Euro Drafting and Trading at the end of the year.

Started by Holz, May 29, 2012, 03:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Another question Holz, will the rookie draft picks automatically be our rookie list or can players from the rookie draft make up leftover spots on our senior list. Also, can we use our national draft picks on our rookie list or do they have to stay on the senior list.

Ziplock

it's a possibility, but it'll be really obvious if teams tank, and surely a penalty would imposed...

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on May 29, 2012, 03:59:20 PM
it's a possibility, but it'll be really obvious if teams tank, and surely a penalty would imposed...

Yeah, I reckon there should be.

Holz

Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2012, 03:56:54 PM
Cool!

Where do we stand on tanking? Yay or Nay?

Not that we will... Just teams could if they wanted too and thus steal all the best picks in next year SUPER DRAFT...

its hard to tank in DT but if it is detected the person will be moved to last on the draft.

Justin Bieber

No one should be tanking Ele.

Only the Wolves just to make the rest of the comp close :P

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on May 29, 2012, 04:00:53 PM
Cool!

Not that we will... Just teams could if they wanted too and thus steal all the best picks in next year SUPER DRAFT...

its hard to tank in DT but if it is detected the person will be moved to last on the draft.

Yeah thats smart.

You could tank! I would just play Jetta over Robinson and make Rhyce Shaw captain. Then load up on players that aren't even playing like Darrou and Symes!

BGK

Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2012, 04:04:26 PM
Cool!

Yeah thats smart.

You could tank! I would just play Jetta over Robinson and make Rhyce Shaw captain. Then load up on players that aren't even playing like Darrou and Symes!

If this really is a super draft I think I'd rather have 2 middle picks than a number 1 and 28.

Holz

Quote from: BGK on May 29, 2012, 04:22:08 PM
Cool!

Yeah thats smart.

If this really is a super draft I think I'd rather have 2 middle picks than a number 1 and 28.

I was having it like the normal draft so you get picks 1 and 15

BGK

Quote from: Holzman on May 29, 2012, 04:26:47 PM
Cool!

Yeah thats smart.

Hmmmmm. It is a massive hand out. With this and the rookie draft.

elephants

Quote from: BGK on May 29, 2012, 04:32:45 PM
Cool!

Yeah thats smart.

Yeah it is big stakes... Which is why coming last this year isn't all bad.

Holz

Cool!

Yeah thats smart.

yes it does seem a little overpowered, im only thinking rookies dont start scoring well for a long time in DT. So looking at it this year.

1 Wingard:has been pretty bad this year nad will take a long time to payoff if he does.
2 Coniglio: has been ok but woouldnt make many squads this year, will have to wait 2-3 years for him to be a decent starter and will he be a big scoring player?
3. Patton: hasnt played and i dont think he will be a DT player anyway
4. Omera: Not playing
5. Dom Tyson: same as wingard
6. Tom Mitchell: hasnt played
7 Longer: hasnt played many
8. Butine: 1 game
9. Docherty:  no games

so you can see that a high draft pick adds very little to your team in the short run and its really hard to get a good pickup and infact some of the late picks have been really good pick ups.

14. Greene, 16 Ellis, 26 Smith

The national draft is definitely staying as it is, but im open to suggestions for the rookie draft.

BGK

Quote from: Holzman on May 29, 2012, 04:45:02 PM
Cool!

Yeah thats smart.

yes it does seem a little overpowered, im only thinking rookies dont start scoring well for a long time in DT. So looking at it this year.

1 Wingard:has been pretty bad this year nad will take a long time to payoff if he does.
2 Coniglio: has been ok but woouldnt make many squads this year, will have to wait 2-3 years for him to be a decent starter and will he be a big scoring player?

so you can see that a high draft pick adds very little to your team in the short run and its really hard to get a good pickup and infact some of the late picks have been really good pick ups.

The national draft is definitely staying as it is, but im open to suggestions for the rookie draft.

I agree that its not an advantage that the teams are going to get straight away but over a longer period it will certainly help.

Justin Bieber

elephants

Yeah like Coniglio, Tyson, Mitchell and Longer will be household names in 4-5 years... If you're getting 5 of the best of these each year it does outweight it a bit...

Holz

Quote from: BGK on May 29, 2012, 04:47:53 PM
Quote from: Holzman on May 29, 2012, 04:45:02 PM
Cool!

Yeah thats smart.

I agree that its not an advantage that the teams are going to get straight away but over a longer period it will certainly help.

Its a litttle overpowered this year with the superdraft and the rookie draft having some good players in it but i can see a few teams have alot of older players e.g. PB and at some stage alot of his players will retire and he will be down the bottom of the ladder (unless he trades) so these teams will need the picks to rebuild.