an advantage to the man on the mark.