Euro Drafting and Trading at the end of the year.

Started by Holz, May 29, 2012, 03:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Holz

Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2012, 04:49:38 PM
Yeah like Coniglio, Tyson, Mitchell and Longer will be household names in 4-5 years... If you're getting 5 of the best of these each year it does outweight it a bit...

what do you mean getting 5 a year? your 1st and 2nd pick will be good but 3 4 5 are normally rubbish

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on May 29, 2012, 04:49:21 PM
Ellis was not a good pick-up haah.

if you think that im happy to take him of your hands in the trade period.

BGK

Quote from: Holzman on May 29, 2012, 05:12:55 PM

Id be happy to take him too.

Quote from: Holzman on May 29, 2012, 05:11:56 PM
Yeah like Coniglio, Tyson, Mitchell and Longer will be household names in 4-5 years... If you're getting 5 of the best of these each year it does outweight it a bit...

what do you mean getting 5 a year? your 1st and 2nd pick will be good but 3 4 5 are normally rubbish

Its going to be a little tough to swallow this year but it will even out over the course of a few years

elephants

Settle down tiger, get in line ;)

Hird came from pick 73, Swan from the mid-40's and Ablett around there too. There are good players late in the draft ;)
What I mean though is that you'll get the best picks each round and thus 5 better players than everyone else if you pick right.

MTTY

Seeing as its a superdraft it might not be a bad idea to have two expansion clubs?

BGK

Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2012, 05:17:39 PM

Hird came from pick 73, Swan from the mid-40's and Ablett around there too. There are good players late in the draft ;)
What I mean though is that you'll get the best picks each round and thus 5 better players than everyone else if you pick right.

Swan was actually 58

BGK

Quote from: MTTY on May 29, 2012, 05:18:10 PM
Seeing as its a superdraft it might not be a bad idea to have two expansion clubs?

Yeah the new teams will be extremely light on for a few years. Do you think people will stay interested?

elephants

Quote from: BGK on May 29, 2012, 05:19:02 PM
Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2012, 05:17:39 PM

Swan was actually 58

You get my point though, right?

MTTY

Quote from: BGK on May 29, 2012, 05:20:22 PM
Quote from: MTTY on May 29, 2012, 05:18:10 PM

Yeah the new teams will be extremely light on for a few years. Do you think people will stay interested?

I think they will.

With the two expansion teams we could have something like

Each team must choose 3 players to be restricted.

The new teams get to take any un-restricted player from another club (max of 1 player taken from each team by both expansion clubs together)

Also the expansion clubs are only allowed to pick up three players like this AND from those three they are allowed no more than one from each position.

After that we determine the draft orders whereby they should get a number of early picks.

CrowsFan

Sounds interesting MT. If that was to happen I may be interested in stepping forward as a head coach. The Luxembourg Lemurs are looking for an EXV license ;)

elephants

PowerBug

Only thing i recommend is that there is a timeslot for trading, so it doesn't go on forever like this one did. ::) Whether it's 1 week or 5 weeks i don't mind, but it needs a timeslot where nothing else happens during that time. :D

Other than that i'm happy with whatever is suggested.

elephants

Quote from: PowerBug on May 29, 2012, 05:43:33 PM
Only thing i recommend is that there is a timeslot for trading, so it doesn't go on forever like this one did. ::) Whether it's 1 week or 5 weeks i don't mind, but it needs a timeslot where nothing else happens during that time. :D

Other than that i'm happy with whatever is suggested.

Whilst I'm more in favour of longer is better I tend to agree.

I propose a month... Thoughts?

Also we'd need to work out if it's WA TIME or EASTERN STATES TIME... Think there was some confusion last year.

Scrads

Quote from: Scrads on May 29, 2012, 03:58:30 PM
Another question Holz, will the rookie draft picks automatically be our rookie list or can players from the rookie draft make up leftover spots on our senior list. Also, can we use our national draft picks on our rookie list or do they have to stay on the senior list.

Holz ?

Also whatlez, give Ellis a break he is doing okay for a 19 year old, he hasnt even missed a game yet, he will be hot property in years to come ;)