Main Menu

Richmonds best midfield

Started by Ziplock, May 31, 2012, 09:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/137344/default.aspx

I mean, it's definitely one of your strengths, and it's pretty good especially considering some of the youth... but best?

you would think carlton, collingwood and geelongs mids would walk over it (no offence, but, comeon :P )

Usman

im aware of the term reflexivity BUT I honestly think richmonds midfield is up there with the best of them.

I dont rate Geelongs midfield elite anymore (a big call i know) they dont have the run and carry and spread required to slice other teams up.

I rate Richmonds over Carlton at the moment due to Murphys injury, it really takes away from thier depth, run and inside 50 penetration.

Colingwoods however is still the best however i think richmond is closing in. both teams have a lot of depth in the mids and a really good balance of inside and outside mids. If Collingwood still had Ball playing i would say they have hands down the best midfield but wothout him, they can slightly lack a little inside ball and defensive pressure in the middle.

aces-high

Cotchin, martin, deledio, tuck, foley and are grigg are pretty damn good!! Second tiers who are getting a run through their in jackson, conca, nahas and edwards etc have really done well in playing their roles. Got a good future ahead, looking forward to seeing arnot get a game soon